Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: What Game/s are you Playing? Daily/whenever check :) 2016 (GAMEPLAY)

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Combat Cars (Genesis, 1994) Game...

Using a clone system...

This is one of several Genny games I'm playing this week..
    I mainly sell Genny games on ebay so gives me a chance to play a lot of them ..Some games surprise me that I never played but enjoy..

Pac-Man (Level 10) Emperor Megas's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I've been playing The Evil Within (XBOX360 version) for the past few months. I only play a little on the weekend, and not every weekend, which is why it's taking me so long to get through it. That, and because this game is legitimately disturbing. I straight up have to play this shit during daylight hours. It scares a hell out of me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Megas View Post
    I've been playing The Evil Within (XBOX360 version) for the past few months. I only play a little on the weekend, and not every weekend, which is why it's taking me so long to get through it. That, and because this game is legitimately disturbing. I straight up have to play this shit during daylight hours. It scares a hell out of me.
    I own it and can't play it......I tried but It scares a hell out of me so I just shelved it..I find it to disturbing...

Playing

Zillion (Sega Master, 1987)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

PS4
    Odin Sphere Leifthrasir,vanillaware really improved the game for this remaster

Neo-Geo
    Samurai Shodown 2
    Metal Slug 3

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Alienation. Didn't get the game until now because there's been no physical release until the Asian version recently released. It's like Destiny with the primary, secondary, and heavy weapons, but it's much more tuned to Diablo than Destiny is. Enemies are in groups more often, much like Diablo, health comes from random life drops on the field, although the classes have some abilities that can heal themselves, and weapons stats/slots have a lot more RNG. So far liking the game a lot, although based on how many missions I've finished after a few hours, not sure how much longer it'll be. Not sure how much replay value it has, but won't know that until I finish it.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I've barely touched Ozmafia on PC since my last post, but I did read a few of the extra scenes in Pashet's route. It's nice to see a lot of Bercy this time since he was mentioned in passing but barely seen before. It's also hilarious seeing Pashet interact with the brothel guys.

Mostly, I'm just focusing on Adventures of Mana on Vita. I gotta be close to the end of the game now, maybe even in the final dungeon, I dunno. I got every spell, and my weapons menu is filled up, though the Rusty Sword has yet to change. I still haven't gotten the trophies for collecting one of every piece of armor and consumable item either. I've also filled in the entire world map, though right now I'm cut off from access to it.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've been playing Mighty No 9 for quite a bit last week. Its rough round the edges but I've really enjoyed it. Managed to get all the trophies (which involved playing it through many times, sometimes without dying...) so I'm taking a break before going back to the Ray DLC.

I'm now working on Bloodborne (PS4) and Odin Sphere (Vita). I've only beaten 2 bosses so far on BB but I'm really loving it so far. The combat feels really solid and I love the enemy/boss designs that I've encountered so far.
    Odin Sphere is awesome as well, I'm onto the third character story which it turns out is a nice change of pace compared to the last two characters. I'm really liking the combat and boss encounters in this game as well, plus it looks wonderful on my Vita's screen. Having never played the PS2 version of this game I'm really glad I gave this remaster a chance as its been great fun so far

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Having unpacked most of my old consoles in the new house, I've set up the 1981 TV and the Toploader on my nightstand. Started playing The Legend of Zelda again. I've never beaten this game fully, got to Ganon's dungeon in my Famicom Disk System copy though.

And hey, first new post from me in over three years... it's good to be back

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Welcome back Spaz.

Thanks to it being relatively easy and quick to get in Adventures of Mana on Vita, I just got my first ever platinum. That was a fun little game, but now it's time to move on to something else.

Speaking of which, I'm finally moving on from Pashet's route in Ozmafia on PC too. I had a hell of a time trying to get her best ending. I think maybe next I'll tackle Robin Hood's.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

So put 20 hours into Alienation with one character, it's a good game, but because it doesn't have the amount of content as Diablo and the only thing that's been left for me to do after hitting level 30 is grinding for the best level 30 legendaries(which I've got one 12 slot primary weapon,) or grinding for cores to combine and make level six cores, it's starting to get a bit too repetitive to keep going. It doesn't have the amount of content with the amount of different class builds Diablo 3 has because of the many different legendary weapons you can get, or even Destiny for that matter. What it does have is fun, but those two games are better games simply because you can enjoy them for much longer. Diablo 2 and 3 can be enjoyed for several hundreds of hours, while I've only put in 30 hours into Destiny myself, the main game plus a few end game raids, a bit of pvp multiplayer, I know atleast one person who has played Destiny since it launched. So Alienation is a good game, but don't expect it to carry your attention that long after you finish.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PreZZ
    PSN
    PreZZ

I went to my local independant game store to buy Odin shpere on vita... but they were sold out... ps4? sold out too... but they had a mint ps2 copy for 29.99! SOLD! Its really though to understand the gameplay at first, but its growing on me and Im glad I continued playing and didnt abandon, and It also helped me understand Princess Crown,s gameplay (had a guide but I couldnt understand the maps, gameplay, etc.) as it is basically the same gameplay, as soon as im finished with OS ill give princess crown another go

Insert Coin (Level 0) stlgamer75's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Currently playing Night Trap & Sol Feace for Sega CD, Castlevania Bloodlines for Genesis & Wonder Boy 3 for Master System. Attempted to play Alex Kidd in High Tech World but got annoyed with the test early in the game and stopped.
    Check out my retro gaming blog - Cartridge Corner
    http://stlgamer75.wordpress.com

Console of the Month: PlayStation

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I did start Robin Hood's route in Ozmafia on PC like I was thinking about, and my enthusiasm for the game has been renewed. He's a pretty enigmatic character, so that's keeping me motivated to get further and learn more, even if the big mystery of what's behind that plague mask is over, haha.

I also decided to start up Corpse Party. It's the PSP version, but I'm playing it on my Vita. I've been reading the manga, so before I spoil even more of the story for myself, I want to finally get around to playing the game. I've played games with horror elements before, but I think this will be my first time playing all the way through a true blue horror game. So far it's not particularly scary or exciting, since I have a general idea of what's going to happen, although knowing some events to come does give me a general sense of dread about certain rooms, haha. Even though I had wanted to play this game sooner than later, I kinda wish I never bought the PSP release so that I could've just waited for the 3DS release this August and own a physical copy of the game in English, but oh well. I bought the PSP version on sale anyway, so it was only like 10 bucks. I just hate buying games digitally when I could be getting them physically.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I think I'm pretty deep into Robin Hood's route in Ozmafia on PC now, but it's hard to say. Its plot twists have been a little too predictable so far, but it's still been enjoyable.

In Corpse Party on my Vita, I've now cleared the equivalent of the first two manga volumes. Or in other words, I'm in Chapter 2, having just gained control of Yoshiki. Now to just play however far it takes to clear the equivalent of the third and fourth manga volumes, and I'll finally start to see unfamiliar story content. It's kinda weird how the game is split up into completely separate chapters, in that your save file doesn't even carry over from one to the next. Not that it seems like there would be any benefit in that, since items you acquire are used up in the chapter they're found. It seems like the chapters are designed to be replayed, though, so it makes sense. I missed one of the bad ends in Chapter 1, and I can think of a few things that I could've done differently (a couple dialogue options, and I could've placed the board to head north rather than south), so I'll try that later.

My Vita copy of Xeodrifter from Limited Run Games arrived yesterday (along with my PS4 copies of Xeodrifter and Lost Sea, but I have no PS4 to play them on yet), and I think I'll make that my first LRG release that I play through to completion. I hear it's really short, so it shouldn't get in the way of the other games I'm playing. Heck, for all I know, I may already be halfway through it. I've heard some complaints about it, but honestly, I don't see much in the way of issues. It's not amazing or anything, and it's certainly not very creative or innovative, since it's a blatant Metroid clone, but it plays pretty well and I'm having fun with it. I gotta say, I'm disappointed in the manual, though, as silly as that is to complain about. I was excited to have my first US Vita game with a true blue manual, and I read it completely before I started playing, but the writing is so pretentious and pinky up that I was just rolling my eyes the whole time. Towards the end, there's a part that's like journal entries that has a much more casual tone, so I guess the prior pretentiousness was an attempt to make it sound scientific and intellectual, but I think it falls flat and comes off simply like the writer wants to show off how obtusely they can present the story and information.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Been playing Valkyrie Profile on PS1 and yesterday I soldered a new battery for my N64 controller pack and tested it playing Mystical Ninja: Starring Goemon ... GREAT GAME!
    Las calles no son basurero, POR FAVOR TIREN LA BASURA EN SU LUGAR !!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

I was on vacation: Wildwood NJ...Hit the Pinball Palace with it's vintage line up of games...other arcades incuding one with a massive PAC MAN Machine..
    Then my favorite arcade at the north end of the boardwalk ..it houses several old arcade machines,pinball machines and..Out Run 2

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Modern gaming wise I've been playing lots of Bloodborne over the last couple of weeks. Managed to finish the game off at the beginning of the week, and have dived straight into the DLC. Absolutely loved the game, the challenge, the enemies, bosses etc. All of that was very much to my liking. I always ended up coming back for more even after dying several times in one area!

Retro wise I'll be getting back to Thunderbirds (Amiga) tomorrow, its possibly the oldest unfinished game I have, and I've been meaning to finish it for ages. So this week I plan to finally rectify that mistake.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Rickstilwell1's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    TheGameCollector

I'm still working on Pokemon Crystal. Trying to get one of every Pokemon you can get in the game without trading. Once I reach that point I'll play Gold and Silver some more to get the stuff I need to get all 249 regularly obtainable Pokemon.

On my commutes to and from work I am also filling my Pokemon bank with monthly downloadable mythical Pokemon by starting Pokemon Y over and over. When it's a month where you need a download card with a code, I just visit multiple Gamestops or go to the same one on days where different employees are working to get one more card. I usually end up with about 7 of those. That way they can have different natures. I figure if I get enough then I'll have enough to transfer to each different version of the game. When Sun and Moon come out there will be 6 of them for 3DS.

I also have Pokemon X version which I will be using as my first main file of the generation, but I am staying at the Pokemon center in the first town until I beat all the older games first. At this point in the game, that version can receive one of each mythical Pokemon as well.
    [quote name='Shidou Mariya' date='Nov 17 2010, 10:05 PM' post='4889940']
    I'm a collector, but only to a certain extent.
    Not as extreme as Rickstilwell though.[/quote]

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Welp, I must've had a knack for picking the relatively upbeat routes in Ozmafia on PC previously because I fully completed Robin Hood's and did my first run through Soh's, and both had pretty heartbreaking bad endings, as much as they try to put a positive spin on things with the bonus scenes after the credits roll. And even Robin Hood's good ending was pretty depressing. His route got real weird real fast the first time through, and just got darker from there, but things made more sense, and were less creepy, the second time through with the added scenes. Oof, those added scenes, though. What's weird about Robin Hood's route is that the added scenes appear even past the split between the good and bad endings. So if you get the bad ending the first time through (which, as far as I can tell, may be automatic), you still have to play through and get the bad ending again to see all his scenes. That worked for me since I struggled to get his good ending, anyway, but that final added scene is a gutwrencher, and assuming you're skipping everything you've already read, it's the last thing you'll see on that run. What a way to end the route, geez. Anyway, now I'm sad over Soh's route, haha. He's such an upbeat character that I thought he'd be nice and light after how heavy Robin Hood's route got, but nope. Early in the route, all it did was make me hungry because practically every scene was at his food cart, haha, but that bad ending didn't play around. Now let's hope the good ending makes up for it. (Though, really, I like sad and dark visual novels too, so I'm not complaining. I wouldn't want every single route to be cloyingly happy.)

I also finished Xeodrifter on Vita since my last post and kinda sorta got back to Corpse Party, but I've barely been touching that. As pathetic as it is to admit, I've gotten stuck in Chapter 2, despite that I'm familiar with this part of the story from the manga. I replayed Chapter 1, trying to get the ending I missed, but I had no luck with that. I also started Chapter 2 over from scratch, doing a few things differently, but I got stuck again just the same. I did the first Extra chapter and got its ending, but now there's nothing I can do but try to explore and examine everything I can access in Chapter 2.

Lastly, I've gotten mildly obsessed with Pokemon Go like the rest of the world, haha. I'm the laziest Pokemon trainer, though, since I've caught all but one of my 30 so far from home, haha. Now I'm totally out of Pokeballs, though, so I definitely have to play it outside to continue.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Huh. Apparently, that ending I got in Soh's route in Ozmafia WAS his good ending, which not only disproves my theory that good endings can't be obtained the first time through, but is also a real shocker. Man, that route was a mindfuck. Both endings have some big mysteries that go unanswered, and it's a tragic ending no matter what, just in two opposite ways. I'd argue that the course of events leading to the bad ending is nigh incomprehensible it's so disjointed. I wonder if the epilogue/grand finale that comes after seeing everybody's endings will explain something here or if the writing just kind of fell apart. Well, it was still an interesting route overall, but urgh, I should know better than to trust upbeat characters, haha. VN scriptwriters just love to lead you into a false sense of security and then jab the knife into your chest.