Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    cloneholt
    PSN
    cloneholt

Default February 2015 Finds

Really? February 4th and no monthly thread? Okay, I'll start one - haven't done that in a couple of years

Stopped by a couple of shops yesterday and found some goodies:

Half Price Books #1:
    - Yourself Fitness (Xbox) - complete $1
    - Media Manager 2.5 (PSP) - complete $1
    - Conflict: Global Terror (Xbox) - missing manual $2
    - Kim Possible 3 (GBA) - complete in box $1
    - Rugrats Castle Caper (GBA) - complete in box $1
    - Kids Cards (GBA) - complete in box $1
    - Chicken Little (GBA) - complete in box $1

Half Price Books #2:
    - Superman: The Man of Steel (Xbox) - $4
    - Tenchu (Xbox) - $4

Getting up close to 700 original Xbox games now, so finding them in the wild has become very rare. To find 3 in the wild that I needed, complete (minus Conflict manual - lmk if you have one ) is almost unheard of these days!

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

From the pawn shop

True Blood Season 6 Blu-Ray Set - 20
    True Blood Season 7 Blu-Ray Set - 15
    Last Samurai Blu-Ray - Free (B2G1, woot)

So now I have the complete True Blood series. Yay.

Also found Lego Marvel Superheroes for the WiiU for 15.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    cloneholt
    PSN
    cloneholt

Two finds in 2 days! Very rare for me. Anyway, went to Fry's on the way to work to pick up some cables and a graphics card for a PC and found:

Call of Duty: Ghosts - Prestige Edition (PS3) - brand new and sealed $29.99

I already played through the PS4 version of the game and I liked it very much, but for $30 it comes with some great fun items!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's been awhile but these are my most recent finds from the last few weeks:

360 Play and Charge Kit(360)
    Call of Duty Ghost(PS4)
    Watchdogs(XBO)
    3DS Stylus x2
    3DS Cart Cases x2
    Super Mario 3D Land(3DS)

These were all from Sears as they continue to clearance out all their video game merchandise again(they did this a few years ago before starting to carry games again). The P&C kit was $5, both COD: Ghost and Watchdogs were $10, Super Mario 3D Land was $15 and the sylus and cart cases were 49 cents each. Alot of their deals were appearing on their website but there was no option to have them shipped so I basically had to go to the three Sears closest to me to find these items. Unfortunately I didn't find an Xbox One version of Titanfall because that was also clearanced to $10 but while looking for it I found Watchdogs and COD: Ghost.

Bit.Trip Complete(Wii)
    Getaway dvd
    Kirby's Epic Yarn(Wii)
    Resident Evil 5(360)
    Bioshock 2(360)
    Bioshock Infinite(360)
    Mario Party 8(Wii)
    The Avengers bluray/dvd combo
    Tempest(PC)

These were all from various Goodwill's. The two dvds(including The Avengers combo) were $2 each and all the console games were $4 each. The PC game was $8 and I really only picked it up because it was a sealed Korean version that I thought might be worth alittle money.... but I was wrong as it appears to be pretty worthless. But I have yet to play Resident Evil 5 or Bioshock Infinite so both of them were nice finds to run across.

Doom 3(Xbox)
    Hitman Absolution(360)
    Saints Row IV(360)
    Uncharted 3: GOTY Edition(PS3)
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut(360)
    The Darkness II(360)
    MiCoach(360)
    WWE 13(360)
    Son of Batman bluray/dvd combo

These were some of my Black Friday finds but since I haven't been around lately I figured I'd throw them in here too. Doom 3, Hitman Absolution, Saints Row IV and Uncharted 3 were all from Target for $10 each. They were in one of those bins where everything inside was $10. The rest was from Best Buy. Deus Ex:HR was $8, The Darkness II was $4, MiCoach was $8.80. WWE 13 was $10.40 and Son of Batman was $5. And if you are a Batman fan and haven't seen Son of Batman yet I'd recommend it because it's pretty good, although I am partial to Deathstroke and Ras al Ghoul.

Phantasy Star Online: Episode 1 and 2(GC)
    Tales of Symphonia(GC)
    Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2(360)
    The Spectacular Spider-Man Vol. 8 dvd
    Chronicle dvd
    Ninja Assassin dvd
    YourShape Fitness Evolved 2013(Wii U) sealed
    Mass Effect 3: Special Edition(Wii U) sealed
    Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare(XBO)

These were all more Goodwill finds from various location. As usual the dvds were $2. I find it much easier to part with $2 for a dvd or bluray than I did when they were $4 each. PSO and Naruto: UNS 2 were $4 each. Tales From Symphonia was $5. For some reason they had all their Gamecube games priced differently between $3 and $5 each. YourShape was $2.49 and because they couldn't read the price on Mass Effect 3 they made it $2 but because it was purchased during their midnight madness sale where everything in the store was 50% off it only cost me $1. I made a note of them still being sealed because the vast majority of Wii U games I've found at Goodwill have all been factory sealed. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare was $24.99, which is cheaper than the other Xbox One copy they had for $34.99 and the Xbox 360 copy they had for $49.99. Ironically those copies still sold by the time I had returned to those two locations.

Everybody Cosplay book
    True Blood season 7 dvd sealed
    Spy Hunter(3DS)
    Need For Speed: The Run(3DS)
    Brain Age(DS) sealed

Spy Hunter and Need For Speed were craigs list finds that I picked up earlier today. They were both $5 each. True Blood season 7 was from Target. Even though it's the newest season they are selling it for $10 this week, which is the price you'd pay for it there and everywhere else during black friday. Meanwhile all the older season are selling between $20-$40 each. The Cosplay book and Brain Age were from another Goodwill. The book was $1.50 and Brain Age was $3. Some Goodwill's sell handheld games for $3 while others sell any game for $4 unless marked higher.

Battlefield 4(360)
    Call of Duty: ghost(XBO)
    Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z(360)
    Ni No Kuni(PS3)
    Sunset Overdrive drink holders x2

I got those Sunset Overdrive drink holders from Best Buy. They were clearancing them out for 80 cents each(or $1 if you aren't a Gamer's Club Unlocked member). They also have a Sunset Overdrive Hat thats currently $3. I might pick it up if it drops alittle lower. Yaiba was also from Best Buy for $4. Battlefield 4 and Call of Duty: Ghost were both from Toys R Us. Apparently I chose the right day to go there because they were both $10 each. They had one of those non-advertised sales where certain games were marked down. And Ni No Kuni was $5.06. It was marked as an online item so I'm guessing someone ordered it online and then returned it to the store.

Play and Charge Kit(XBO)
    Kinect Sensor(XBO) x2

Now on to my last find and this one was interesting to say the least. That can only mean one thing: story time. First, the Play and Charge Kit was $12.99, basically half of what it sells for in stores. It was a Target return, as were the two Kinect cameras and all of these were from Goodwill. The first Kinect was $69.99, less than half of what they sell for in retail stores($150). Before I bought it I asked the cashier if it was going to work and she told me that it was from Target so it should work but if it didn't I had 48 hours to return it because it's considered electronics. So the next day I tried it out and it didn't work. I used the troubleshooting guide that came with it and the one on Xbox.com but I still couldn't get it to work. But before I took it back I decided to call Xbox customer service. The rep had me run thu some more troubleshooting but we couldn't get it to work. Then he asked me where I bought it and I told him I got it from Goodwill as a Target return that was donated there. I thought he was going to laugh in my ear and hang up the phone on me but instead he asked for the serial number. Once I gave it to him he told me that the Kinect camera was still under warranty but that I had to register it online. I was already on their website so I registered it and he told me that because I registered it and it was still under warranty they would repair it for free. And yes this included free shipping because he emailed me a pre-paid shipping label that I printed out online and dropped it off at Fedex the next day.

Three days later I walk back into the same Goodwill where I found the first Kinect and they had another one, only this time it was marked for $24.99, much cheaper than the first one I bought. I didn't hesitate to grab this one because I knew I could return it or have it fixed if it didn't work. Still, I wonder if I should have just not picked up the first one. However, I have a feeling that if the first one hadn't been sold by the time the second one got there they would have never marked the second one down to $24.99. It most likely would have been marked closer to $70 but still cheaper. As for the second Kinect, it also didn't work. But I already sent it in for repair. I've received the first one back from Microsoft and it works great. I was a bit surprised both of them didn't work because I originally got my 360 Kinect camera at Goodwill as a Target return way back in 2011 a few months after it originally came out and I still use that today for my workouts.

Both Kinects came with codes for Dance Central Spotlight, one of the codes had been opened and one was still closed. I tried the code that had been opened and it still downloaded the game. So I now have another unopened unused code that I'll sell or trade with the other Kinect when it's returned to me. That was pretty cool of Microsoft to fix both of them for free despite the fact that I didn't buy them first hand and I didn't even have to show them a copy of the receipt. I don't think that many companies would be that generous. But if I see another one I will most likely pass on it unless it's super cheap like the $24.99 one.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

loves the Game Gear too much. recorderdude's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

For all the eBay hunters...there are still bounties to be found!

After shipping, this entire lot totaled $50.

Genesis 1 (Not HDGFX) working w/hookups and a 6button+3button controllers

(All games loose)

Simpsons Bart Vs the Space Mutants
    Earthworm Jim
    Earthworm Jim 2
    Flicky
    World of Illusion
    Sonic 1
    Sonic 2
    Sonic 3
    Sonic Spinball
    Sonic 3D Blast
    Lion King
    Pac-Man 2
    Jurassic Park
    Championship Pro Am
    Taz Escape from Mars
    Toy Story
    Math Blaster
    Bubsy
    Jungle Book
    Ms Pac Man
    Jammit
    Pro Bass Tournament 96
    Sportstalk Baseball
    Tommy Lasorda Basketball
    Madden 94

Keeping Bart, Jim 2, Jurassic Park, Champ Pro Am, Math Blaster and Jammit. Everything else is either a double or a sports game I don't want and will be sold in the future (except maybe Sonic 3, because it doesn't save and it's a game that you can't just replace a battery in. Dunno who'd want that.)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I finally found something in the wild! It's been a long time. Picked up a Sears Video Arcade II console (no power supply) and two controllers, and a Sega Mega Drive console (no expansion slot cover, power supply, or peripherals). I haven't looked too closely at the Mega Drive, I'm not sure where in the world it came from. I dug through the store's crates of power supplies, couldn't find one for either machine. And no Sega games at all, and a few Atari games but nothing I don't already own.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    VexingEnmity
    PSN
    VexingEnmity

Got Dragon Age Inquisition and Fifa 15 for free. I did a play test for EA Sports and they gave me the games in return. Not really a find, but I figured I'd share anyways.

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

I got the Intellivision flashback console for my birth day.

was kind of the only good thing on my birthday besides dinner

Pac-Man (Level 10) vintagegamecrazy's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think I found quite possibly the most insane computer ever at a Salvation Army ever and this might be the find of the year so far at least for value.

I was walking through a SA that I normally go to just to waste time as it's usually a dump of a store. As I was walking through the tornado of a media area with stuff thrown all over the place I decided to glance at the electronics area and notice what looks like some old Pentium III era PC in an old black case and someone had the cover off and was digging around in it so I decided to walk past since it looked so old but then he walked away and left it there so I decided to take a look. I took the cover off and noticed a Raid array inside with plug and play slots for up to four HDDs. I took a look at the drives and it had 2 250 GB sata drives, nice! Great for rebuilding other PCs, I then see a decent graphics cart, an old Nvidia Quaddro 512MB card; OK, decent enough to slap into another computer for sale. I took a look at the power supply and it says 645 watts; now I'm starting to get excited for how many parts I'm finding. I then realize this baby has eight ram slots in it and four ram sticks. I look at the ram and holy crap, fully buffered, ECC PC2-6400 ram! Good lord, I just found a server!.

I bought this thing for only $25.99 plus tax and still thought it to be some old low end server and thought it was just going to be a whole slew of parts but I take it home and hook and the bios says it has two processors on it and I thought for sure this was going to be some old low end Pentium II with two 32 bit single core processors on it. I let it boot up expecting Windows XP on it since there's a Windows XP Pro sticker on it. Low and behold, Windows 7 Pro pops up instead. Now excitement is starting to stir. I decide to run CPU-Z on it to see what this thing is really made of. I let it run and to my excitement it says 64 bit and has two 3Ghz quad core processors in this beast. I then go to Crucial.com to see how much ram this maxes out at and it I couldn't even believe my eyes! I didn't think I was reading it right and I had to stare at the screen for a few minutes to believe what I saw but it said 65,536MB. Good lord, this thing will handle 64GB of ram!

So I just found a computer that's older but still blaze fast even in todays specs for only $25. I looked this up on Feebay and computers with lesser specs than this one were selling in the $500-$600 range!

I actually got the shakes when I saw the value and specs of this machine

It's in an Aberdeen case that still has a floppy drive in it.

The system is a Supermicro X7DWA-N with a Xeon processor in it!
    If they made a movie out of your top five worst sins, what would it be rated?

Check out my list of trades on GameTZ Link

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ncman071

I've been on a bit of a wii and ps3 tear here lately. The wii is a console i never cared a great deal for but now that my kids are 5 and are really starting to get into gaming, they have been playing the wii and I am amazed at how fun some of these games are that i have been sitting on for years now....

anyway, was watching retro liberty a month or so back and he highly recommended lost in shadow for the wii. I have looked and looked for this game at every available gamestop and finally found it yesterday about an hour away at a gamestop.....for 4.49

My son actually pointed it out to me...he can't read btw, but somhow noticed the shadow on the front cover and yelled Daddy! Daddy! and i was elated that we found it especially for the price! I've looked online...ebay, amazon, lukiegames.com, etc. and it seems to be going for $15 and up.

Also, we picked up wario land shake it, metal slug anthology, sin and punishment, and flatout all for the wii. Those 4 were $29 total with the powerup rewards.

I did order the last story and T vs. Capcom...I cannot spell that T word...anyway supposed to be great fighter for the wii...got the last story from ebay and the fighter through lukiegames.com

As far as the ps3 goes...i picked up nba 2k14 and madden 25 very recently...Its been a while since i posted here, but i got a ps3 super slim about 2 months ago and have built a library of about 35 games...i was tired of not being able to play the last of us and decided to get the system not just for that one game, but it has a number of exclusives i have been interested in for years...the unchartered games, the God of war games, ratchet and clank series, etc. I actually found nino no kuni ( i may have butchered that title) as well as metal gear revengence both $5 a piece at a local pawn shop that were still sealed!

Prior to the ps3 as far as modern gaming goes, i was almost exclusively gaming on the 360..and have almost 200 games for that system and figured its about time to start focusing on ps3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I went to an electronics junk store today, and bought two complete boxed (but crushed boxes, sadly) of Xonox's Kung Fu Superkicks (what used to be called Chuck Norris's Kung Fu Superkicks before Telegames got the rights and dropped the license) for $7.99 each for the Colecovision, and they were 50% off at the register since the store's going out of business.