Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Indie Pub/Developer Ripstone "quietly" releases three retail PS4 titles...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

That's some really great news to see these things happen, it's like a revolt against the digital rental format given they're so cheap ($20) and you get the same quality game in a real release. It puts more variety on the shelf so the budget minded consumer can get some well priced and varied goodies they may have never known of before or been aware of if they stayed off of/ignored PSN. Visibility and price are key, it has both doing that.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Tiny Troopers and Awesomenauts for the PS4 are now available at Toys R Us retail locations. They also qualify for the buy two for $30 game sale, although they had to apply the discount manually for me today.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Saw Tiny Troopers and Awesomenauts for PS4 at Target for $20 each today. It looks like they will also be getting World Poker for the PS4 based on their website.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Giana Sisters Twisted Dreams releasing on the PS4 in the west finally. Horrible cover art, but atleast there's a retail version.

I just ordered it now and ordered the Hotline Miami Collected Edition so I can have that at retail as well. Hotline Miami Collected Edition is exclusive to Japan, includes a digital code for Hotline Miami 2 that I'm going to sell as I already own it and it's the Japanese PSN only. If your PS4 is in English then the game will be in English.

*edit*

Hotline Miami is an amazing game. Review score rating I'd give it a Hotline Miami/10. I recorded every level and put them up on Youtube and also got in the top 100 on most stages. Playing with keyboard and mouse isn't ideal, but I enjoy this game so much that I suffered through even the PC version playing with only keyboard and mouse(I had no controller at the time.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9rQ...WUL9E9a7an-7R0

Last edited by kupomogli; 02-08-2016 at 10:07 PM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Cool another gets the proper honor I imagine it deserves.

I've been curious about this one, never grabbed it but eyeball it when a GoG sale pops up.

I remember playing some old DOS conversion of the old original back in the 90s and liking it a lot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    theclaw135
    PSN
    Eonclaw

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    Giana Sisters Twisted Dreams releasing on the PS4 in the west finally. Horrible cover art, but atleast there's a retail version.
    Ouch that'll upset some people. PS4 release at $20, just 3 months after the $40 Wii U edition.
    Lum fan.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theclaw View Post
    Ouch that'll upset some people. PS4 release at $20, just 3 months after the $40 Wii U edition.
    If they've owned a Wii U this long, I think an overpriced retail edition is the least of their disappointments.

I'm just kidding... sortof. I did buy my PS4 only a little more than I later bought my Wii U which still hasn't dropped in price outside of this latest Black Friday. I spent that much on a console and have almost nothing to show for it upsets me more than overpaying for a game tbh, so I can only imagine the people who don't have the expendable income to own multiple consoles.

Although it does suck paying something higher priced only to see a lower priced copy appear just a few months later. The only reason I can imagine the price difference is because the amount of projected sales due to the larger number of the player base. That's probably the reason for the higher priced version, but throwing the Wii U version out there first to get the sales they can get from the Wii U version first is a little bs imo.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 02-09-2016 at 01:06 PM.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    If they've owned a Wii U this long, I think an overpriced retail edition is the least of their disappointments.

I'm just kidding... sortof. I did buy my PS4 only a little more than I later bought my Wii U which still hasn't dropped in price outside of this latest Black Friday. I spent that much on a console and have almost nothing to show for it upsets me more than overpaying for a game tbh, so I can only imagine the people who don't have the expendable income to own multiple consoles.

Although it does suck paying something higher priced only to see a lower priced copy appear just a few months later. The only reason I can imagine the price difference is because the amount of projected sales due to the larger number of the player base. That's probably the reason for the higher priced version, but throwing the Wii U version out there first to get the sales they can get from the Wii U version first is a little bs imo.
    It's two different publishers though. The WiiU version is published by a company called Alliance Digital Media which also published the similarly overpriced Brunswick Pro Bowling for the PS4 and Xbox One. Soedesco which is a European publisher is just starting to break into the US market and Giana and Last Tinker for the PS4 are their follow up releases to the PS4 and PS4 versions of Teslagrad. Having said all that, Giana and Last Tinker appear to have been delayed as my Amazon orders haven't shipped and Gamefly is now showing 02/23 as the tentative release date.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Another retail game popped up. Battle Worlds: Kronos. This game is similar to those like Battle Isle, Panzer General, Daisenryaku, Advanced Wars, Field Commander, etc.

I looked the game up and watched a bit of gameplay and it looks just like the games above. An interesting gameplay feature that they've added is the joker action. The vehicle might be able to shoot twice, move twice, or move and shoot, adding a bit more depth to the gameplay. The game includes local, live multiplayer, a synchronous multiplayer for all versions and a map editor on the PC version which will most likely be included with the PS4 version. For $20, purchasing this seems like a no brainer if you're even remotely interested in this type of genre.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BMESDVK?psc=1

*edit*

Also for Xbox One.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 02-17-2016 at 01:34 PM.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I just picked up another obscure $20 PS4 title that appears to be Walmart and Amazon exclusive (there are a few sellers on Ebay as well) called Kromaia. It looks like it released a few weeks ago on disc and Amazon is already out of stock, but there are some third party sellers that still sell it through Amazon Marketplace. It's a pretty shooter that has some similarities to Rez, although I believe it was originally a fairly inexpensive Steam game on PC.