Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: XBox's quintessential RPG?

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've played through Jade Empire. Don't remember too much about the story. But I liked it because of its Chinese martial arts backdrops, love me some chop-socky fu. It could get boring at times. Combat system was unique, almost realtime. Too many dialog choices when talking to npcs. Don't know why so many games have these things, just give me some info and let me be on my way. Not trying to conversate with a screen image.

Played Morrowind for about 20 minutes before realizing the game was too huge for me and was in way over my head. Baldurs Gate was pretty good on the ps2, I imagine the xbox is the same. That's a hack n slash action rpg, gold and armor collectathon though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok, sweeping statement (that I will probably regret later) time - Jade Empire is the best of Bioware's console RPGs.

Ok, so it is not a patch on BG2, but it refines some of the mechanics from KOTOR, has enjoyable combat and some memorable characters (particularly John Cleese and his blunderbuss).

It's such a shame that Bioware closed in 2007 after releasing Mass Effect.. That is what happened, right? All the shit since then must be a different developer..

16-bits, yo Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PrimordialHelios View Post
    You really don't need a gaming PC for KOTOR (for the first one at least). I can run it at 60 FPS with everything turned all the way up on low end PC from 2006. It's nice to finally be able to play a game at 60 FPS, lol
    How low end? Do at least have a graphics card (even an old one) instead of onboard intel graphics on a laptop? Even today I'm sure you can buy a PC that won't give a satisfying experience on even a game that old, 'sall I meant. Decent, not high end.

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Quote Originally Posted by Daltone View Post
    Ok, sweeping statement (that I will probably regret later) time - Jade Empire is the best of Bioware's console RPGs.

Ok, so it is not a patch on BG2, but it refines some of the mechanics from KOTOR, has enjoyable combat and some memorable characters (particularly John Cleese and his blunderbuss).

It's such a shame that Bioware closed in 2007 after releasing Mass Effect.. That is what happened, right? All the shit since then must be a different developer..
    EA bought them out and then did their thing. The Bioware that is now is certainly not the same company anymore.

Although I did really like DragonAge and (DLC aside) thought it felt like a true Bioware title.

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Quote Originally Posted by Daltone View Post
    Ok, so this is an old thread, but still - how have so few people played Jade Empire?
    I just played it for the first time in November. Despite having an Xbox, loving RPGs, and having access to the game (my dad loves it) just didn't want to try it. The setting and combat didn't appeal to me. Basically, I was being a stubborn idiot. The game's amazing. Easily one of my favorites for the system now. My one complaint is that it's way too short with not enough areas to explore. Basically I didn't want the game to end.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daria View Post
    I just played it for the first time in November. Despite having an Xbox, loving RPGs, and having access to the game (my dad loves it) just didn't want to try it. The setting and combat didn't appeal to me. Basically, I was being a stubborn idiot. The game's amazing. Easily one of my favorites for the system now. My one complaint is that it's way too short with not enough areas to explore. Basically I didn't want the game to end.
    Is it really so good? I have to give it a go. I didn't show my old Xbox any love in the last couple of months, and I was very busy lately playing for the first time Lunar Silver Star Story complete for the PS1.

My Jade Empire ist still sealed after all those years. Time to break the seal.