Thread: Best Games for Android from Amazon's "Free App of the Day" Program (No Longer Updated)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Talking Best Games for Android from Amazon's "Free App of the Day" Program (No Longer Updated)

I'm changing this thread. From now on, whenever there is a really good game listed as Amazon's "Free App of the Day," I'll be posting to this thread with info about it. Anyone can feel free to reply to this thread whenever there is some good game that is available as the Free App o' the Day for Android.

Original post
    ------------
    Featured as the Free App of the Day on Amazon.com, Terraria (Android version) is available for free but only for today, Christmas (or for the non-Christian types, Dec. 25). Normally it costs $4.99.

Terraria is an excellent game: imagine a 2D version of Minecraft but with all the recipes for crafting things LISTED IN THE GAME ITSELF rather than having to search the Internet for the info; and instead of being, "Yeah, go wherever, you figure it out," Terraria is much more "game-orientated" with progression and lots of bosses and enemy types.

Let me know if you pick it up!
    Last edited by Nz17; 01-04-2015 at 06:14 AM. Reason: Changed scope of thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Just picked it up thanks to this thread, thanks for the heads up!

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

No problem, BHvrd: I'm happy to be of service!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

To be honest I thought this game would suck on mobile but the way it zooms in when you do any crafting/building is very smart design. Much better than expected, would have actually bought it had I known the controls were actually so intuitive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

It works well. I've got a few versions of it between those random dollar sales that pop up so I've got it on android, ios, and steam, also when gog had it for $2 I grabbed that too. I really do enjoy the game in a casual sense. I know it has bosses and junk but I guess I probably just play it wrong because I've never seen one. Perhaps I just don't go deep enough but I don't like going too far from the home I setup as it's a pain the butt climbing back out of places.

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Today's free game: SONIC CD! I really like this game, but over time I've ended up with so many copies of it! Let's see... early CD-based version for Windows; SEGA CD version; GameCube port; the recent "Christian 'Taxman' Whitehead" Windows enhanced remake version; and said same "Christian Whitehead" version, but for Android. I don't think I need five versions of SONIC CD... but then again, I don't mind having so many.