Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The most you have spent on a Nintendo 64 game?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    laughing robot
    PSN
    second-monkey
    3DS Friend
    0087-3717-4240

Most I've paid is $85 for Bangai-O which came in my mailbox today. Awesome game. Well worth what I spent. I have a mint game with box, booklet, and plastic insert.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Forgot about this thread, funny you should mention that game there above. I just got it within the last month as well. I found this shoe seller(no idea why they had this) selling Bangaioh along with Sin & Punishment and a N64 cartridge adapter as well for 150obo shipped, got it down to 110 shipped. Given the adapters sell for 30 and so does S&P that means I paid $50 for Bangaioh (less if you figure shipping costs.) I would have never paid full price, but just dumb luck worked out that day I saw the posting. Two of the best games out of Japan for N64 we got hosed out of. Having owned both versions I feel the N64 game is superior to the Dreamcast one for the usual lists reasoned out online in comparisons on sites.

Retro game console modder bacteria's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

As I recall, the most I paid for an N64 game was Conkers Bad Fur Day, boxed, for about £25 a couple of years ago; worth about 4x that now. Also paid about that amount for Mario Party 3 boxed about 7 years ago as had the others and wanted that one too. Think I paid about £18 for Banjo Tooie a couple of years ago, which is also worth a lot more now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I had 2 boxed (1 sealed) copies of Conker's Bad Fur day about 10 years ago. I sold both of them for about $15 each. I didn't think the game was all that great.

The most I'd spent on N64 games is the price of the 1st year titles, which was $70 a game. I got Majora's Mask with box only for $15 from a Block Buster in The NY area @2003. I got most of the titles that I want for the system back when it was still available. I may get a couple more racing games, if I can find them on the cheap, and maybe Quest 64.
    Last edited by Gamevet; 11-06-2015 at 08:41 AM.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Most I have ever paid (minus when the games were new on the shelf) was $45 or so. Paid $25 for sculpters cut a long time ago.
    YouTube: MasonSushi---- http://www.youtube.com/user/masonsushi
    NintendoAge: MasonSushi
    Licensed NES- Complete....32X Complete
    N64- Complete....Master System (CIB)- 8 left
    TG-16 Hu - Complete

Retro game console modder bacteria's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well you must be pretty sick now Gamevet that the game is worth silly money now - boxed version go for around £200 ($300). Crazy money. One day though i'll probably sell my one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bacteria View Post
    Well you must be pretty sick now Gamevet that the game is worth silly money now - boxed version go for around £200 ($300). Crazy money. One day though i'll probably sell my one.
    I'm not too disappointed about it. I'm kind of bummed that I didn't pick up the Xbox version, that had been collecting dust for over a year at a store I frequented. I didn't want to pay the $35 they were asking. and then when the N64 version price shot up, the Xbox copy disappeared.
    Last edited by Gamevet; 11-06-2015 at 11:02 AM.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gamevet View Post
    I had 2 boxed (1 sealed) copies of Conker's Bad Fur day about 10 years ago. I sold both of them for about $15 each. I didn't think the game was all that great.
    That's very similar to the experience I had. I got lucky and found several new sealed copies for $1 each plus tax from a store that found a bunch left in the stock room. At that time I couldn't get $20 for them so eventually I ended up selling 3 of them for $15 each. One I traded to another collector for 3 complete PC games, they're games I want but they're worth quite a bit less than Conker's is today. I thought I had more than 4 copies but I know what I had are all sold, I can't remember selling the rest but I must have done so or I just had 4 copies.

I do still have a sealed copy left, but this one I got from another collector when he sold off his N64 collection. Now I'm contemplating selling it, trading it for another game of high value that I actually want, or just hold onto it and see if the value goes any higher.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

That's the deal, do you open it or not. Better question though, do you own another open copy?

It's a sick way I justify my sealed game. I grabbed up a really high grade quality yellow Metroid NES sealed game a couple years back and I put it in a shadowbox as it's my favorite period Samus art (overall still is I think too.) But I hate sealed games, I open them, but as I still have my childhood gray one with the manual, the need to rip it open and use it was dealt with. Maybe look at it that way. Do you like the art with the furball on the box or not? If it's not worth staring at every day on your shelf/wall, get the money and get something nice for it. I've done both, sold 3 $300 games and a few others for a pinball machine I value far more and use a lot more too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    That's very similar to the experience I had. I got lucky and found several new sealed copies for $1 each plus tax from a store that found a bunch left in the stock room. At that time I couldn't get $20 for them so eventually I ended up selling 3 of them for $15 each. One I traded to another collector for 3 complete PC games, they're games I want but they're worth quite a bit less than Conker's is today. I thought I had more than 4 copies but I know what I had are all sold, I can't remember selling the rest but I must have done so or I just had 4 copies.

I do still have a sealed copy left, but this one I got from another collector when he sold off his N64 collection. Now I'm contemplating selling it, trading it for another game of high value that I actually want, or just hold onto it and see if the value goes any higher.

Yep!

I got my copies from Toys R' Us, when they were dumping them for $5. Several years later, the price didn't really go up and I wasn't interested in holding onto them, so I ended up getting $15 for each of them.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Bobo Mcloud's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just bought a majoras mask grey NFR for $1400 USD, not including prototypes it's the most expensive N64 cart by far.
    Prototype wise I've paid $5300 for one and the rest of my prototypes have cost me $40,000 USD.
    From what I've seen N64 prototypes are by far the rarest out of any major system and are usually worth many times more than any others.
    Will pay big $$$ for N64 prototypes

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Oh i just looked up nfr carts....

I should have bought those.....

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The most I ever spent was $80 or $75 on Conkers. Not sure wat price but it has slight label damage, one little knick, but it's such a great game it's worth picking up. Even for $80 I think.