Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: What Game/s are you Playing? Daily/whenever check :) 2016 (GAMEPLAY)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

PS4
    Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Several Dreamcast games..I need to build my collection of DC games up again..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12039541_168555520150950_881828025068536184_n.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	48.9 KB 
ID:	8297  

Saturn was my youth Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Aero Blasters (エアロブラスターズ)
    Groove on Fight (豪血寺一族 3)
    Paranoia (パラノイア)
    PCエンジン ■ セガサターン ■ シーディーロム² ■ プレイステーション ■ ドリームキャスト

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    jdotaku

Just got a 2ds and played through mario kart 7 and also playing it online a good deal these days
    Loads of other games I want to get to on it. Play on my lunch breaks

Received a Nexus 7 tablet from work that I intend to do some gaming on soon as well

Press Select to Start Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Everybody's Golf 2 for PSX - one of my favorite golf games, but not as good as Neo Turf Masters in my opinion. Also I was playing some Chack n Pop for Famicom recently, forgot what a soft spot that game has in my heart!!

Oh, and MGS 5 Phantom Pain on PS3!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Now that I have no reason to wait as I got my modded GBA done I've been pulling out various stuff I've picked up including new finds from this last weekend too. Yesterday I cleared Jimmy #2 on Wario Ware and took down the first boos of Duke Nukem Advance. Yet, during the week I also did a couple stages of FF Tactics, a few battles in Puyo Pop, played that 3D platformer Asterix & Obelix XXL I imported, and cleared the first set of courses on Top Gear Rally Advance too. It's nice being able to sit at the desk here or in my new comfy chair and just go at it. I've got an old library (2 drawer) index card holder I've repurposed for Gameboy stuff. Left drawer is 2 rows of GB and GBC games in A-Z, and right side is Advance in 2 rows too. Easy access and lots of choices.

Also at the start of the week used an A/V to phones cable I had, plugged my new Sega Genesis Ultimate Portable in and did a bit of E-Swat, couple stages on Sonic, and a few fights in MK1 with SubZero too.

FPGA arm-based system Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

A few days ago I started playing Final Fantasy for NES, doing a solo white mage quest.
    Not really as hard as I expected, although I did alot more leveling up than really necessary.
    Just obatined the floater and airship. Took about 10 tries to get through the Ice Cave.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Ace_McCannon

Lately my daily game has been Mario Maker. Fun making levels, fun to play other peoples levels. I can play for a bit if I only have half an hour or so, or I can hunker down and play for a couple hours.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Ended up going back to Torchlight II. Game is just all kinds of good and the mods built around the base game makes it even better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Playing :Pen Pen TriIcelon

Developer(s) General Entertainment
    Publisher(s) Infogrames
    Platform(s) Dreamcast
    Release date(s) JP November 27, 1998
    NA September 9, 1999
    EU October 14, 1999
    AUS December 3, 1999

Genre(s) Racing
    Mode(s) Single player, multiplayer

Pen Pen TriIcelon (ペンペントライアイスロン?), known simply as Pen Pen in Europe, is a video game created by one of the first Japanese companies to reveal Dreamcast development, General Entertainment, otherwise known as LAND HO!.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm still finishing up Batman: Arkham Knight and occasionally play SMITE when my one friend insist I play with her.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Fiddling around with simple free games on Steam for achievements. Been eyeing that copy of Dragon Age II that's been on my shelve for two years, but starting a new, long game like that is such a chore.

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Ut pre alpha and ms pacman on 2600

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Halo 5, Halo 5 and more Halo 5. I wish this week wasn't so busy at work so I could play even more.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Qbert (Nintendo Entertainment System, 1989)

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Finished Mass Effect 3 recently and started the first Crysis. Pretty hard to transition from the FPS/pausable battle system of ME to the full FPS, but I'm getting there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Quote Originally Posted by Cornelius View Post
    Finished Mass Effect 3 recently and started the first Crysis. Pretty hard to transition from the FPS/pausable battle system of ME to the full FPS, but I'm getting there.
    Ah ha...I did that sequence in games also..I was instantly frustrated...I had to ease into it..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Messing with another NEO GEO multicart..

https://youtu.be/uSmBs4AAPhw

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

PS4
    Pinball Arcade

Wii-U
    Freedom Planet

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

So I haven't posted in this thread, here's what I've played throughout the year off the top of my head.

Brigandine The Legend of Forsena. I never tire of this amazing game.
    Super Smash Bros Wii U. I used to suck at fighters, which is why I really liked Super Smash Bros. Because my favorite genres are mostly unavailable this gen I had to get into different genres, and with the release of Street Fighter 4 I actually got good(intermediate) at fighters and played a lot of Playstation All Stars later(high level play, but not as good as a lot of the pro level people who are still playing.) After playing Super Smash Bros, I see just how bad it is as a fighting game. Moves like your B attacks for most characters are almost useless except either getting back on the ledge or in very specific situations. Use them against a good player outside of those specific situations, and you just gained a good % of damage.
    Splatoon. It'd be better if playing with randoms you didn't get stuck with bad players every single match. When I played I was usually at the top for my team win or lose. Nintendo then patched it so you couldn't see how many points everyone made so you couldn't see how bad your teammates did and how good you did in comparison, but you could still see the rank you received. Playing with friends, 90% of the time they'd be on the opposite team, that's great. I haven't played it since they created where you can play with friends in a private match, but it seems like they removed the option to play with friends and randoms, it's either only play with friends now or only play with randoms. How many back steps are you going to take on this game Nintendo? This is the same with Super Smash Bros. Only play with friends or only play with randoms.
    NES Remix... or how to play NES games(sold.)
    The Last of Us. Finished on the hardest difficulty, might as well go for the platinum. Good game, but overrated.
    Dead or Alive 5 Last Round. Don't know why I keep buying into this franchise.
    DmC Devil May Cry Definitive Edition. I don't buy DLC so I never played Vergil's Downfall until now, but really awesome DLC that's worth the purchase of the upgrade along with all the other extras. Vergil plays completely different from Dante. I've put 20 hours each into both DmC Devil May Cry and Vergil's Downfall, mostly Bloody Palace. In my opinion this game is slightly better than DMC3, but because of all the hate based on it being a reboot because of the different character design, we'll never get a new game .
    Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition. I had the install data deleted from my PS4 and it takes about two hours for the game to install so I didn't play it before getting the PS4 version. If I played it prior to purchasing the PS4 version, I never would have made that purchase. Being able to play as Lady, Vergil, Trish, Nero, and Dante is a cool feature, five characters in one game, and they all play well, the content of the game itself is a bit mediocre.
    Lords of Shadow Mirror of Fate. I got a New 3DS and since this game has the best implementation of the 3D feature by far, as well as being a great game(yet another underappreciated game) I played it again with the New 3DS. I've already played through the entire game with the 3D on with the regular 3DS atleast twice, this was more of a test of the New 3DS head tracking and if you like the 3D in games, then I'd highly recommend picking one up, even though Nintendo is working on releasing their next portable and the New 3DS will have no support the moment it drops(even though it's getting no support now other than playing 3DS games.)
    Puzzle and Dragons Super Mario Edition. It's good at first, then gets really really repetitive.
    Legend of Legacy. I'm a SaGa fan so I preordered this, and the gameplay within battles is really good, graphics are great, and I love the character designs. The area maps in the game are the real issue, and while they get better as you progress through the game, the first area maps you go through might as well be the same maps with different layouts. It feels as if the game lacks progression as it was hours and hours before my first weapons and armor upgrade other than a weapon drop that I received. It's not a bad game exactly, but it's not exactly good either. It's definitely got good qualities as the battle system works well. If you're into SaGa gameplay with a bit of strategy involved during harder battles then it is worth it for the combat and in that sense you'll find something to enjoy, but if you're not a SaGa fan, if you don't like SaGa, then you'll find no enjoyment in this game outside of the graphics and character designs.
    Rogue Legacy. Good game. It does tend to overstay its welcome the more you play it as you start seeing similar procedurally generated maps that are very similar or the same to others you've seen, but the game is basically doing as well as you can each time you go into the castle, then leveling your character so you can progress further without dying.
    Xeodrifter. It's an okay Metroid clone. The fact that you fight only one boss over and over is a bit annoying, but it's a great boss battle when you get all of your abilities and fight it at the end. It's pretty short so it can be completed in a day or two.
    Spelunky. I've never beaten this, always start at the beginning whenever I play and I've only gotten to the fourth area. Despite never beating the game and as hard as it is, this is one of the best platformers I've played in a long time.
    Metal Gear Solid The Phantom Pain. Incredibly overrated game. It's a good game, but it just has so much filler. Sooooo much filler. So much that many of the main missions are just like many of the side ops missions, go here, rescue these people, for what, just because we're getting paid to do it, and apparently we just happen to trip over something that moves the story along. This game overstays its welcome long before the end, and then after it overstays its welcome, you play another 20 hours and you still haven't finished the game.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 11-08-2015 at 06:51 PM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.