Thread: Ocarina of Time 3D rumored not to be in print now

Pac-Man (Level 10) Rickstilwell1's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    TheGameCollector

Maybe it just took 3 years for people to realize it. I thought these kinds of games were fun because I already replay the same old games over and over again anyway. Sometimes I like it when they give it a graphical boost or throw in a few extra areas. But what I prefer even more is when they make more actual sequels that are similar. Sometimes being too different can turn me off from a series.

New Mario games always get me to buy Nintendo systems, but Zelda is a different story because I've never beaten any non-remake Zeldas after Majora's Mask. The Oracles of Ages and Seasons seemed kind of strange to me and didn't quite attract me to them like Link's Awakening did. Toon Link's goofy looking character design made me not appreciate The Wind Waker as much. And so every entry after that went on the back burner. I might try to pick up where I left off next time I cycle back through and finish Majora's Mask again though. It's time I finally gave at least some of the in between newer Zeldas a chance. A Link Between Worlds did look good to me. It looked like it might finally be the one that looks right to me.
    [quote name='Shidou Mariya' date='Nov 17 2010, 10:05 PM' post='4889940']
    I'm a collector, but only to a certain extent.
    Not as extreme as Rickstilwell though.[/quote]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rickstilwell1 View Post
    Maybe it just took 3 years for people to realize it. I thought these kinds of games were fun because I already replay the same old games over and over again anyway. Sometimes I like it when they give it a graphical boost or throw in a few extra areas. But what I prefer even more is when they make more actual sequels that are similar. Sometimes being too different can turn me off from a series.
    That's why I'm 100% not interested in the Zelda game on the WiiU and was a nice deciding factor in me selling the hardware because as bad as I'd like to play Starfox, keeping the system for one game wasn't wise. I have Link to the Past's sequel on 3DS and I can not enjoy it as is without a guide. I'm tempted to buy the guide and just use it to do the dungeons in order because it's too open world of me to enjoy as I just go in circles and achieve nothing of value in the time I can apply myself. Nintendo has been tweaking a few of their franchises, Zelda the most, to where I don't want to deal with it anymore. Mario Kart and Brawl are more or less on that same track making online the bread and butter of it and I prefer single player (and for kart to have skill, not just be mario party on wheels.)

New Mario games always get me to buy Nintendo systems, but Zelda is a different story because I've never beaten any non-remake Zeldas after Majora's Mask. The Oracles of Ages and Seasons seemed kind of strange to me and didn't quite attract me to them like Link's Awakening did. Toon Link's goofy looking character design made me not appreciate The Wind Waker as much. And so every entry after that went on the back burner. I might try to pick up where I left off next time I cycle back through and finish Majora's Mask again though. It's time I finally gave at least some of the in between newer Zeldas a chance. A Link Between Worlds did look good to me. It looked like it might finally be the one that looks right to me.
    Me too. Thae SMB U was so amazing, the only 'new' style game I really truly and greatly enjoyed as it so tried to be Super Mario World dumping some of the boring stage designs and wonky gimmicks and physics of the previous titles and I will miss it. Those two Oracle games I never finishde, really disliked them because they didn't feel right, which I guess makes sense since Capcom made them as Flagship. They were so linear it was a choking snore and the dungeons I did bother with before selling them were backtrack hell. Wind Waker though is my favorite 3D Zelda of the lot, the animation was amazing, story was fairly unique with ties ot Ocarina and before, and the play control and stage designs were awesome and it bothers me the game series slid so bad after that point. I'm considering despite my dislike o the n64 release due to the choking time design and things maybe giving majora a try on 3DS due to the updates and changes.

59 6F 75 72 20 48 44 44 20 61 64 64 69 6E 67 20 65 6D 62 61 72 72 61 73 73 69 6E 67 20 64 61 74 61
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    I have Link to the Past's sequel on 3DS and I can not enjoy it as is without a guide. I'm tempted to buy the guide and just use it to do the dungeons in order because it's too open world of me to enjoy as I just go in circles and achieve nothing of value in the time I can apply myself.
    There is no set order to the dungeons. Just go with the flow and do whatever seems reasonable. A Link Between Worlds is really more of a return to the franchise's roots. The world is opened up similarly to how the first game was and you are not given much direction on what to do next. Once you relearn how to be self-reliant in unfamiliar situations, the game will become much more fun and you will have a greater sense of accomplishment.
    Mario says "... if you do drugs, you go to hell before you die."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I found the Prima guide for $7 used when I was out earlier. I'll look into picking it back up. I'll just follow however it has the areas laid out in there, but I'll still work to solve the dungeons on my own as it's not really a hard game from what I have played of it.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My only problem with A link between worlds was how easy it was. I think I died 3 times. I didn't struggle at all with the title. I don't need it to be like Dark Souls or anything but some challenge would have been nice.
    Cool people I have bought stuff from on this board: orrimarrko kyosuke75 dave2236 video_game_addict cloudstrife29661 NESCollector75

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I have to agree with that. I only took down 2 dungeons and went around some places before I stopped as I didn't bump into any more dungeons, but i never died being serious about it. The only time I ever ate it was in that part up in the mountains where you have these 3D drops into some platforms over lava for a heart piece and the depth of it just kept screwing with me and I can't physically handle it. That was about the last time I played it too I think.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Are you all still having trouble finding this game? Or did they restock the shelves?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Did you come across it new out there or just asking?

I've got it thankfully as I think I said earlier this year in this thread. I also brought up that link between worlds, I said I'd pick it back up and I still haven't. Thinking about it though I realize it has been too long, so when I do I'll erase the save and start over because it's bad trying to remember what you did especially in an open game like that so much later.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ocarina of Time 3D is definitely not restocked in stores new but I have started to see used copies at Gamestop for a trillion dollars. I passed on those but ironically I bought a used copy(along with Pokemon Omega Ruby and New Super Mario Bros DS) yesterday for $45 total off of craigs list. I don't think Nintendo has any interest in making another print of this game, especially when they can continue charging the full price for the e-shop version.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    Did you come across it new out there or just asking?

I've got it thankfully as I think I said earlier this year in this thread. I also brought up that link between worlds, I said I'd pick it back up and I still haven't. Thinking about it though I realize it has been too long, so when I do I'll erase the save and start over because it's bad trying to remember what you did especially in an open game like that so much later.
    I saw it in a Best Buy a while back. there were maybe 4 or 5. I was shocked since I hadn't seen it anywhere for some time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Not sure when this happened, but I see that this was finally reprinted and is easy to find at Best Buy locations in recent days.

It's also only $20 used online at Best Buy and is getting prices down elsewhere as well. Amazon is down to $45 for new copies for example. I don't see any new stock at GameStop or Wal-Mart, but hopefully they're ordering some as well so that it's more readily available.

Alas, it's not the budget rerelease that it deserves, but at least one can buy it new for MSRP once again.
    Last edited by Leo_A; 11-11-2015 at 05:24 AM.

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

we get them from time to time at work (wally) usually about $40 as well

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Wow cool picture. I was wondering why this old topic got dusted off. It never really was out of print, just out of larger print and that appears to have been cured seeing a stack like that at a best buy. If enough are coming out it's dropping even the scalpers on amazon to take $45 (if that if they're still just sitting on them) then Nintendo finally got wise and upped the stock because demand is there. I did find it odd this wouldn't have happened earlier like when that mediocre sequel popped up on 3DS months ago as it would have been a great opportunity to have a big stack of ocarina side by side. One would easily help sell the other.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I love seeing scalpers take one in the ole poopchute. Now, where's all those copies of Starfox64 and Kid Icarus? Or Nintendo purposefully makes limited runs to force you into their eshop.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I think they do actually just that. They'd rather have you buy something you don't own they totally control locked onto your hardware you best hope never breaks irreparably or is stolen or you can just buy it again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by FieryReign View Post
    I love seeing scalpers take one in the ole poopchute. Now, where's all those copies of Starfox64 and Kid Icarus? Or Nintendo purposefully makes limited runs to force you into their eshop.
    They do it more so I think to force prices to stay high. They don't want customers to think that they can just wait for a 1st party release to be discounted.

They were doing this years ago well before retail releases could also be bought digitally.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Dashopepper's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Do the Nintendo conspiracies ever get old? Of course Nintendo wants stock on the shelf. The 3ds especially sells more hard copies then digital due to its demographic. A reasonable theory is that Nintendo underestimated the sales and assumed A Link Between Worlds was going to stunt them even more making another run unnecessary. But apparently Oot had legs and ALBW didn't which really stumps me (its an amazing game) and apparently Nintendo.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Steel Diver, Tetris Axis, and New Super Mario2 say otherwise. There are so many copies of that junk floating around everywhere. Conspiracy theory? It's a wellknown fact game companies want to go all digital. How do you explain Starfox64 and Kid Icarus?

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FieryReign View Post
    It sounds like it was decently in stock, until the scalpers heard a rumor it was going out of print, and then proceeded to horde them all.
    (I mean how else do you explain the average ebay price literally doubling IN ONE DAY?)

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nintendo ain't seein that money when scalpers buy them up and resell them at higher marks. They make no money when it gets resold multiple times through hellholes like Gamestop. Why would they keep stocking shelves and running more prints when it's not worth it? They want you to pay full retail for a digital download even if the game is 5 years old and sitting in bargain bins. Don't see any conspiracie theorie accusations like the fanboys like to scream all the time.
    Last edited by FieryReign; 11-11-2015 at 11:41 PM.