Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: What Game/s are you Playing? Daily/whenever check :) 2016 (GAMEPLAY)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just started Gears Of War: Ultiamte Edition although I really played it to get my first play through in before the end of December 31st so that I could get free copies of Gears 1, 2, 3 and Judgement.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Been playing last of us, ps4, I have several wiiu games I want to play, but I just can't use the gamepad , I just find it too uncomfortable.
    Can't wait to get home from korea on the 15th. Going to play bubble bobble on the nes, raiden on the jag, and kof 96 on the neo geo with my brothers.
    And probably smash bros.

Master Farmer Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    TheBlueCup

Started a new file on the original Harvest Moon on the SNES this morning with the intent of capturing the entire game.

Quote Originally Posted by JSoup View Post
    Working on finishing off the last few death mode stages in Sound Shapes, then off to something else.

Blu-Cup, that is a sig image I can truly appreciate.
    Aww yeah, you a fan of Harvest Moon as well?

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blu-Cup View Post
    Aww yeah, you a fan of Harvest Moon as well?
    Oh yes, and the original is one of my favorite SNES games.

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

I hooked up my found at flea market modded (original type) xbox to my LCD TV..using a component adapter that plugs into the xbox AV port/component wires to TV..
    It's still blurry..

Trying to find a way to make the original xbox look better on a 42 inch LCD tv..

The console has a lot of arcade titles on it ...I came to realize that using a wireless gamepad to play these games is NO FUN..

I have wired arcade sticks but wires=kids tripping over them..

Do they make a Wireless arcade stick for the original xbox console..?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12466030_212187035787798_7187828929945335260_o.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	116.4 KB 
ID:	8412  

Insert Coin (Level 0) Flamzeron's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Flamzeron
    PSN
    Flamzeron
    Steam
    Flamzeron

Been playing Dragon Quest Heroes on my PS4 lately. I've been enjoying it. I find Terry to be a bit of an asshole, but he can be funny at times too. Also playing Papers, Please on Steam.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

God of War: Ghost of Sparta on the pstv. Looks god-awful on this thing. A pixelated jaggy mess. Still a very good game though.

Sony really treated the Vita and pstv like a bunch of amateurs. The whitelist hack proved Sony doesn't care and/or are just lazy. Why can't I play Drac-X on the pstv but I can on the Vita? Vice-versa with certain other games? Everyone involved should be sent to the unemployment line.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yesterday I played through Super Castlevania, absolutely love it.

I'm currently wondering what to play next, and am thinking that I'm going to go with Super Metroid.
    Last edited by Olly; 01-22-2017 at 04:36 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FieryReign View Post
    God of War: Ghost of Sparta on the pstv. Looks god-awful on this thing. A pixelated jaggy mess. Still a very good game though.

Sony really treated the Vita and pstv like a bunch of amateurs. The whitelist hack proved Sony doesn't care and/or are just lazy. Why can't I play Drac-X on the pstv but I can on the Vita? Vice-versa with certain other games? Everyone involved should be sent to the unemployment line.
    I'd put it at lazy completely. Even some games that maybe shouldn't have been exactly whitelisted due to the PS3 controller (they even packed in as a bundle) with a PS4 controller such games with the touch sensor are doable like Uncharted that needed it. They just didn't care nor want to lift a damn finger for a lot of games, even some that didn't even need a PS4 controller to pull stuff off which is why I do not own one and would buy a Vita again before I did.

As this is a games playing...lately like once a week I poke away for an hour or two original Quake thanks to that GoG deal a month ago or so. And I did put like 4 hours on Uncharted 1 (PS4) like 5 days ago, need to do it again but I get distracted bad with games these days. Today I got TRIP WORLD in the mail for Gameboy, damn fun little game, gets a little challenging in spots on World 3(of 5) but I do like it and it's a real eye/ear treat given it was made for old GB. Got fed up with it, then threw in another JP import - Samurai Spirits 3 and used my favorite of the game Shizumaru and racked up like 7-8 kills despite having some horrible trouble pulling off moves(d-pad not picking it up on my GBC no idea why.) Just put that down and ended up here.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I've been playing Dark Souls 2 Scholar's of the First Sin. The vanilla version released the same year as the next gen consoles and it was also rumored that it would receive a remastered release, so I held off on purchasing it. I purchased it this black friday for $16 and have really been enjoying it.

Dark Souls 2 is slightly slower than Demon's Souls and Dark Souls, it's not very prevailant, but there's problems with hit detection as I've seen arrows go through the edge of a wall, arrows hit mid air(a foot away from a wall,) and attacking, dodging, and blocking, what you see visually is not what is actually going to happen. There's like an integrated delay in the system is what I can think, because you are somewhere a second away from fully bringing up your shield or being out of attack range, but because you just got out of that range within that delay area, or your shield was pulled up before it hit you, you still take damage like you were there or your shield isn't up. It's really weird. It doesn't happen to often, but when it happens it's bs.

One thing I've heard that people don't like about the game and I have no problem with it is that the world feels like a bunch of areas just placed together, but they don't feel like they belong together. Example is one area you're in is a clear forest area, only for you to go through an underpass that takes 30 seconds to walk through to the other side, only for you to be in a mountainous area that's raining. and that area leads up to a castle in which it's no longer raining.

What I do like about Dark Souls 2 better than the others is the amount of content that's within the game. Dark Souls 2 has overall more options with more weapons, armor, consumables, and spells than any other game in the series, with all the weapons having a full set of attacks unlike the original Dark Souls with too many weapons having an incomplete moveset. The amount of areas, even if they don't seem to connect together, give so many different areas to explore, making what imo is by far the biggest game in the series. In terms of combat it's a bit worse than Demon's and Dark Souls, not as bad as Dark Souls when it comes to cheap deaths and not quite as balanced as Demon's Souls or Bloodborne, but the entire package makes this game just as enjoyable and in some ways even more enjoyable than the others.

I'm also getting Bloodborne the Old Hunters and will be playing that content next. I've played vanilla Bloodborne and despite not having as much content as any of the others in terms of exploration and overall content, my biggest disappointment about the game, vanilla Bloodborne has 18 unique weapons that are almost completely different from one another. In terms of combat, there's no game in the series that's as good as Bloodborne. The Old Hunters adds 11 more trick weapons making a total of 29 unique weapons in the game, not including guns and tools. So while it does lack the locations of every other game in the series, gameplay is better.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    laughing robot
    PSN
    second-monkey
    3DS Friend
    0087-3717-4240

Pulled out my Genesis today. It has been a while because I have been using my Retron 3.
    Ain’t nothin like the real thang.

Spent time with,
    Gunstar Heroes
    Panorama Cotton (Got a reproduction cart last week. Had to play it on the original. Know whut I mean?)
    Contra Hard Corps
    Vapor Trail
    Bio Hazard Battle
    Streets of Rage 3

Spent the day mostly reliving these moments. Crawled out thinkin it was the 90s again.

celerystalker is a poindexter celerystalker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Played through Zelda II twice tonight for kicks, though it's one I've beaten dozens of times. Still holds up well, as the game has ridiculously good control. A buddy was trying to talk me into making a run without taking a single hit, but I don't think I can do that. I gave hime one life, but I'm not trying something so stupid as no damage.

Played through Time Soldiers on the cabinet in the morning, too. Finished on one credit as well, with a pretty decent score at 1,684,400. Definitely an all-time favorite arcade game for me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Several Genesis games,Cool to see my 8 year Son putting time into these games having fun...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Default Sega Smash Pack Dreamcast

The Revenge of Shinobi...love the music level 1

Sonic the Hedgehog
    Streets of Rage 2

celerystalker is a poindexter celerystalker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

I switched my Ninja Baseball Bat Man pcb to 2 player mode and put it in my one slot Neo Geo cabinet for awhile yesterday. Got to the end of the 4th level on one credit, which is probably about as good as I've done, having only played it a little. The fun part was afterward when my wife came downstairs and decided to try it, and really enjoyed it. That was fun.

Beyond that I've kinda been between games. Thinking of playing through Final Fantasy III (VI) on my SNES. It's been a couple of years, and it always felt like a winter game to me... probably because of Narshe.

Edit: Daryll, I ran Sengoku 3 for awhile last week on my multicart. No issue after letting it go for about three hours. I remembered you were looking into that, so I let it run during some Time Soldiers plays.
    Last edited by celerystalker; 01-18-2016 at 12:33 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Quote Originally Posted by celerystalker View Post
    I switched my Ninja Baseball Bat Man pcb to 2 player mode and put it in my one slot Neo Geo cabinet for awhile yesterday. Got to the end of the 4th level on one credit, which is probably about as good as I've done, having only played it a little. The fun part was afterward when my wife came downstairs and decided to try it, and really enjoyed it. That was fun.

Beyond that I've kinda been between games. Thinking of playing through Final Fantasy III (VI) on my SNES. It's been a couple of years, and it always felt like a winter game to me... probably because of Narshe.

Edit: Daryll, I ran Sengoku 3 for awhile last week on my multicart. No issue after letting it go for about three hours. I remembered you were looking into that, so I let it run during some Time Soldiers plays.
    Thank you for doing that.. ...Reminds me I have to see what it does in my other MVS cabinet with standard USA Bios chip..I have a 161 in teo machines but the candy cabs 4 slot has an old uni bios chip that I think may cause issues with the cart..

Isn't it great when the wife enjoys a game ..I enjoy seeing her play more then playing myself..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Playing Original Nintendo Game Boy -TETRIS .....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Quote Originally Posted by celerystalker View Post

Seems to be just something with my 161 cart or the old unibios chip in my 4 slot..
    Yesterday I let the candy cabinet run,..I selected the first game in the line up I think it's SVC ,the cab cycled through for 20 minutes then locked up at the Neo Geo Splash screen...To get out of that I soft reset the system using the uni bios chip instead of turning the machine off...The cabinet did not lock up again after soft reset....I may try removing the three other carts in the mobo to see if the 161 locks up on it's own..I don't expect to much from these 161s hoping a cart comes out with all the neo games on it.

So far no issues with the 161 in 4 slot with USA standard bios ,plus 3 other carts in the mobo too..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

P.T.O. Pacific Theater of Operations (Sega Genesis, 1993)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (2DS in my case) - Really enjoying this game. I never cared for Ocarina of Time for whatever reason but I think I would have really liked this one if I played it years ago. I find the focus on the events surrounding a small community of people... I don't know, really like old school? Like something out of a SNES era RPG. Having a lot of fun with it.