Thread: Little Big Planet 3?

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Little Big Planet 3?

I just picked this up today, the Day 1 plushie edition, it's awesome. Anyone else care about Little Big Planet like I do? lol I never played the PS3 games but after playing the PSP game I was totally on board. Fun game, I'm playing it now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I'm interested in it, never did like the 2nd one much but I played out the original one. Always wanted back then a little sackboy plush but it never happened.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nebagram
    PSN
    Nebagram

I love the LBP series, never got into either handheld version much but I played both PS3 games to death and am really excited about #3. My favourite user-created level in LBP2 was a brilliant one set in a series of giant spinning discs that constantly rotated so that no direction was ever consistently up. It was really long though, so I played about half of it, went back to try to play it a little later only to discover it had vanished.

So I made my own version of that level.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I never got into or liked the user created stuff or wanted to do it myself as I haven't the time. That's the one concern I have with LBP3 since I've not read any reviews about it. I'd hate to think it is another weak platformer by the company where they really just want you to dig into it and do it yourself or use things others made instead as the emphasis.

Pac-Man (Level 10) mailman187666's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I read on IGN that someone spent 2 years re-creating Final Fantasy 7 to be played on LBP2 and 3. I guess the full story is there, as well as the side quests.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/11/...ittlebigplanet

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I haven't played any online modes for the games, I only played the story modes for the 2 that I played. I never played the PS3 games only because I don't own a PS3. But I am very interested to try out the level creation, but I'll probably be more interested in playing what other people have built.

The last sort of level design I remember doing was in Skate 3, and I wound up not finishing it

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I've only played the demo of the first game and couldn't get past the floaty jumping so I never purchased the game. I ignored the second game for quite some time, eventually played it and saw that they improved upon the jump physics. The physics of the second were improved and it felt tighter, with the Vita version even more than that. The second game was amazing imo as was the Vita version, so I'm interested in this one. I'm getting a PS4 GTA5/TLOU bundle on Black Friday and getting Dragon Age Inquisition with it, so I'm going to wait on purchasing LBP3, but I'll eventually get the game. My friend is getting the game though so I'll still be able to play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by mailman187666 View Post
    I read on IGN that someone spent 2 years re-creating Final Fantasy 7 to be played on LBP2 and 3. I guess the full story is there, as well as the side quests.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/11/...ittlebigplanet
    This same guy is constantly praised about his FF7 remake on LBP2, but his levels are terrible. RAF_ARCH on the other hand has released some absolutely jaw dropping levels remaking Final Fantasy 7 and gets little to no recognition whatsoever. Search levels for bombing mission on LBP2 and then find the one created by RAF_ARCH. Instead of choosing Bombing Mission which was the original version of that level, go to his planet and choose the levels with the Shinra logo. He has several levels and all of them are amazingly well done.

Here's the first level which has since been redone. You can definitely see RAF_ARCH was passionate about his remake levels though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uP6C1D2DU_k
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    I never got into or liked the user created stuff or wanted to do it myself as I haven't the time. That's the one concern I have with LBP3 since I've not read any reviews about it. I'd hate to think it is another weak platformer by the company where they really just want you to dig into it and do it yourself or use things others made instead as the emphasis.
    I just beat the campaign mode of the game last night and I promise you the platforming is fantastic. Reminds me a bit of Rayman where there's bizarre platforms that are just perfectly on point, beautful graphics and level design that's just genius. It's a 2D sidescroller with a big budget. These are usually good. It's not 1992 anymore where games like these were all over the place, imo, developers have a formula down for these games, and LBP3 has it.

I am gonna try to get into the user-created levels, and there are a few DLC stories for it like the Nightmare Before Xmas.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm interested in it, never did like the 2nd one much but I played out the original one. Always wanted back then a little sackboy plush but it never happened.
    I just like to plug Little Big Planet cuz I love the games and I'd hate to see it die out like Crash Bandicoot and Jak & Daxter. The gaming industry needs games like this that are actually creative and original, and I don't like seeing platformers confined solely to the indie game scene.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I totally agree with that entire last post you made there. Quality games are becoming further and farther between that aren't the usual yearly spew and this one is definitely a qualifier for it if all you said in the post before that is on the nose. Also Jak and Daxter is making a comeback I read earlier this year so I guess a new game is coming.

I'll see how the Black Friday though Christmas sales go. Maybe I can snap it up cheaper that way. I just have enough going now I haven't the time for off my computer that's still in the way and this is the stuff I wasn't willing to sell off and say screw it.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I totally agree with that entire last post you made there. Quality games are becoming further and farther between that aren't the usual yearly spew and this one is definitely a qualifier for it if all you said in the post before that is on the nose. Also Jak and Daxter is making a comeback I read earlier this year so I guess a new game is coming.

I'll see how the Black Friday though Christmas sales go. Maybe I can snap it up cheaper that way. I just have enough going now I haven't the time for off my computer that's still in the way and this is the stuff I wasn't willing to sell off and say screw it.
    I'm not exactly a total hardcore Jak & Daxter fan, not cuz I don't like them, I just haven't played much yet, but that'd be awesome to see. I'd love to see more unique games by Atlus too similar to Catherine, or other quirky awesome games like Portal. I'm just tired of the same play-it-safe high budget titles, how many FPS's do I need to play? And how many open world GTA clone games do we need?

At least there's still always Nintendo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

FPS and GTA-me too games are played out to me. Sandbox I can't even really enjoy anymore other than a few hours in or casually, and the modern 3D style ones from Rockstar and the Saints Row stuff is just awful as they've gone into this 'Sims' like handholding crap where it constantly dogs and whines at you about stupid crap. The PS2 era of GTA3/Vice City was the highpoint and the last one I could tolerate pretty well was Red Dead Redemption and I didn't even finish it due to some infuriating stuff later into it. I did just get that PS4 Retro City Rampage DX though as that doesn't look like it'll get offensive or mommy nag me the whole time. FPS stuff though outside of the occasional WW2 shooter there's not much I like with that anymore as it's way too carbon copy with a huge emphasis on online play and little care about the story which is all I do play as I hate the abusers and mouth breather jerks on the online stuff. I can handle my own in the middle of the pack on there but the behavior gets old fast unlike something like a Guild Wars type thing.

That's why games like LBP3, Uncharted 4 next year, Pinball Arcade, the single only player Wolfenstein New Order, the new Tomb Raider, even that dopey Lego Movie game I find far more interesting because they keep it fun. It's also why I'm digging into that SNES affordable thread in the board here as I like to find fun things with lower investment into it (also why I actively still pick up GBA and Famicom stuff and re-considering SFC again too.)

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

FPS and GTA-me too games are played out to me. Sandbox I can't even really enjoy anymore other than a few hours in or casually, and the modern 3D style ones from Rockstar and the Saints Row stuff is just awful as they've gone into this 'Sims' like handholding crap where it constantly dogs and whines at you about stupid crap. The PS2 era of GTA3/Vice City was the highpoint and the last one I could tolerate pretty well was Red Dead Redemption and I didn't even finish it due to some infuriating stuff later into it. I did just get that PS4 Retro City Rampage DX though as that doesn't look like it'll get offensive or mommy nag me the whole time. FPS stuff though outside of the occasional WW2 shooter there's not much I like with that anymore as it's way too carbon copy with a huge emphasis on online play and little care about the story which is all I do play as I hate the abusers and mouth breather jerks on the online stuff. I can handle my own in the middle of the pack on there but the behavior gets old fast unlike something like a Guild Wars type thing.

That's why games like LBP3, Uncharted 4 next year, Pinball Arcade, the single only player Wolfenstein New Order, the new Tomb Raider, even that dopey Lego Movie game I find far more interesting because they keep it fun. It's also why I'm digging into that SNES affordable thread in the board here as I like to find fun things with lower investment into it (also why I actively still pick up GBA and Famicom stuff and re-considering SFC again too.)
    I enjoyed a lot of the modern style games on 360, I played a ton of Halo, lots of Red Dead Redemption, and the Undead Nightmare version which no one talks about, where the whole game is infested with zombies, I think the Batman games are awesome too, I'm waiting for them to butcher that franchise. The only hack-n-slash games I've gotten into in the past several years were El Shaddai and Metal Gear Rising: Revengence, Metal Gear being cuz I'm a huge Metal Gear fan. Borderlands and other more unique shooters like that I can enjoy, but u really hafta dig to find good games. I'll check out Uncharted tho, and the Tomb Raider game was definately huge, I didn't play that. I'm also waiting for a new Katamari game. Other than that, it's just certain kindsa games I happened to be into, like I'm waiting for a Skate 4 to be announced cuz I love skateboarding games and enjoyed that series, except the first one, stay away from that game.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I also played L.A. Noir, and enjoyed it, although I don't have it in my collection at this point. Lollipop Chainsaw was also some crazy fun. Shaun White Snowboarding was fun cuz it's semi realistic, although doesn't have the same exciting gameplay as SSX. I played a bit of Prince of Persia on 360, it's not great, the graphics are nice and the story is not bad but the hack n slash gameplay is just awful, so redundant.

I do want to play Rayman Origins, which I missed, Rayman Legends is amazing, and totally worth the money.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I uploaded all the FF7 levels from RAF_ARCH. There's not 131 so he never created a complete remake of the FF7 like the other, but RAF_ARCH's levels capture the feel of playing FF7 with the level design, almost all of the text word for word, ATB RPG combat system, etc from the very beginning of the game all the way to helping Aerith escape the church.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sSq...bh6WrlE45RZk4L
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.