Thread: Who is picking up Smash Wii U this Thursday night?

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Who is picking up Smash Wii U this Thursday night?

I literally will be doing nothing but smashing over thanksgiving break. Huzzah!

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

"Not I" says the meat lord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Nope. Got the 3DS one, and I think with the same rosters the added $20 with the differing modes isn't worth the dough. I haven't even unsealed the 3DS one, only have it as it cost me six dollars.

ConsoleGeek
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    ChadChops

I'll get it once the price comes down. I did preorder Far Cry 4 so I'll be playing that instead.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

It's Nintendo, short of a local sale or coupon, I wouldn't count on the price coming down. Did they ever player's choice the Wii version?

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

If I was able to get that $60 Wii U from Sears, I would have, but not interested right now. Considering that Project M 3.5 was just released, I figured that I could just play this if I wanted to play SSB.

I won't pay $360 to play SSB, but I'll pay $460 to play Dragon Age Inquisition. I have a more than capable PC and PS3 to play the game and just spend $60, but I'd rather have a DRM free retail copy of the game and I refuse to purchase another cross gen title for last gen consoles. Getting a PS4 and Dragon Age Inquisition this month.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I dont blame you at all about cross gen buys or platform stuff either. Im shortly going to order a higher ball level gaming laptop so Im looking at steam and GoG again. There is some overlap, but for as much as there is, theres lots more that is old that GoG has and not Steam and the opposite with Steam on the having more new junk.

Im thinking Ill stick with GoG on the classics they got working and the relatively newer 21st century stuff more or less with Steam as I dont want to limit myself. With the console side, WiiU is in bad shape and I see little use going forward other than a few games so Im thinking to inspire more interest games that are cross released to the PS4 Ill sell off and buy on there when I want to play that again to get the full experience.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That reminds me. I gotta call eb games if theyre doin a midnite launch. If so, ill definitely go. I work till 11pm wed nite and work at 2pm the next day. I like the 3ds version except the screen is small and the analog is cumbersome. Ill still suck but not as bad. Ill main Peach and Duck Hunt.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    If I was able to get that $60 Wii U from Sears, I would have, but not interested right now. Considering that Project M 3.5 was just released, I figured that I could just play this if I wanted to play SSB.
    was anyone actually able to get that deal? CAG said some people price matched but I highly suspect they were fibbing

I might get this Smash at some point, but not now. I think Wii U will drop and drop in price. I do like the new gamecube controllers being produced, however.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Rickstilwell1's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    TheGameCollector

Best way to get a good deal on top tier Nintendo titles is to get them during a store's "Buy 2 Get One Free" sale which often happens around the holidays. I just bought 2 used Wii U games at Gamestop and got Mario Kart 7 for 3DS for $4 because of it.
    [quote name='Shidou Mariya' date='Nov 17 2010, 10:05 PM' post='4889940']
    I'm a collector, but only to a certain extent.
    Not as extreme as Rickstilwell though.[/quote]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Good call. I did that the day the 3DS came out. I went to one store for the hardware, then went to Toys R Us and bought 2 and got 1 game free. If you have few games you've waited on and enough money to afford two games, that's the way to knock down Nintendo and it's lame never cut the price unless the game fails tactics.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I hate answering threads like this and typically never do unless it's to provide an affirmative reply. It's like replying to a thread asking for assistance, just to apologize for not being able to help since you don't know the answer...

But I'll be passing over what surely will be a fine game and a game of the year contender for several reasons despite my love for Nintendo and the Wii U presently being my only next generation game console. I simply just don't care for fighters or games where their heart is in multiplayer.

As an adult, opportunities for local multiplayer are few and far between. And unless I have a group of friends that are casual fans of a particular game and wanting to play a game online once in a while, I'm also not too crazy about online multiplayer. Unless I'm really hooked, something that hasn't happened in years, I'm not willing to invest enough time to become competitive and go up against teens that spend their life in a particular game.

Especially in a series with as many long-time fans as this one, the barriers to entry are more trouble than they're worth. I'll leave it to the kids and the adult fans that probably started out on this franchise many years ago and have been honing their skills for weeks in the 3DS version.
    Last edited by Leo_A; 11-18-2014 at 04:07 PM.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

In all honesty, the 3DS version left me wanting more. Hopefully the Wii U version will alleviate these feelings...

Reticulating Splines BetaWolf47's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    It's Nintendo, short of a local sale or coupon, I wouldn't count on the price coming down. Did they ever player's choice the Wii version?
    It'd be Nintendo Selects, and no. They did drop it to $29.99 though, just $10 above the Nintendo Selects titles.

Anyways, I'll be buying Smash Wii U, but not on Thursday. Wish I was able to.
    Selling gaming accessories. Click

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Last edited by Jive3D; 07-18-2020 at 06:01 PM.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The day is upon us!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Dunno if i'll check it out i never played the ones past at all.When it comes to fighters i all ways stick to capcom,snk and arc systems.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

If you're into those kinds of fighting games this one may not really be for you. There's no depth to the controls, it's basically a mario party fighter of sorts. You hold a direction (or not) and mash a button to do a move. All the move sets for controls are the same, just what the character does varies a bit depending who they are. There is no real life bar, timer, or KO issue...you just beat on people until they are kicked off the platform one way or the other and the more they're hit the easier it is to do so. It's a fairly shallow fighting game meant for Nintendo franchise fans and people looking for a very easy to pick up and play party game among friends. I know the smash fans probably won't like to agree with that, but it pretty much is just that. I like it, other than the messed up Wii game, but it's kind of falling into this valley that Animal Crossing did where you have this one high note game and the others just feel like they blur together as they do so little to make things different as there's only so much(little) you can do with the mechanics.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Last edited by Jive3D; 07-18-2020 at 05:59 PM.