Thread: Anyone taking advantage of the GoG.com Double Insomnia Promo sale??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Anyone taking advantage of the GoG.com Double Insomnia Promo sale??

They started this like two days ago and it has been an interesting ride. It ends I think on Friday morning, so you have time still if you're interested.

They have a nice long double list of 70-80 games from a classic and modern category, no rhyme or reason to what pops up next, but the deals are all 50-90% off on the game and it has slots, could be 100, could be 500, but once it's gone, that deal is over and it's replaced in the rotation with another. So far looking into day three it's much of the same, but they roll a few new ones in each day. You can see what has hit so far and it is being kept up to date in their own site forums. http://www.gog.com/forum/general/dou...r_thread/page1

Have you taken advantage of this?

I grabbed Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (as it's getting hard to get my real one to run still), Papers Please and Shadowgate Special Edition. I'm hoping I can catch Sam & Max Hit the Road before it stops. Papers Please so far is the only 'new' one for me as I have a real copy of Indy and also had a discounted standard edition of Shadowgate but the SE usually is $30 and all the extras are good so when I saw it was $6 I went for it.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've randomly checked it a few times over the last few days. So far I've only picked up Seven Cities of Gold.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I love GOG but I hate sales like this. It is just annoying and I am not going to keep checking to see what is available. I have been waiting on a decent sale on some of the LucasArts catalog but if I have to have the site reloaded all the time and if they "sell out" then I wasted my time. Just put your unlimited supplies of digital games on sale each day and be done with it. Seems like they are missing out on more money and just trying to get people to be impulsive so maybe they are getting more money.
    Cool people I have bought stuff from on this board: orrimarrko kyosuke75 dave2236 video_game_addict cloudstrife29661 NESCollector75

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Reading the main thread members made around it to catalog the order of stuff that goes up, and how much of theme, it appears the event last happened May 2014 and it appears to be a bit of a competition to see how much crap you can buy for the most off. Also interesting enough if I read it right, random buys get extra free copies of said random game to give away to another. So there's a good racket going of people getting free download keys and giving them away and some trading for other games some people missed out on. I haven't got one with the 3 things I snapped up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

My backlog is just so overwhelmingly massive now, and I keep thinking that anything I might want to buy is just going to end up in another bundle before long. I am not sufficiently enticed to keep refreshing and see what turns up next.
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." --Bertrand Russel (attributed)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I agree with that, but between my tablet I can keep up and working at home I just kept the page up and waited. I went after Wacky Wheels, oddly when I clicked it, they gave me it for free as a prize for their promo. Then about 3 hours later finally Sam and Max popped up so I snagged it. I don't see anything else I'd really care to bother with.

I'm debating shoving an ios or android version of scummvm on my devices and throwing Indy Fate of Atlantis and Sam & Max on it.