Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: What Game/s are you Playing? Daily/whenever check :) 2016 (GAMEPLAY)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Life has got in my way for months so I have been away from the retro social side of things ,I have had little time to sit and play for long periods so it has been quick blasts using mostly emulation:my notes for last five months are-
      (ARCADE) Battle Of Atlantis , Double Dragon II , Berzerk ,Lightning Fighters , Stratos Fighter , Sprint-4 , Salamander 2 , Space Firebird ,Gyrus , USAAF Mustang ,Outrunners , TX-1
      (ZX SPECTRUM) Impossamole , Turmoil , Gnasher , Zzoom , Robocop , Kosmic Kanga , Spy Hunter
      (MEGADRIVE) Street Of Rage 3 , Ultimate MK3 ,Ariel The Mermaid
      (COLECOVISION) Centipede , Cosmic Avenger
      (SHARP X68000) Phalanx , Final Fight , Star Force , Star Trader
      (WONDERSWAN) Battle Spirit Digimon Froniter , Buffers Evolution , Glocal Excite , Judgement Silversword , Makaimura
      (MSX) Super Perriot
      (ZX81) 3D Monster maze , Mazogs
      (DRAGON 32) Death Chase , Astro Blast , Berzerk
      (VIC 20) Ms,Pacman ,Cosmic Firebirds ,Weetabix Vs The Titches
      (SAM COUPE’) Escape From The Planet Of The Robot Monsters , Mr Pac , Prince Of Persia
      (NES) Ms.Pacman
      (ATARI 2600) E.T , Fathom
      (3DO) PO`ed
      (Master Sys) Ghost House
      (TRS80) Dungeon Of Rom

Insert Coin (Level 0) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Currently going through Yoshi's Wooly World with my girlfriend.

My buddy and I are planning to play some SNES tomorrow. Specifically:
    1. Final Fight 2
    2. Sunset Riders
    3. Zombies Ate My Neighbours

We may beat Final Fight 2, but that's about it.

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

NEO GEO : Legend Of Success Joe..

celerystalker is a poindexter celerystalker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Videogamerdaryll View Post
    NEO GEO : Legend Of Success Joe..
    You know, I know the internet says I'm supposed to make fun of that one, but I actually kinda like it. It's tough, but once I got a handle on the boxing, it started to get pretty fun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Quote Originally Posted by celerystalker View Post
    You know, I know the internet says I'm supposed to make fun of that one, but I actually kinda like it. It's tough, but once I got a handle on the boxing, it started to get pretty fun.
    I have to agree: I really enjoy it...It's a tough game that sucks you in..I had this game on original MVS cart years ago and I just could not get into it...Now on a multicart I'm giving it a second go and it's a whole new experience.....you have to get a handle on the boxing and learn other boxers moves..I keep trying to Kick lol..
    I made it past three boxers last night before -dinner called...I have to learn the 4th boxers moves as I keep getting my azz handed to me...

celerystalker is a poindexter celerystalker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Been playing lots of Black Tiger, Time Soldiers, and TMNT arcade games in the last week. Just some tried and true favorites while I haven't had a lot of free time. I also play each Game of the Day before I post it, but I've really been in an arcade-y mood lately. I usually do more RPGs and the like in the summer months when I take vacation weeks.

Also, finally tried out Rambo on PS3 last night. It's simple, but I liked it a lot both because it's Rambo and because it has a very arcade-like feel to it. Far from perfect, but way more fun than any reviews would let you believe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

PS4
    Street Fighter V

Xbox
    Snatcher

Original xbox,got from a friend few months ago it has coin-ops on it.I all ways wanted to play the sega-cd version of snatcher again since copies of it are so expensive now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I don't usually do these threads, but I've gone off the rails and while fairly modern (yet not, twice over) I'm trying something new and seeing if I like it -- Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition off of GoG for Windows. It's quite different than anything I've tried out before, it really is that old paper and pencil game brought to animated life. Around that got the Anno pack for 1701(liked it on DS) too and a large pile of other deals off their Insomnia sale as well. I'm going to try and dig more into PC gaming considering how most things Nintendo has gone, though I do have a new supply of all versions Gameboy games to meddle with too lately.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

PS2 Samurai Western..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Caesars Palace (Sega Genesis, 1993)

Steel Talons (Sega Genesis, 1992)

Many pilots dream of becoming a member of the elite Steel Talons the Air Force's equivalent to the Army's Green Berets and the Navy's Seals but only the best will get that chance. Now it's up to you prove your sky supremacy as you take to the air in the most advanced helicopter equipped with laser-guided missiles and a 30mm cannon. You'll be up against a wide variety of enemies, including tanks, choppers, missiles, jet fighters, and more as you try to earn your place in the Steel Talons. There are 14 combat missions to test your flying skills as well as your courage and intelligence, so come prepared and ready for the fight of your life.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    jdotaku

tron i'd love to replay snatcher as i;'ve not owned a copy for sega cd in like a decade it seems. is it pretty simple to get working on xbox? would you mind pm'ing me the info?

mario kart 7 while watching shows with the wife
    forza 6 on the xbox one
    rock band 4 with the wifey in our band

outrun, mario bros deluxe and mostly yoshi's new island on my 2ds

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by otaku View Post
    tron i'd love to replay snatcher as i;'ve not owned a copy for sega cd in like a decade it seems. is it pretty simple to get working on xbox? would you mind pm'ing me the info?
    The modded xbox i got from a friend he put coin-ops on it.It pretty much emulates allot of arcade and console games.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUADuldf2wQ

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Working on my Capcom playthrough, currently working through their arcade games released in '87. Today I finished Tiger Road and Bionic Commando (via the Capcom Classics Collections on the PS2). Tiger Road was a really nice surprise, never having played the game before I immediately took a shining to the game and ended up playing it through several times this morning. Its got a fairly decent difficulty curve (tough, but fair especially if you get the powerups from the training stages). That second boss though can be a little bastard with his one hit kill move!

Bionic Commando I felt was a game that could have been great but the enemy spawning/placement made the game unduely difficult at points - nothing worse than getting stuck below several enemies, mechs and those annoying flying jet enemies that drop bombs... Otherwise I loved the game. The bionic arm mechanic rocks and I love the sense of progression you get from one level to the next (it really does feel like your infiltrating the enemy base one level at a time... I still definitely prefer the NES version which fixed several issues I had with the game, and I just feel that the levels as a whole are tighter compared to the arcade game.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Gosh, it's been forever since I've posted in one of these topics. About time I rectify that.

Up until a few days ago, I had been focusing on clearing more routes in Norn9: Var Commons on Vita. I'm halfway through Heishi's right now, but then Ozmafia came out on PC and took my attention away from it. As far as I can tell, I'm still on the common route in Ozmafia, but I'm aiming to get on Caramia's route first. No particular reason why, just because he's the first character listed on the screen where you can pick who you want the heroine to hang out with. Plus I'm interested in finding out how the whole love triangle thing works for the Oz members. It's been good so far, but feels slightly less polished than the other otome visual novels I've played over the last year or so. I mean, it's kind of, sort of an indie game, so it makes sense. The biggest thing that stands out in that regard is that a fair chunk of the dialogue is unvoiced, which is a little jarring coming off of something like Norn9 where even the heroines are fully voiced.

Other than those, I've finally had the time to do some cleaning and testing of games I've had sitting around for months. I still have a few Secret Santa games I've yet to play, so I messed around in Vegas Dream on NES for a bit, mostly playing Blackjack. Then I pulled out some imports I had bought myself back in Fall. I played some Puyo Puyo~n Party and Doubutsu no Mori on N64. Well, more like I just wandered around in Doubutsu no Mori, haha. I've never played an Animal Crossing game before, so I have even less of a clue what I'm doing trying out one in Japanese. Then I played a little of Super Gussun Oyoyo and Mystic Ark on my SNES. But what's been a really special experience for me is that I've been playing something of a personal holy grail to me, the Chrono Trigger pre-release demo cart, which was only sent out to Japanese reviewers and retailers back in the day. By pure dumb luck, I stumbled across a copy a few months ago and actually managed to buy it at a decent price. So far I tried starting a new game and playing till Frog appears, which is the first cut-off point. The demo also has three built in files to see some other sections of the game. I then played through the first, which goes from the trial to fighting the Dragon Tank. I haven't seen too much that differs from the final release, though I admittedly haven't played through the game in many years, as dear as it is to me (but I did play it to death as a teenager, so I think I have most everything burned into my memory pretty well). From what I understand, the most striking differences are things you can't access through normal playing of the demo, but rather by hacking the ROM to walk through walls and such. But no matter, just owning this little piece of history alone is enough to make me very happy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
    Gosh, it's been forever since I've posted in one of these topics. About time I rectify that.

Up until a few days ago, I had been focusing on clearing more routes in Norn9: Var Commons on Vita. I'm halfway through Heishi's right now, but then Ozmafia came out on PC and took my attention away from it. As far as I can tell, I'm still on the common route in Ozmafia, but I'm aiming to get on Caramia's route first. No particular reason why, just because he's the first character listed on the screen where you can pick who you want the heroine to hang out with. Plus I'm interested in finding out how the whole love triangle thing works for the Oz members. It's been good so far, but feels slightly less polished than the other otome visual novels I've played over the last year or so. I mean, it's kind of, sort of an indie game, so it makes sense. The biggest thing that stands out in that regard is that a fair chunk of the dialogue is unvoiced, which is a little jarring coming off of something like Norn9 where even the heroines are fully voiced.

Other than those, I've finally had the time to do some cleaning and testing of games I've had sitting around for months. I still have a few Secret Santa games I've yet to play, so I messed around in Vegas Dream on NES for a bit, mostly playing Blackjack. Then I pulled out some imports I had bought myself back in Fall. I played some Puyo Puyo~n Party and Doubutsu no Mori on N64. Well, more like I just wandered around in Doubutsu no Mori, haha. I've never played an Animal Crossing game before, so I have even less of a clue what I'm doing trying out one in Japanese. Then I played a little of Super Gussun Oyoyo and Mystic Ark on my SNES. But what's been a really special experience for me is that I've been playing something of a personal holy grail to me, the Chrono Trigger pre-release demo cart, which was only sent out to Japanese reviewers and retailers back in the day. By pure dumb luck, I stumbled across a copy a few months ago and actually managed to buy it at a decent price. So far I tried starting a new game and playing till Frog appears, which is the first cut-off point. The demo also has three built in files to see some other sections of the game. I then played through the first, which goes from the trial to fighting the Dragon Tank. I haven't seen too much that differs from the final release, though I admittedly haven't played through the game in many years, as dear as it is to me (but I did play it to death as a teenager, so I think I have most everything burned into my memory pretty well). From what I understand, the most striking differences are things you can't access through normal playing of the demo, but rather by hacking the ROM to walk through walls and such. But no matter, just owning this little piece of history alone is enough to make me very happy.
    Thank you for posting..
    ...I really enjoy reading what others are playing and it often leads me to new games I'd like to try myself..

I just got a stack of used Dreamcast games ,a few were polished and didn't work for the seller but work for me Yay..

also testing out a SNES Battle Clash game also stated to not be working..

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've been playing Little Samson (on an NES flashcart) for the last two days and I finally finished it about an hour ago! (For the first time)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Stunt Race FX (Super Nintendo, 1994)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Space Griffon VF-9 Sony PlayStation 1

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Videogamerdaryll View Post
    Thank you for posting..
    ...I really enjoy reading what others are playing and it often leads me to new games I'd like to try myself..
    Thanks! I enjoy reading about what everybody else is playing too. I just gotta get myself to remember to check and post in this topic like I used to, haha.

I'm still trudging along in Ozmafia on PC. I completed Caramia and Axel's routes, but I didn't get the best ending in either. Then I did Scarlet's route two times over, getting the better ending the second time. I just finished Pashet's route, but I didn't get her best ending either, so I'm midway through another playthrough. I'm getting the impression that it's impossible to get the best ending the first time through a route, but I dunno, maybe that's just how my luck has gone. I do know that you get extra scenes when doing a route the second time over, so it does seem like you're intended to do each route at least twice, so getting the best ending off the bat would be counterintuitive to that. I really had to drag myself through Pashet's route once I got to the point where you'd normally get a love confession on other routes. It felt like a big cop-out and killed my motivation to see what the rest of the route had to offer. Though there was a hilarious bit of dialogue after the credits that ALMOST made it worth it. For the second time through, I'm just skipping everything I already read of course, but hopefully the extra scenes will be amusing and the better ending will keep my interest because I just want to finish with Pashet and move on to a different character.

Other than that, I've been playing Adventures of Mana on Vita, which Square Enix quietly released just the other day. I'm not that crazy about buying games digitally, especially on Vita, since I have a small memory card, but it's small, priced fairly, and I couldn't resist a chance to finally play the first Mana. Unlike Sword of Mana, Adventures of Mana is a very faithful remake of Final Fantasy Adventure, or so I've heard at least. Basically the same game but in 3D. I'd still like to play the original Game Boy version someday, and Sword of Mana too, for that matter, but I've been having fun with it. And I just did the "palm trees and 8" part that infuriated gamers back in the day, haha. I remember reading about that multiple times over in Nintendo Power, and it's funny that their coverage is finally proving useful to me all these years later with a brand new version of the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Quote Originally Posted by XYXZYZ View Post
    I've been playing Little Samson (on an NES flashcart) for the last two days and I finally finished it about an hour ago! (For the first time)
    How did you like it?