Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: What Game/s are you Playing? Daily/whenever check :) 2016 (GAMEPLAY)

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FieryReign View Post
    It ain't bad, it's a zelda-like. Depressing and somber tone to it. Some of that old school "where the fuck do I go next" stuff in it.
    Scratch that. Fuck this game. Difficulty just gets cheaply insane out of nowhere. Moving on.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Got busy for a couple weeks there and didn't play anything, but now I'm back to the two games I was juggling before. In Ozmafia on PC, I only have one currently available route that I've yet to play through to the end (there's a secret route I've yet to unlock), so instead of starting that one (which is Kyrie's), I decided to go back to the very first route I did, Caramia's. I was just going through, picking the options I didn't go with the first time and reading the extra scenes, but when I got to the confession scene, I had Fuka say "I'm sorry..." instead of reciprocating. I figured the writing would still bring the scene around to the same point and continue on as I experienced before, except with "I'm sorry..." not helping in getting the better ending, of course, but instead, this dark, sad music came on, and I was like "oh shit, am I gonna get a bad end right here?" haha. That didn't happen either, but now I have no idea what's going on in the route. The story continued and now I'm getting nothing but text I've never read before, including dialogue options where I've never picked either choice. I still don't fully understand the route switch mechanic for the Oz routes, but I didn't think I was up to that portion yet anyway. I know I'm not on Axel's route, so could I have possibly been switched to Kyrie's? It doesn't really seem like it, and I hope that's not the case because I wanted to put his off for now. Maybe there's a route where you don't end up with anyone? Well, I'll just have to keep playing and see where this goes.

As for Corpse Party on my Vita, this games has really gotta chill out with the ridiculously long cutscenes with no opportunity to save and quit. The choice at the beginning of Chapter 5 didn't diverge as much as I thought, so I continued along. But I was only in control of the action for a short while before I got sucked into a cutscene sequence that switched the perspective from character to character for literally an hour and a half. I mean, yeah, you can skip through the text quickly if you want, and I know I'm not the fastest reader (one of the downsides of being a proofreader), but still. Now I'm at a part where I can freely change between characters, which is interesting, but I'll have to revisit my save before the long cutscene to try something I didn't do before.

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Testing out some SMS games..

Black Belt (Sega Master SMS, 1986)

After Burner (Sega Master, 1988)

Rambo III (Sega Master, 1988)

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Been juggling several PS4 games over the Xmas period since I had a nice long stretch of time off to focus on my backlog. Spent half my time playing the excellent Yakuza 6. As with the rest of the series it keeps getting better the further I get in the game, some awesome fights take place in chapter 5 and the story is moving along nicely now. Can't wait to get back to it.

Finally finished Shantae Risky's Revenge. Its been half finished for so long so I finally sat down and finished it. Loved the final boss, ended up doing a second run on it at a much faster pace while purposely not collecting any of the heart upgrades. Only have the speed run related trophies to get now if I can be bothered.

Once again I replayed Shovel Knight. LOVE IT! Its pretty much the perfect spiritual successor to Mega Man. I love pretty much everything about it - from the aesthetics, the soundtrack and the perfect gameplay and awesome level design. Lots of excellent bosses to be defeated as well.

Another replay - this time its Hotline Miami. I had the urge to replay this (on my PS4 this time, I played it on my Vita last time). Still loved it. Amazing soundtrack, insanely addictive especially when going after all the A+ ranks and plenty of content to get stuck into (extra levels, alternate endings etc.) I need to replay the sequel now to see if I can finally beat hard mode and get all the A+ ranks.

Lastly I also played an indie game called "Not a Hero". It reminds me of Hotline Miami a lot, only that its a side scrolling action game and not top down. You are given 4 missions to clear on each level (one main challenge, 3 optional) and from there its up to you to shoot, stab and slide through levels. Its incredibly fast paced, some excellent level design and some satisfying action depending on the character you use. Gets a bit annoying on the last couple of levels when aiming for the best ranks but nothing too difficult.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I often play old games like Tetris or Mario . I like such small games. They are funny and not boring. +very addictive
    Last edited by Muntic0re; 08-23-2017 at 07:41 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Wii-U
    Shantae Half Genie Hero

Retro Freak
    Panorama Cotton

I was playing some bloodborne for the old hunters dlc but i platinum it so now it's a completed game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Nice..

I've been playing Goonies on a lil NES game multigame handheld ,I need to find this game on a repro NES cart format or Famicom.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Last game of the year for me.

Neo Geo MVS World Heroes 2
    I will start a new thread for 2017

Pretzel (Level 4) Orion Pimpdaddy's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Just beat Shenmue for the first time ever today. It's a great game to play during the winter since a large portion of the game takes place during winter.

I've been popping in Thunder Force III on the Genesis. It's aged very well, and doesn't take that long to play. I can almost beat it; just have to memorize more patterns.

Also, I've been playing Killzone Shadow Fall for the PS4. The online multiplayer has a community of diehard, older gamers like me. When you get good at a FPS shooter, it's hard to quit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

(ARCADE) - The Simpsons , SFII-World Warrior , Moon Alien , D&D Shadows Of Mysteria , Frenzy , UniWars S
    (MEGADRIVE) - Gods , PGA II , Ball Jacks
    (VIC-20) - Gorf
    (ZX Spec) Jetpac
    (Atari VCS) Kangaroo
    (C64) Bounder , Wizball