Thread: Removed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Removed

Meh!!
    Last edited by Tanooki; 11-04-2016 at 10:14 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Interesting story and one I hope someday has a final chapter if Nintendo ever emulates the Super FX chip for one of their Virtual Consoles (Although personally, I ended up not much caring for Star Fox 2 once I finally got to play it).

That said, Yoshi's Island doesn't use a dual Super FX setup. Just a single solitary Super FX 2 processor was present.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Ahh nice catch, like I said it's a decade old and that one definitely slipped by. I agree though, they paid to have this finished and not released, kind of like Sim City and Earthbound for the NES. It's like they don't want to make money on stuff that's sure to generate some good buzz. The virtual console is a perfect excuse to exploit those games and others. Joy Mecha Fight out of Japan on the Famicom was an out of nowhere excellent 1v1 fighter Nintendo made.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Or translating Marvelous, which ran on the Link to the Past engine and was the first Nintendo project from the head of the Zelda team since Majora's Mask. That's another decision by Nintendo to sit on a promising title that still has me shaking my head since the Wii Virtual Console first appeared.

Or their Satelliteview content, including a fair bit of brand new 2D Zelda content. Seems like it should be prime material for going back to and assembling releases for the Virtual Console, yet they just sit on it.

And sadly, I bet this continues such as the fully translated remake of Fatal Frame 2 that North America didn't recieve. What seems like an obvious eShop download for the Wii U now that downloadable Wii releases have appeared, is one I bet Nintendo never capitalizes upon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

They never do, and it's an ongoing problem.

I said it before, but with these columns and my access I may try and get back into a little writing on stuff like I did a decade ago, it couldn't hurt. If anything it'll make me slow down a little and clean up my writing a bit.

Topics like Nintendo blindly ignoring translated games they pay to finish and not release would be a good one, the stuff is done, they even flaunt some of it in their own media, yet bury it even when a virtual console release would be in the cards at little expense. Then you have the 3DS/Vita type stuff having to compete with $1-10 downloads and IAP abuse. DLC, and how to charge someone triple for a game. There's plenty of ammo out there that rile up people.