Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Indie Pub/Developer Ripstone "quietly" releases three retail PS4 titles...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSGTheSportsGamer
    PSN
    DOAsaturn

Default Indie Pub/Developer Ripstone "quietly" releases three retail PS4 titles...

http://ps4daily.com/2014/12/ripstone-physical-releases/

I noticed these by accident on Amazon the other day and ordered all three. Who knows how widespread these will be released, but I've only seen these listed on Amazon right now. So far my order hasn't officially shipped from "fulfillment_solutions" (a "seller" I've seen before on lower budget releases).

Certainly a bit more under-the-radar than the more celebrated limited release of Retro City Rampage. I wonder if more indie devs will look to publish physical copies of games in the future with Sony's apparent ease of access. Could lead, unexpectedly in this day and age, to a boon for collectors of physical media and rare games. Could be like the Atari age all over again with loads of quirky releases scattering the corners of the market.
    www.weekendroady.com - Weekend Roady!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I hope this pattern continues with successful releases. Not everyone gets online as much as they'd like them to, and some won't buy locked download games they can't keep a backup of too, so this is an excellent situation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSGTheSportsGamer
    PSN
    DOAsaturn

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    I hope this pattern continues with successful releases. Not everyone gets online as much as they'd like them to, and some won't buy locked download games they can't keep a backup of too, so this is an excellent situation.
    Well said. It really works for all parties. Even though I'm a admitted collector who is biased towards physical media, I'm still put off by the digital downloads on their own merits. I increased my PS4 library tenfold this holiday, nabbing AAA titles off of online retailers with prices that the PS Store simply couldn't come close to matching, and I get a physical copy that I can keep/sell/trade/loan etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I'd be doing that today if Sony hadn't f'd up the Drive Club PS+ version as Amazon has it for $35 (retail $60.)

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DOAsaturn View Post

I noticed these by accident on Amazon the other day and ordered all three. Who knows how widespread these will be released, but I've only seen these listed on Amazon right now. So far my order hasn't officially shipped from "fulfillment_solutions" (a "seller" I've seen before on lower budget releases).

Certainly a bit more under-the-radar than the more celebrated limited release of Retro City Rampage. I wonder if more indie devs will look to publish physical copies of games in the future with Sony's apparent ease of access. Could lead, unexpectedly in this day and age, to a boon for collectors of physical media and rare games. Could be like the Atari age all over again with loads of quirky releases scattering the corners of the market.
    Thank you for this. I went ahead and ordered from Amazon as I have Prime and I would assume they will actually come into stock shortly. I had heard that companies were going to be doing this after Retro City Rampage got approved by Sony, so hopefully this trend continues.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DOAsaturn View Post

Looks like Teslagrad and Awesomenauts are getting PS4 retail releases in the US in early 2015. No listings yet on Amazon, but the developers indicated that it will be happening very soon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSGTheSportsGamer
    PSN
    DOAsaturn

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    Looks like Teslagrad and Awesomenauts are getting PS4 retail releases in the US in early 2015. No listings yet on Amazon, but the developers indicated that it will be happening very soon.
    I will definitely keep an eye out on those two as well. I'm definitely going to keep tabs on these digital-to-retail releases going forward. I also ordered the Terraria Special Edition release that just came out last week as well.

P.S. My order just shipped! Hope I can get these three games by Wednesday/Thursday even though I don't think the particular way I ordered it was Prime-eligible (though I'm a Prime member)...

Pac-Man (Level 10) mailman187666's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I just ordered Stick it to the Man. It said there were only 19 left in stock when I placed my order. Not sure if they are going to keep stocking these or not. I assume they won't be as limited as the Retro City Rampage DX, but either way, I'd rather physical copies of games that are normally download only.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

That Teslagrad and Awesomenauts news is pretty good, they looked interesting to me. I hope this is a wave of more good fortune to come of budget run downloads put onto a retail disc. I'd be all over paying $20 for games like that so they last and I have some semblance of control with it. We should keep an eye out for this kind of good news and totally support it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSGTheSportsGamer
    PSN
    DOAsaturn

Just an update on shipping - it looks like I'll be getting these three games on Thursday. I'll post pics here of the box art (front and back) later, though not sure I'll open any of these quite yet.

P.S. Received my Terraria Special Edition today, the packaging is quite nice.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSGTheSportsGamer
    PSN
    DOAsaturn

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    That Teslagrad and Awesomenauts news is pretty good, they looked interesting to me. I hope this is a wave of more good fortune to come of budget run downloads put onto a retail disc. I'd be all over paying $20 for games like that so they last and I have some semblance of control with it. We should keep an eye out for this kind of good news and totally support it.
    It appears Teslagrad is already available in boxed form in most European markets and Awesomenauts: Assembled looks like it has pre-order listings for early next year on various Amazon international websites and such, so that looks even more promising for a N.A. release.

Flockers and Worms: Battlegrounds got EU-only physical releases awhile back. I imported Flockers for a friend for Christmas whose into those Worms/Lemmings styled games... It's a pain to import from EU. A few Amazon sites let you do it (like Amazon.fr), but some don't.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSGTheSportsGamer
    PSN
    DOAsaturn

Got 'em today...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	15430580554_7cabaffcb3_z.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	72.5 KB 
ID:	7775Click image for larger version. 

Name:	15430584894_c4ab86b01e_z.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	85.7 KB 
ID:	7776Click image for larger version. 

Name:	15430588464_9366427442_z.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	77.3 KB 
ID:	7777Click image for larger version. 

Name:	15433237893_9cfcc43a10_z.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	85.3 KB 
ID:	7778Click image for larger version. 

Name:	15865605010_52b6eeb2f3_z.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	61.0 KB 
ID:	7779

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSGTheSportsGamer
    PSN
    DOAsaturn

A couple more...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	purepool.JPG 
Views:	10 
Size:	30.7 KB 
ID:	7782Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sides.JPG 
Views:	11 
Size:	18.6 KB 
ID:	7783

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSGTheSportsGamer
    PSN
    DOAsaturn

Interesting thoughts...

These were shipped from Shakopee, MN (an outer suburb of Minneapolis, I'm quite familiar with it actually - gf is from near there). This publishing company called "Play It" lists their address as 3880 Fourth Avenue East, Shakopee, MN - so these were essentially shipped directly from them.

There is no real online record or associations I can find for a "Play It" at that address, but it seems a large video game logistics firm called COKeM International works out of that address. This "Play It" probably exists in name and logo alone, just to brand these, and System 3 (a real group in England) worked that deal somehow with COKeM.

I'm going to be in Minneapolis for a few days before Christmas, I have half a mind to drive over to this COKeM out of pure curiousity lol. Don't know what that would accomplish, a "Play It" T-shirt?

"Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?" Flashback2012's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quick update on this, I spied both Pure Pool and Stick It To The Man at my local Best Buy over the weekend for $20 each. I unfortunately did not see Pure Chess.
    "Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Makes me wonder if there's something special about Stick It To The Man. It's in an IndieGala bundle with a bunch of other games for $1.89 at the moment.
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." --Bertrand Russel (attributed)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WastingOrpheus

Quote Originally Posted by Flashback2012 View Post
    Quick update on this, I spied both Pure Pool and Stick It To The Man at my local Best Buy over the weekend for $20 each. I unfortunately did not see Pure Chess.
    Best buy does carry Chess online and has some on eBay.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpa...=960&keys=keys

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191469343163

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I saw those games at the best buy a few days ago when I had to go in when my wife was checking out video recorders. I can't see much fun in playing chess against scummy AI and the other game looked kinda screwy, but for some reason I was almost tempted to buy that pool game as it looked like it could be fun.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Sorry to bump an old thread, but it looks like several more formerly digital games are coming to PS4 in early November at $20 each, per listings on Gamestop.com. They are World Poker Championship, Tiny Troopers and Awesomenauts, all on the PlayIt label. It looks like Amazon finally shipped my Teslagrad for PS4 this morning, so it appears that has been released on disc in the US at $20 as well, although that was from Soedesco.
    Last edited by Bojay1997; 10-19-2015 at 05:28 PM.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Looks like Toys R Us is also showing the three new PlayIt games as coming soon and they have two others, Switch and Surgeon Simulator for PS4 on disc at $20 also listed for preorder.