Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Combine shipping on Ebay sucks sometimes

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Combine shipping on Ebay sucks sometimes

I was trying to buy a game from Ebay and they told me that they do Combine shipping, (not auction but normal sales) but NEVER on the payment process did appear the option to combine shipping, i was trying to bought Adventure Island 3 (japanese), Jacki Chan and a CIB Door Door (all of them for the Famicom) along with the Nyankies (Japanese Rockin Katz) i bought, i was told that they do combine shipping and some user told me that is just 1.5 USD for adittional game with no extra shipping payment.

But guess what, Never did the option for combine shipping appeared and NEVER i got the message from the guy who was supposed to help me with the purchase, now today some other member of the staff is telling me that AIRMAIL is not available anymore for my mexico, just EMS, despite not saying that in their description.

now i requested to return an item and cancel an order and get a refund, to see if i can buy all 4 items with only ONE EMS shipping payment and the fee, BUT NOW i am being told that i have to purchase individually EACH damn item and the fee is 5 USD per item!

the user is called lil.tupac

FPGA arm-based system Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

Quote Originally Posted by Gatucaman View Post
    I was trying to buy a game from Ebay and they told me that they do Combine shipping, (not auction but normal sales) but NEVER on the payment process did appear the option to combine shipping, i was trying to bought Adventure Island 3 (japanese), Jacki Chan and a CIB Door Door (all of them for the Famicom) along with the Nyankies (Japanese Rockin Katz) i bought, i was told that they do combine shipping and some user told me that is just 1.5 USD for adittional game with no extra shipping payment.

But guess what, Never did the option for combine shipping appeared and NEVER i got the message from the guy who was supposed to help me with the purchase, now today some other member of the staff is telling me that AIRMAIL is not available anymore for my mexico, just EMS, despite not saying that in their description.

now i requested to return an item and cancel an order and get a refund, to see if i can buy all 4 items with only ONE EMS shipping payment and the fee, BUT NOW i am being told that i have to purchase individually EACH damn item and the fee is 5 USD per item!

the user is called lil.tupac
    You should include a link to the item, would be easier to see the shipping terms of the seller.
    So you are attempting to buy 4 items, what is the total EMS shipping? is it 20$ or more?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ill sent you 2 PM's

and EMS is 16 USD, but fee for extra game is 5 USD per game he told me now, (1st he told me it was for ALL of them)
    Last edited by Gatucaman; 04-05-2015 at 11:54 PM.

FPGA arm-based system Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

Quote Originally Posted by Gatucaman View Post
    Ill sent you 2 PM's

and EMS is 16 USD, but fee for extra game is 5 USD per game he told me now, (1st he told me it was for ALL of them)
    That sounds like alot for combined shipping, there are other sellers who can do better. Should be like 2-3$ for each additional, if you buy alot some sellers will go cheaper.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

That's a scam. It doesn't cost an added $5 EMS just for one flimsy very light weight little Famicom game. The value of EMS is based upon the size/weight of the package but a little famicom cart isn't going to add that much as I've combined more than 1 Famicom cart before in shipping just last year. The dude is trying to abuse ebay policy to take you for a ride.

If worst comes to it, throw the dude under the bus and let him be a crybaby and leave you a non-payor strike. Even on multiple items it would just be one, and that's not enough to hurt you if you don't do another for like 3 or 6 months. Since you already paid, just do a reverse charge on your card or ignore ebay and call paypal directly and explain the situation and see about getting it pulled back.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    That's a scam. It doesn't cost an added $5 EMS just for one flimsy very light weight little Famicom game. The value of EMS is based upon the size/weight of the package but a little famicom cart isn't going to add that much as I've combined more than 1 Famicom cart before in shipping just last year. The dude is trying to abuse ebay policy to take you for a ride.

If worst comes to it, throw the dude under the bus and let him be a crybaby and leave you a non-payor strike. Even on multiple items it would just be one, and that's not enough to hurt you if you don't do another for like 3 or 6 months. Since you already paid, just do a reverse charge on your card or ignore ebay and call paypal directly and explain the situation and see about getting it pulled back.
    actually i corroborated and it is 3 USD, but still.....

I ask for returning the NYC nyankies and my original plan was to attempt to Re-bough all 3 items and dropping one to see if the ocmbine shipping works, but since the system doesnt give me the option even when the seller has in it's description that he does.......................yeah.....

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Usually you have to request an invoice with all plus shipping for combined orders.
    Every time i have to ask for an invoice. I don't think eBay s system is up to par for things like this for the buyer and it makes more work for the seller too

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Well that's a bit of info there, not requesting an invoice. Ebay doesn't usually combine stuff from what I've seen for the most part. I mean I've seen it, I think it was from someone with a big automated ebay super store, but from some random guy or a micro sized store it's all manual entry and if you don't ask for it, you're paying on each one and you lose out.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well that's a bit of info there, not requesting an invoice. Ebay doesn't usually combine stuff from what I've seen for the most part. I mean I've seen it, I think it was from someone with a big automated ebay super store, but from some random guy or a micro sized store it's all manual entry and if you don't ask for it, you're paying on each one and you lose out.
    Ok so How do i do a manual invoice request?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

That should be an option you can see in the process of clicking in your my ebay tab on the listing of stuff you won. Pretty sure it's a drop down option called request invoice. You do one, and in the comment box, ask for revised shipping. Then it's up to them to honor their word, and if they don't, you point it out to ebay they're selling using fraudulent terms to sucker buyers into getting more than one item.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That should be an option you can see in the process of clicking in your my ebay tab on the listing of stuff you won. Pretty sure it's a drop down option called request invoice. You do one, and in the comment box, ask for revised shipping. Then it's up to them to honor their word, and if they don't, you point it out to ebay they're selling using fraudulent terms to sucker buyers into getting more than one item.
    wait, you cant do combine shipping for normal non-auction purchases?

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Right in the payment menu (when it is asks for shipping method), there should be a button/link "Request total from seller" or Request Invoice or something.

The one I don't know about is sellers who use the "immediate payment required" method (the one that won't mark you as the buyer until you complete payment).
    But fortunately most sellers use the normal option where you just click "Buy now" or whatever so you can claim it yours and pay after contacting the seller.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SparTonberry View Post
    Right in the payment menu (when it is asks for shipping method), there should be a button/link "Request total from seller" or Request Invoice or something.

The one I don't know about is sellers who use the "immediate payment required" method (the one that won't mark you as the buyer until you complete payment).
    But fortunately most sellers use the normal option where you just click "Buy now" or whatever so you can claim it yours and pay after contacting the seller.
    Never saw that option when buying the NYC from that guy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Well I don't recall having 'combine shipping' as a check box option when making an item for sale ad on there, so maybe you just missed it.

celerystalker is a poindexter celerystalker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

I recently bought an item from that seller, but it wad only one. Shipping was a little steep, but it usually is from Japan. Everything went fine for me. A little while back, though, I combined from several auctions from a seller and under payment, there is an option to request an invoice and attach a message. It saved me about $20.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by celerystalker View Post
    I recently bought an item from that seller, but it wad only one. Shipping was a little steep, but it usually is from Japan. Everything went fine for me. A little while back, though, I combined from several auctions from a seller and under payment, there is an option to request an invoice and attach a message. It saved me about $20.
    Well, i took the risk then, cancelled my return request on Nyankies NYC and bought Adventure Island III and well, i upgraded to EMS.

i got the two titles shipped along, tough i am not sure if he will refund me part of the shipping of one of the titles, since i still needed to gave him 3 USD for fee for the 2nd game.

Well, he sent me a message apologizing for all the trouble the other members gave me, cause it's a newbie that was working 2 weeks ago, and they have shipped my titles already with a gift

by pure casuality Celerystalker if it's ok to ask, what item did you buyed?

As for the invoice combination thingy, i suppose its only for auctions that you won, crap, well it seem weird to me since lil.tupac had no auctions and all of them were BIN's

celerystalker is a poindexter celerystalker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

The game I bought from that seller was Sunsoft Memorial Series vol. 1 for PS1. It's a compilation of Ikki and Super Arabian.

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

I usually have to message the seller for the total, there no button for it you just ask the seller directly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

What seller are you dealing with? You can PM me if you're afraid to write it. I still have an interest in Famicom games and have a short list of stuff I'd snap up if the price was right.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What seller are you dealing with? You can PM me if you're afraid to write it. I still have an interest in Famicom games and have a short list of stuff I'd snap up if the price was right.
    right no i don't have enough cash, maybe later.