Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Default Contest (with Prizes!): Show off your (old) gear @ GOG.com

Web page: http://www.gog.com/news/contest_show_off_your_old_gear

Quote Originally Posted by GoG.com
    Show off your (old) gear, win shiny new (ROCCAT) gear!
    As you know, the GOG.com catalog spans many titles dating back as far as 1980 (Akalabeth, we're looking at you!), in times when computers kind of looked like modern-day microwaves sat on top of a console, and the first portable computer, the Osborne I, was put on the market in all the glory of its 24 pounds of weight and a steep $1,795 price tag.
    We don't expect you to have gear that's quite as old, but we are curious as to what treasures you might be keeping in a box stored away in the basement or deep in an attic drawer. So show us your oldest gear and be greatly rewarded with the some of the newest on the market, courtesy of gaming gear creator and producer ROCCAT!
    THE RULES:
    - Your entry should consist of 1 or 2 pictures of your old gear and a description of up to 100 words telling us what it is, where you got it, what you used it for or any other fond memories you have with it. Maybe it was your first joystick? Maybe an old Atari controller you kept as a memento? We want to hear about it!
    - You can only post one entry per person. If you post more, only the first one will be counted.
    - You may not edit your post.
    - Use your own photos of your own gear - we do know how to do a reverse image search!
    Post your entry in the comments below before the deadline - you have a week, until March 6th, at 1:59 PM GMT. We aim to judge your entries and pick winners by Thursday, March 12th - we'll announce them in the contest forum thread and via PM to the winners themselves.
    THE PRIZES:
    1st place prize: a ROCCAT Isku, gaming keyboard with blue-tinted illumination, secondary programmable Shift function, and Thumbster Macro Keys below the spacebar to maximise gaming effectiveness
    2nd place prize: a ROCCAT Savu, mid-size hybrid gaming mouse with an adjustable, 400-4000 DPI optical sensor, secondary programmable function, customizable illumination, and a powerful driver suite
    3rd place prize: a ROCCAT Sense, mousepad with friction-reducing microcrystalline coating for greater mouse speed and precision
    All winners will also get GOG.com gift codes to use on games of their choice to test out their new gear!
    Honorable mentions: We expect there to be many great-quality entries, so we're reserving the right to give out honorable mentions to all those we find did a brilliant job, but didn't quite make the podium cut. They'll get GOG.com gift codes to use on titles available in our catalog.
    Should you be one of our top three winners, we will need some mailing data (name, address, phone number) to ship your prize to you. If the ROCCAT Marketing Team ends up sending the prizes directly to you, we will need to share your mailing information with them. We will not share it with anyone that doesn't need it!
    Please note that this contest is also being held on the French and German GOG.com forum - winners will be chosen, regardless of language, from across all three contest topics.
    Source: http://www.gog.com/news/contest_show_off_your_old_gear

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Psygnosis8
    PSN
    Psygnosis8
    Steam
    Psygnosis8

Do you think they'd accept an entry for a Sharp X68000 XVI Compact?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Try it, you'd get in at least for being unique and it is a computer, even if it's a Japanese one well known for gaming.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Psygnosis8
    PSN
    Psygnosis8
    Steam
    Psygnosis8

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    Try it, you'd get in at least for being unique and it is a computer, even if it's a Japanese one well known for gaming.
    I just might

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Nice to know about a contest on the day it ends, and ending at 1:59 PM GMT which means it ended less than half an hour after the first post here.

To anyone else reading this thread and not reading through all the details, the contest is already over.

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    Nice to know about a contest on the day it ends, and ending at 1:59 PM GMT which means it ended less than half an hour after the first post here. To anyone else reading this thread and not reading through all the details, the contest is already over.
    Hey, what can I say? I had the tab open for a few days while I was taking care of other, more important stuff. Nobody else had written about the contest by the time I made my thread, so I created it. Someone could have entered if they had caught sight of the post when it was freshly made.

If nothing else, everyone can enjoy all the many entries submitted in the GoG comment threads. (Over 500 of them were made!)