Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Retro City Rampage DX - PS4 Physical Release - Very limited release for $25 w/bonus

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

God fuck that mentality. That was brought up in another thread too, not about this game, but I put my two cents in on the stupidity of people particularly from there shoving asininely high bounties on game which in turn has the effect of driving up the price for honest game playing people who missed out on a narrow window of time. Now those who want it will end up having to pay out the ass to get the game. I get that if you're talking some small beans operation making homebrew, but much of you do see is warez (reproductions) or unauthorized selling of a prototype for a game still owned by someone else despite the cart being stolen in another decade.

You see a 20 game run, and it's gone in under an hour or something depending on popularity, anyone who missed out then or gets into it later ends up paying out the nose for something, at least with the warez stuff, shouldn't be limited at all as it's piracy. I would not doubt for one minute someone from that site, or just otherwise have bought up a few of those games to put them in a plastic tomb with a goofy sticker and number on it just to sell it at a fat profit.

Pac-Man (Level 10) mailman187666's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I will admit that I did buy my copy without owning a PS4. I do plan on getting one soon though, and may want to actually play the game. If I do decide to sell it, it'll only be because I could use the money to buy Christmas presents for my family, or I am cutting it close on paying my bills for that month. Otherwise I'd like to keep it as either a cool modern day collectible, or crack it open if I do want to play it when I inevitably do get PS4. I'm sure there are some re-sellers out there that was probably ordering 20+ at a time, especially at under $30 a piece.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I don't see the harm if you don't have a PS4, you got a PC or a Mac right? In the box you also get a free steam code to get the game that way too as part of the purchase. I intend to click that one through when I get it just to have it on my laptop for a minute here or there to abuse the terrain. I'm sure there are some who did it, I read at another site some people like 4 copies of it and not because they're gifts for others which is fairly sleazy considering the run of them.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    I don't see the harm if you don't have a PS4, you got a PC or a Mac right? In the box you also get a free steam code to get the game that way too as part of the purchase. I intend to click that one through when I get it just to have it on my laptop for a minute here or there to abuse the terrain. I'm sure there are some who did it, I read at another site some people like 4 copies of it and not because they're gifts for others which is fairly sleazy considering the run of them.

This hobby isn't about playing games anymore it is about flipping product and exploiting those who may want to play the games instead of having boxes of games they will never get to enjoy.
    Cool people I have bought stuff from on this board: orrimarrko kyosuke75 dave2236 video_game_addict cloudstrife29661 NESCollector75

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I'm not going to disagree with that, but I think most of us here aren't flush with cash and to a degree are guilty of it as well. I've done my share of games I've flipped so I can afford stuff I normally can't, but I don't do it for straight up exploitation as a job or part time second job of sorts.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    I'm not going to disagree with that, but I think most of us here aren't flush with cash and to a degree are guilty of it as well. I've done my share of games I've flipped so I can afford stuff I normally can't, but I don't do it for straight up exploitation as a job or part time second job of sorts.
    Oh I don't mean finding a good deal on a game and then selling it. I have done that with games before. There is no way to not do it. I mostly mean the people that buy up all the stock to just reselll them. Some people saying they bought 4 or 5 copies just to resell.
    Cool people I have bought stuff from on this board: orrimarrko kyosuke75 dave2236 video_game_addict cloudstrife29661 NESCollector75

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Ahh yeah I kind of figured that, just wanted to put it out there that there's a difference. We all do it to a degree, it's when it gets predatory to where you're taking advantage of others and that's where gaming has gone to now.

Pac-Man (Level 10) mailman187666's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

See, I bought my copy because I collect. I'd like to keep it for a long time. When things like bills and expenses come up, such as Xmas gifts, you damn right I'm going to flip my copy. I honestly think that collecting is great, and I love hooking up the retro stuff to play.

When money is tight, I turn to things like this to help me out. I certainly don't collect strictly for money. When something like this comes around, I'll grab one because I know it'll bring me that extra cash I need for my rent. If I don't need the money, I hold the deal I got for as long as I can. I'm sure some of us can relate to this logic.

I'm excited to get my copy, as it'll be my first PS4 game.

ConsoleGeek
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    ChadChops

I ordered my copy so I could play it, no other reason. I only buy games I think will be fun to play. I don't flip games or collect just to show it off on a shelf. For less than $30 shipped I figured I'm not risking anything.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mailman187666 View Post
    See, I bought my copy because I collect. I'd like to keep it for a long time. When things like bills and expenses come up, such as Xmas gifts, you damn right I'm going to flip my copy. I honestly think that collecting is great, and I love hooking up the retro stuff to play.

When money is tight, I turn to things like this to help me out. I certainly don't collect strictly for money. When something like this comes around, I'll grab one because I know it'll bring me that extra cash I need for my rent. If I don't need the money, I hold the deal I got for as long as I can. I'm sure some of us can relate to this logic.

I'm excited to get my copy, as it'll be my first PS4 game.

Yes, we can all relate to that. We are not talking about when money is tight situations. Rent is always more important than games ever would be. As Tanooki said when it is a predatory practice it is something that ruins it for people who want to actually play and enjoy games. I will be interested to see if this game even goes up to a very high price because it is available on everything from day one as a digital.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

It might, it might not. Not a fair comparison, but where do those gold Duck Tales carts from last year sit at now? A heap of digital copies, a limited disc release (just not 2K small) and what like 50 carts?

I was being specific about predatory behavior just to hose people over, not people who are at or under budget who have to get rid of stuff to get or replace things. That's where I am now. I have a 7 going on 8 year old quad core PC that's taking a shit at an increasing rate, eaten alive by Vista and age I gave to my wife. I've been pandering off a heap of good stuff, some I'd rather not, so I can get a ballsy gaming laptop so I can pass this one off onto her for her photoshop cs6, video stuff, and the rest. My stuff has a purpose, and even then I'm selling a little under value just so it moves but not enough for some douche to use me for a flip.

Banana (Level 7) kaedesdisciple's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    JOEY BLACKOUTS
    PSN
    JOEY_BLACKOUTS

Damn I missed out on the preorder. Oh well, I really wanted to support the dev here as I enjoyed the game on the Vita and wanted to get a physical copy to play on my PS4. I say fuck the flippers, if I pick it up anywhere I'll pay the retail price and no higher. I have patience and if I don't get it, I'll live, I have a huge backlog anyway lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I don't blame you. That's the stance I've taken since the insanity really started to pick up a few years back. I draw the line at a loose cart at original retail if it's coming out of my pocket and I've stuck to that. It has interestingly got me into some nice things, and others I've just dismissed as 99% chance of never happening going this deep into the sharking now. I'd love to own Little Samson, and I'd love most of all to get my old Aerofighters SNES cart back, but paying $700 and $400 respectively can suck it. That alone is half the laptop budget I've been scrimping away for in two, let's face it, lousy roms I could download for free anyway versus a laptop that does so much for the money versus a solitary game scum have run up the flag pole.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just got an email with my Steam codes for the game. I forgot it came with those. Such a good deal.

ConsoleGeek
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    ChadChops

Quote Originally Posted by kai123 View Post
    I just got an email with my Steam codes for the game. I forgot it came with those. Such a good deal.
    Same here. I guess I need to create a Steam account now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Thanks for reminding me, saw that too last night in bed pop up on my tablet in email. So I wouldn't forgot I re-forwarded it to my private ISP email too. I should just add it now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kai123 View Post
    All I am seeing on the game is the PS3 version. Do you have a link for the PS4 version?
    You are right, my confusion!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Damn i miss out on the preorder and i just got a PS4 recently as a birthday gift.Man i hate it when a game get's a limited run Oh well still i agree what most say here watch the physical version get flipped.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wake me when it's a physical release on PS3.
    Whaddya mean invalid parameters?!

9,000 gigs of ram and it still can't answer a simple question!

ConsoleGeek
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    ChadChops

Received the tracking number for my physical copy. Can't wait!