Thread: Are DS games and 3DS games often counterfeit? Check out this auction I just bought.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Default Are DS games and 3DS games often counterfeit? Check out this auction I just bought.

I just hit the BIN on this group of games: http://www.ebay.com/itm/221701977427...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I don't really keep up on prices for this stuff, but I'd been looking to purchase Azran Legacy, so this listing popped up. Without knowing for sure, the price seemed almost too good to be true, I hit the BIN quick, but now has me wondering. I recall DS games were counterfeited a lot, but usually without a case. Again, it wasn't really anything I was aware of or kept up with, though. Seller has great ratings and has been selling a bit of game stuff lately, so I've got no reason to be suspicious, I can just get a little paranoid sometimes I guess.

So, good deal or not? I don't have any of the games and the 3 Layton games are ones I'd generally keep an eye out for since my wife and I both have liked them.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

They look ok to me, the quality of the photo looks bad but I don't see anything off with the actual games. Nice that it has the good version of Jake Hunter included, I only had the lousy Detective Chronicles version.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes, DS games are commonly counterfeited. 3DS, not so much because it's new.

When it comes to identifying DS boots, most use the thicker clear euro-style case rather than the standard dark gray of USA/JPN games. The DS card itself isn't too difficult to assess. Usually they use the wrong artwork, wrong product code, wrong corner shaping, wrong ESRB rating and sometimes the card bulges in the middle.

Come join us on Micro-64

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

As they both said they look nice, and given it was free shipping at that price you should be happy with yourself getting all that stuff brand new except the one that's like new. $79 for 7 games which 6 are unopened is great.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Thanks for the input everyone. Gameguy, I'd never even heard of Jake Hunter, it just came along for the ride, but it sounds like I should check it out. It has been a long time since I've gotten a great deal on eBay, kind of forgot what it's like.