Thread: Why shipping from the US to mexico is so goddamn expensive!?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Why shipping from the US to mexico is so goddamn expensive!?

can anyone answer me this?, like why?

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Corruption?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

To help further encourage the use of hollowed out compartments in cars and trucks crossing the border?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I don't know the actual services the USPS has to ship packages to Mexico, but the best way to do it is by paying REGISTERING service + the service your customer wants.

The first class airmail(4usd) + registering (7usd) was a 100% reliable combo. Packages arrived safely in 2 to 4 weeks. If you ship to Mexico without registering service, that basically needs every postal employee to sign when they take the package to another postal office effectively ensuring that the package cannot be taken by shady employees or anyone trying to steal it, you are putting that package in risk of never arrive to its destination.

Now I have seen that the USPS only offers Global Express to ship to Mexico. Registering service should still be available, but very few people used it because they have to drop the package and sign it on the postal office and wasn't available when you printed a label and arranged local pickup.

Good luck with your shipment and please don't ship first class without registering. Many sellers on ebay and this forum sent me messages like : "dude, I saved you a few dollars shipping first class, here is a refund" ... and the package never arrived and in the end they didn't took responsibility for lost packages
    Last edited by eskobar; 04-03-2015 at 11:24 PM.
    Las calles no son basurero, POR FAVOR TIREN LA BASURA EN SU LUGAR !!!!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

For further context, my experience is that i was going to but Lolo 3 on Ebay because i said fuck it, but the seller had it put so that he doesn't ship to mexico, then i bid on an auction that was $15 and i got outbid and it is now over $21 and i checked the shipping for mexico and is, you really want to know, $24.27 USD!!!

WHY?

i even wanted to buy NY Nyankies (the japanese version of Rockin Katz, because buying the US one is impossible for less than 100 grand ) for 33 USD and i sent him a note and told me that the cheapest trackable shipping is just $8.85 USD?..................and then i backed up when i found a CHEAPER NY Nyankies for $15.23 and 9.73 shipped from Japan with tracking code from a japanese seller that was taking Euros for payment :P

Also i just buyed a Zelda II from some cool dude from /vr/ at $7 for the game (and it's a grey cart on top of all) but told me that shipping is $13

What is up with the incosnsinency? or is it just Ebay US sellers ripping people off?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Probably the global shipping program. I'm told that ebay really bakes people on it. They charge you for the shipping to their closest facility. Then you get a fee involved for all their time, people, re-packing, import form handling, and other bs to get it back into the post offices hands along with some nice coverages so they're safe. When you roll all that in there, you get nailed. I stopped selling overseas on ebay once they started and the bitching and breakdowns on it started showing up online. Annoyingly they like to auto-reset some of my relisted stuff to that program which is infuriating because on occasion I end up having to deal with it still and I can see people taking a pounding on the shipping.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    Probably the global shipping program. I'm told that ebay really bakes people on it. They charge you for the shipping to their closest facility. Then you get a fee involved for all their time, people, re-packing, import form handling, and other bs to get it back into the post offices hands along with some nice coverages so they're safe. When you roll all that in there, you get nailed. I stopped selling overseas on ebay once they started and the bitching and breakdowns on it started showing up online. Annoyingly they like to auto-reset some of my relisted stuff to that program which is infuriating because on occasion I end up having to deal with it still and I can see people taking a pounding on the shipping.
    so, ripping people off then?

Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

It's all about what the government is willing to subsidize. The United States subsidizes very little in the pay of package shipping by individuals. So the rates are very high.
    The Paunch Stevenson Show free Internet podcast - www.paunchstevenson.com - DP FEEDBACK

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

A mix of ripping people off and what greg there said too, no subsidies. You're basically put in a position being outside the country to get screwed.

FPGA arm-based system Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

local pickup is always an option

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Just wait for every Mexican to be in the United States.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wrong forum?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Today i got the message form a seller that shipping to mexico WITH tracking turned out to be 34 USD!!! as opposed of 13 USD! not his fault tough.