One thing that is pretty weird about me from a retrogaming standpoint is that I don't really care to play Atari 2600 or Atari 800XL games, even though these were the games I was playing from the age of 7 years old to 14 years old. You'd think I'd have the most nostalgic feelings about those particular games, over anything else.

At one point, I had an Atari 2600 and got the S-Video mod and everything, and really tried to get into the 2600, but for some reason, I just can't seem to get into it. I played all those Atari 2600 games as a kid. Asteroids, Air-Sea Battle, Combat, Outlaw, Indy 500, Adventure, etc, etc.

I played a number of different games on the Atari 800XL as well. I especially remember Blue Max. Also a war strategy game called "Eastern Front" or something like that. I definitely have fond memories of all that stuff, but don't really care to play it.

The oldest systems I really like playing are TG-16 and Sega Genesis (1989). Even though I was 18 or 19 years old when the TG-16 and Genesis first arrived, for whatever reason, that seems to be my most nostalgic period of time. Doesn't really make sense to have your most nostalgic era from when I was 18 to like 24 years old. You would think it would have been more of my childhood. I guess it's mainly cause the games are just so simple, and kinda prehistoric, compared to games now, but for whatever reason, I can really get into 16-bit.