Thread: Columbus Ohio Retro Gaming Society (CORGS) Con - Saturday, May 16th 2015

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Columbus Ohio Retro Gaming Society (CORGS) Con - Saturday, May 16th 2015

http://corgs-con.webs.com/

CORGScon is back again, with a new and larger location this year. This year's show will take place at the Marriott Courtyard Columbus West in Hilliard, Ohio. The show will run from 10am-6pm and admissions is $7. There is an early bird hour at 9am for hardcore collectors to get first dibs on the hardest-to-find items and admission will be $10.

If you are interested in being a vendor, tables are very cheap compared to other conventions. The first table is $50 and subsequent tables are $45 each. Contact Gary Carnuche at 70gool(at)msn(dot)com if you are interested in buying a vendor table. On top of free admissions, vendors will also get a free lunch this year.

Now You're Playing with Podcast will be back again at CORGScon along with guests Rick from the Intellivisionaires Pocast and Willie from Arcade USA. We will be recording a live podcast near the end of the convention, as well as hosting an episode of Video Game Jeopardy.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'll be there.

Can anyone suggest some game stores worth a visit while I am in the area. I used to live in Columbus, but not sure what's new and what's gone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trebuken View Post
    I'll be there.

Can anyone suggest some game stores worth a visit while I am in the area. I used to live in Columbus, but not sure what's new and what's gone.
    https://www.facebook.com/warpzonehq

The best new store in town is Warp Zone. It's only a few miles from the hotel where the event will be held, but the owner may close up shop that day to have a booth at CORGScon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

https://www.facebook.com/events/1431...1084403861321/

Also at CORGScon this year, the Columbus Retro League will kick off their second season with the CORGbuster Video Game Championship - a reenactment of the 1994 Blockbuster World Video Game Championship.

Entry for this tournament will be free, but the CRL will be selling Season 2 passes for $30. A season pass covers all entry fees for each of the 9 tournaments on the CRL Season 2 schedule (normally $5 each), as well as a Columbus Retro League T-shirt.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello all,
    At this Corgs Con, several copies of Armed For Battle will be available to purchase. If you are unfamiliar with the game, which is real time strategy on the NES, check out the trailer. The game will be discounted from the online price, and you'll save on shipping!

Gary C, one of the guys that runs Corgs, will have the game available at his table to purchase and will hopefully have a demo to play. Wish I could be there myself, but it didn't work out this time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Darrin from Warp Zone is bringing a lot of very interesting import items from his personal collection (read: lots of Sega and PCE Duo games) to slim it down. If you've got a lot of interest in import games and are in the area, be sure to hit up his booth early!

EDIT: Hah, didn't notice the plug for his store above! Great store, great staff!
    Last edited by sfchakan; 05-14-2015 at 09:36 PM.