Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Street Fighter 5 - Exclusive to PS4 and PC - Not coming to Xbox One

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Is it really not coming, or is it Tomb Raider 'not coming' where it is a year later and the developer is being a dick and lying about it? It doesn't impact me I got the PS4 since it has the exclusive quantity and quality stuff out there these days out and coming.

You know come to think of it, this is a good thing, and not just due to sticking it to MS, but because ports = watered down lost potential. If you only have to make one version of the game on the console side you can then use the hardware to play to its strengths instead of having to cap things at what the One can do at most since it's not quite as powerful as the PS4 internally.
    Last edited by Tanooki; 12-06-2014 at 11:03 AM.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    buzz_retro64

Don't worry, Xbox One will get the Super Hyper Ultra Special Turbo Dash Plus Fighting Arcade X HD Remix Revival Champion New Challengers Grand Master Challenge Double Impact Anniversary Edition a year later.
    Last edited by buzz_n64; 12-06-2014 at 11:19 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    Parallax-Scroll

Who knows about some future iteration, like a Super/Ultra Street Fighter V on Xbox One or its eventual future-gen successor. I'm sure that will happen eventually, years down the road.

All we know right now is the foreseeable Street Fighter V will only be released for PS4 and PC. They will feature PS4-PC crossplay, which has already been done in War Thunder BTW.

There wasn't even any mention of a coin-op arcade release.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/12/...for-ps4-and-pc

PSX 2014: STREET FIGHTER V CONFIRMED FOR PS4 AND PC

SFV will never be on another console.

Street Fighter V is coming to exclusively to PS4 and PC, Capcom producer Yoshinori Ono confirmed today at PlayStation Experience.

Sony partnered with Capcom for development of the game, and players will be able to play with each other across platforms on PS4 and PC. Sony's Adam Boyes added that "PS4 will be the only console this game ever appears on."

"It was clear, to match the passion of Street Fighter fans around the world, we need the combined strength of both Capcom and PlayStation," Ono said.

We already heard the news last week according to a prematurely released SFV trailer, but Ono's announcement serves as confirmation.
    Last edited by parallaxscroll; 12-06-2014 at 10:56 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I wonder if Microsoft wouldn't (or I suppose couldn't) offer crossplay.

At any rate PC has me covered, so Im stoked.

Also, anyone bitching about future upgrades doesn't understand fighting games. We'll be lucky if V gets the level of support 4 got.
    New Comics for the Week of 10-03-12

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Well I think what it will come down to is contract and money if MS ever gets their hands on it. If Capcom being in the financial shape they are in took money from Sony to develop and/or publish it in any means then MS can just forget it. If this is some payoff like the Tomb Raider shit storm from a few months ago, then give it a year but at that rate I could only imagine how many lesser sales they'd get anyway between PC and PS4 having it covered.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Considering XBone have basicly no signifigant install base in Japan. I don't think Capcom is worried about to many lost sales.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I'm not interested in either Tomb Raider or Street Fighter 5 so neither of them matter to me.

I would be interested in Street Fighter 5 if Capcom wasn't the usual Capcom, milking the series until it lost all the more casual fighting game fans. They turned me off to the series in the past, and then when Street Fighter 4 came out, I was interested in it again, but all the milking turned me off from the series again. So I'm thinking about 2026 I'll be interested in the franchise again.

Street Fighter 5 will guarantee the hardcore fighting game fanbase to stay with Playstation, but it's really not going to do much imo. They should have got an exclusive Final Fantasy for the RPG crowd or an exclusive GTA.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Street Fighter 4 is one of the most accessible fighting games of the current era (certainly over 3). So I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Adventurer View Post
    Street Fighter 4 is one of the most accessible fighting games of the current era (certainly over 3). So I'm not sure what you're talking about.
    I think he is referring to all of the versions of Street Fighter that come out. I am sure they didn't think to make the core engine easier to adjust in Street Fighter 5 just like they did in 4. A pretty big bullshit excuse that could be fixed with a patch these days. I understood it during the old days but now it is such bullshit. 5 doesn't look that much better than 4 going off that trailer anyways.
    Cool people I have bought stuff from on this board: orrimarrko kyosuke75 dave2236 video_game_addict cloudstrife29661 NESCollector75

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The current upgrade situation is worlds better then it used to be, due to DLC you don't have to buy an entirely new game. Though Capcom has been really cool about making the upgrade editions cheaper then the launch game.

Again, I don't understand the complaining about a game's life span being extended when A) there's no reason to reinvent the wheel every year or two, and B) it's a genre standard to continue enhancing the game over several iterations.

Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

Seems like Capcom has moved a number of its games to Sony-only, but again that's simply because Sony has agreed to bankroll these games. You're going to see this more often, because the publishing giants in Japan have so little capital in reserve.
    The Paunch Stevenson Show free Internet podcast - www.paunchstevenson.com - DP FEEDBACK

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I finally feel proud to be a PS4 owner, Crimson Viper all the way

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Just wait for Street Fight V: XL Edition or Super Street Fighter V. It won't be absent from the Xbox One for very long...

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The current upgrade situation is worlds better then it used to be, due to DLC you don't have to buy an entirely new game. Though Capcom has been really cool about making the upgrade editions cheaper then the launch game.

Again, I don't understand the complaining about a game's life span being extended when A) there's no reason to reinvent the wheel every year or two, and B) it's a genre standard to continue enhancing the game over several iterations.
    They are now called season passes. It is a bullshit reason to resale the same thing over and over to people. Capcom is worse about it than other companies are. They include DLC on the disc for some games. You know those used to be unlockables but now we love to bend over and if you critize it you don't "get it". Capcom is a shitty company and they have been for a long time now. When I see a small company like Projekt Red give away an entirely enhanced edition of their game for free to owners of the game it gives me some hope. As long as people buy it they will do it. I wonder why Street Fighter 5 will be unbalanced when the new Street Fighter 4 that just came out is not that unbalanced. I wonder what reason they will have to sell the game to me again.
    Cool people I have bought stuff from on this board: orrimarrko kyosuke75 dave2236 video_game_addict cloudstrife29661 NESCollector75

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    I'm not interested in either Tomb Raider or Street Fighter 5 so neither of them matter to me.

I would be interested in Street Fighter 5 if Capcom wasn't the usual Capcom, milking the series until it lost all the more casual fighting game fans. They turned me off to the series in the past, and then when Street Fighter 4 came out, I was interested in it again, but all the milking turned me off from the series again. So I'm thinking about 2026 I'll be interested in the franchise again.

Street Fighter 5 will guarantee the hardcore fighting game fanbase to stay with Playstation, but it's really not going to do much imo. They should have got an exclusive Final Fantasy for the RPG crowd or an exclusive GTA.
    You know that was a big thing with me on SF4. They milked the crap out of it and even more they made it so damned hardcore it was hardcore only. They set even the difficulty of the 1P mode to be absurdly difficult until you did v-easy or easy because 1/2 into it the AI would ramp up and beat your ass like it was psychically reading your moves or watching your thumbs. That set of things had me get rid of the game. I never bothered with Super or Ultra, so I have no idea if they finally un-dicked it in the end. If SF5 is uber hardcore again I'm not playing it because being alone and disinterested it being screwed by career SF players online they 1P mode need to at least on normal be fair.

I used to have the original SF4 for PC in the end (had it on 3DS) but damn did Games for Windows servers go down and it killed it from working due to the sleazy setup MS made for it had. At least I bought it used for a buck. I know Ultra is on steam, maybe watch for a sale eh?

FPGA arm-based system Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

Yeah, I dont understand the complaints either. People who actually play and enjoy the series will have no problem buying the upgrade editions. It seems that alot of people like to bitch about games they dont even play.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    You know that was a big thing with me on SF4. They milked the crap out of it and even more they made it so damned hardcore it was hardcore only. They set even the difficulty of the 1P mode to be absurdly difficult until you did v-easy or easy because 1/2 into it the AI would ramp up and beat your ass like it was psychically reading your moves or watching your thumbs. That set of things had me get rid of the game. I never bothered with Super or Ultra, so I have no idea if they finally un-dicked it in the end. If SF5 is uber hardcore again I'm not playing it because being alone and disinterested it being screwed by career SF players online they 1P mode need to at least on normal be fair.

I used to have the original SF4 for PC in the end (had it on 3DS) but damn did Games for Windows servers go down and it killed it from working due to the sleazy setup MS made for it had. At least I bought it used for a buck. I know Ultra is on steam, maybe watch for a sale eh?
    SF4/Arcade/Ultra are not super hardcore games. They can be hardcore because they are well designed complex fighting/tournament games. They are games that require some level of technique and practice.
    Last edited by bb_hood; 12-07-2014 at 04:05 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by buzz_n64 View Post
    Don't worry, Xbox One will get the Super Hyper Ultra Special Turbo Dash Plus Fighting Arcade X HD Remix Revival Champion New Challengers Grand Master Challenge Double Impact Anniversary Edition a year later.
    Which will be disc locked content on the PS4 version.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bb_hood View Post
    Yeah, I dont understand the complaints either. People who actually play and enjoy the series will have no problem buying the upgrade editions. It seems that alot of people like to bitch about games they dont even play.

SF4/Arcade/Ultra are not super hardcore games. They can be hardcore because they are well designed complex fighting/tournament games. They are games that require some level of technique and practice.

Thanks bro but I do play the games but I don't like relearning a rebalanced game over and over again. I really don't like being charged for balance issues either. We are not dealing with carts anymore and it is getting out of hand with how many double and triple dips developers are trying to squeeze us for. Dark Souls 2 is doing it now. I love the souls series but I have to pay for upgraded graphics that were promised in the original trailers? I also can't play with my friends on the "old" version because of some unknown reason? It is bullshit and as soon as from software was being published by Namco this shit started. That's great that you think only the hardcore will be buying the game but I bet Capcom would love more than the hardcore crowd to buy their games. It is ridiculous to think any differently. SF 5 will come out again and again. I was going to purchase the new SF4 but now I have no need to. It will be a waste of money since SF5 will be out and 4 will be phased out pretty quickly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I don't agree with you at all on that bb. I've been a long time player of the SF2 and 3 trees of arcade/home games and somewhat with SFA1+2 as well. I was exceptionally good taking down people on some of those. SF4 I struggle with horribly and the game is just badly balanced as a 1P game. I was thinking it was a lack of skill but I spent a good evening on this one as it bugged the hell out of me. I originally had it on PS3 and what I did was put the game both through arcade mode and also training mode flipping the difficulty switch from 1 (v-easy) to 4(normal) to 7(max difficulty) and what I found was just stunning.

Playing under 4 the game seemed to handle the AI ramp up just like the pre-SF4 games (2 and 3) where it got harder as it went along. Playing 4-7 I found neither one harder than the other and my problems with the AI seemed to line up. Around the 3rd or 4th fight the AI would go from ramping up as I found to be normal for the franchise into some psychic level bs. It was like I had some guy looking at my fingers as I dialed in the moves at least half of the time where they'd be like 'ahh he's doing a fireball' and they'd pull the proper counter move to hit me during the animation to break it and manhandle my life for a good 1/3 of the bar. It was like the game saw what I was dialing in and just did the only move possible with position to break it and beat the crap out of my fighter. I did not find the frequency any worse on level4-7. In arcade mode it would go bad around stage 4, and if I kept at it eventually I'd get through to the end, but I never did improve. I then took it to the training room for a few hours against old return players and new like C Viper and it was the same. It confused the hell out of me that the AI could just spy on what I was dialing in and do that every time and that the difficulty had no effect on it. That's just bad design to me meant to only appease to the hardcore audience that would just be messing with real people and using that junk to train with.