Thread: Top 20 Best (and Worst) PS3 Games

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Cool Top 20 Best (and Worst) PS3 Games

I think the old beast has had a good run, and now having been superseded by its successor, I believe it is time we compile a classical Digital Press 20 best & 20 worst list for the PS3. What are your nominations for the greatest and lamest of the PlayStation 3?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Satoshi_Matrix

It's still too early to compile a list of best PS3 games. The upcoming PS3 library is still pretty healthy, and we're yet to see even big hits like Persona 5 yet. It's too early to throw in the towel on the PS3. The Wii is one thing, but not the PS3.
    check out my classic gaming review site: http://satoshimatrix.wordpress.com/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Here are some games I'd nominate:

1. Motorstorm - Yeah, the original game. Might seem kinda lame now, but let me tell you I got an import copy of Motorstorm in December 2006, and I was playing that game for months and months and months. The mud seemed so next-gen to me. It was the first experience I had on PS3 that really justified the purchase.

2. Wipeout HD - Man, this game didn't get anywhere near the amount of respect it should have gotten. An amazing wipeout game, with amazing sound and visuals. Even had 3D support. Should have had a physical release.

3. Super Stardust HD - Everybody talks about Geometry Wars with all this respect and admiration, but I thought that Super Stardust was even better. Also looked amazing in 3D.

4. Uncharted - The first game is pretty underrated imo. Sure the ending sucked, but for 90 percent of the game it was pretty awesome.

5. Uncharted 2 - I actually haven't completely finished this game. I'm about 70 percent of the way through. The parts I played were just as good as the first game, if not much better.

6. Ratchet & Clank Future : Tools of Destruction - Very solid Ratchet and Clank game. Won't totally blow you away or anything, but super solid.

7. Little Big Planet - I'm not a huge, huge LBP guy, but you have to give props where props are due.

These 7 games really stand out for me. I haven't played Uncharted 3 or The Last of Us, so can't really comment on those. Most of the 3rd party games actually played better on 360, so I'm not going to rank any multiplats.