Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: There many buyers on this site for nes/snes games over $100? Checking my options

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default There many buyers on this site for nes/snes games over $100? Checking my options

I've got a handfull of NES and SNES games ranging $100-350 in value each I'm looking to part with, and some sub $50 stuff too. I want to get one more pinball machine in my place here (Black Knight) and that'll put me into it. I'm talking stuff like Bonk, Bubble Bobble 2, Wild Guns, EVO, MM7, Pocky & Rocky, probably Duck Tales 2, even some paper like a mega man 5 and rc pro am 2 manual. I know this place isn't a feeding frenzy like NA is for this stuff, but I'd rather not screw with ebay and their fee so I can get that table if I don't have to.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    I've got a handfull of NES and SNES games ranging $100-350 in value each I'm looking to part with, and some sub $50 stuff too. I want to get one more pinball machine in my place here (Black Knight) and that'll put me into it. I'm talking stuff like Bonk, Bubble Bobble 2, Wild Guns, EVO, MM7, Pocky & Rocky, probably Duck Tales 2, even some paper like a mega man 5 and rc pro am 2 manual. I know this place isn't a feeding frenzy like NA is for this stuff, but I'd rather not screw with ebay and their fee so I can get that table if I don't have to.
    Out of curiosity, what price will you sell Bonk?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

The $300+ range looking at ebay. I've got $300 in trade value into it from when I picked it up. I can't afford to be too charitable since I'm trying to buy a pinball table that is never going to be in my normal budget.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I might be interested in Duck Tales 2 or maybe Wild Guns if the prices aren't too outrageous. Anything else you haven't listed?
    Bacon, Bacon, Bacon, IT'S BACON!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Well, Duck Tales 2 is a big maybe, but I'm looking at this stuff so far.
    Bonk, Bubble Bobble 2, Afterburner, North&South, immaculate MM5 manual, RC Pro Am 2 manual (former rental, some cover fade but I did get the stickers off)
    EVO, Wild Guns, Mega Man 7, Pocky&Rocky, DKC2, DKC3, Firepower 2K w/manual, Super Contra III

Official Guides- Conkers BFD N64, DKC2, DKC3, Zelda Twilight Princess GC, unauthorized Conquering Zelda (z1+z2 guide from the mid/later 80s)

I'm still going over stuff, may drop a few GBA games too. As I see it, move it now, have the dough ready when a Black Knight cab pops up. Personally I'd take #1 over anyhting Indiana Jones, but I don't have like $6K+ lying around. The stuff listing if I ebayed it, after fees would be in the $1500-1800 range I think as I've pre-priced most of it to see how far I'd have to dig. Half tempted to let a couple retrozone bootlegs go since I could just get their cheap famicom counterparts but pricing them won't be easy to figure out as they don't but rarely pop up on ebay.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Emperor Megas's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Good luck with your pinball table. I have a short list of tables I would want, and Black Knight is one of them.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Things are pretty dead around here, but it couldn't hurt to post your sales to the sales board and see who bites.
    NintendoAge would be a more effective place to sell Nintendo stuffs.

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Yea personally i would only be interested in the mega man 5 manual but that's not something that's going to rake in a whole lot of cash. I'm patient and usually come across things like in this list for cheap out and about. I'd splurge a little more for it if it were at a con and were able to test it and see it before pulling the trigger.

I say NA or assembler.

Doesn't hurt to post one for sale thread multiple places either but stay on top of it and tell people it's posted in multiple places

Pac-Man (Level 10) mailman187666's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Do you have any Saturn games? I have about 2/3 of the US set. I'm looking mostly to see if you have some in the $20-$40 range.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Not to rain on anyone's parade, if people want to pay that much for this stuff that's their business, but am I the only one who thinks it's completely stupid to price stuff by the ebay rate? "Oh gee, ebay says this game is worth five hundred bucks, it must be so!" Really? Is that what this hobby has come to? Don't get me wrong, if a game is legitimately rare I can understand charging more for it, but it's no secret ebay was overrun by scalpers long ago, overcharging by a ridiculous amount for even common games. The local game store I shop at, I shop there specifically because they DON'T do ebay pricing. They price stuff based on what it's ACTUALLY worth rather than what internet resellers want people to think it's worth.
    Social Justice Warrior and proud of it!

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Quote Originally Posted by retroguy View Post
    Not to rain on anyone's parade, if people want to pay that much for this stuff that's their business, but am I the only one who thinks it's completely stupid to price stuff by the ebay rate? "Oh gee, ebay says this game is worth five hundred bucks, it must be so!" Really? Is that what this hobby has come to? Don't get me wrong, if a game is legitimately rare I can understand charging more for it, but it's no secret ebay was overrun by scalpers long ago, overcharging by a ridiculous amount for even common games. The local game store I shop at, I shop there specifically because they DON'T do ebay pricing. They price stuff based on what it's ACTUALLY worth rather than what internet resellers want people to think it's worth.
    This is why I prefer to trade, my game might be stupid;y priced but if I'm trading for other stupidly priced games then it's even.

Also... Tanooki can't sell these on NA. But, Tanooki if you make a sales thread here I'll pass on the word at NA that your games are available.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I'm not welcome at NA because of personal issues unrelated to the site rules that happened last year, or yes I would as I had a sales thread there. That said though it wasn't all that successful in the last year once all the resellers started going there to sign in to flip because you'd end up getting a lot of very lowball offers or unbalanced trades where ebay was a better deal sadly. I'm not on assemblergames though so if I signed in just to do that, it would be shady as shit to me and I'm sure others.

mailman I haven't had saturn stuff since I killed off due to job/money issues a decade ago, but I had some really fine stuff then.

retro - Can't find a good reason to argue against that. Ebay sadly is the barometer, and the more people who get into shoving matches over a game the higher the price goes as the next dude tries to match it. I miss having a local shop like that, the ebay equal (half price books) priced them entirely out of the market of doing that. HPB was stickering stuff at the highest current/recently paid BIN on ebay that was paid for and the local guys were getting their shelves cleaned out over it and nothing coming in, so they had to compete in the greed game to keep in the business. I used to shop there like 1-2x a week, now it's like once every 1-2months (or so.)

Daria thanks. I intended regardless to post it here first, probably racketboy as well, and just see what shakes out, but if you could mirror that over at NA, just because a tiny minority wanted me out over there, I've got nothing against the members there as they still like me enough so I wouldn't block them out of spite on a $5 or a $300 game, it matters not. I just want it to go to someone who will use it.

At this point I need to free some time up here quick and photograph the stuff (opening up any $50+ game to show the board) and do it before I flake. :P

EDIT: I did photos if anyone is curious what all I was talking about - http://s232.photobucket.com/user/tan.../library/sales
    Last edited by Tanooki; 04-10-2015 at 03:53 PM.

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

What's that green snes shell from?

ServBot (Level 11) Edmond Dantes's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Man, I wouldn't mind taking some games off your hands if I ever stopped having money issues or started having an honest enthusiasm for anything. I know there are games I wanted to own once, but now I kinda have a "why do I care" atitude.

That said I'm still keeping watch. Lately I'm more into PC games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Niku that is one of 2 SNES multicart. There's the green and a gray one that does have a label. The green one has (1) Lion King, (2) Indiana Jones Greatest Adventures, (3) Side Pocket, (4) Animaniacs, (5) Super Turrican, (6) Ms. Pac-Man, (7) Mr. Do and it's a rare one you don't ever see come up in that combination. The other with the sticker, that one is common and has 8 on that one, (1) Choplifter III, (2) World Soccer 94, (3) Top Gear, (4) Super Mario World, (5) Goof Troop, (6) F-Zero, (7) Congo's Caper, (8) Tom & Jerry.

These are going up for sale officially as of now this weekend. I just haven't resurrected my sales thread as of yet but I did shove pictures up.
    I found a Black Knight semi-local to me if the dude still has it, and for a really nice price. It's functional but not, switch died so it won't eject a ball but it's otherwise likely in fantastic shape as the current owner has had it for 20-25 years so I'll need to move stuff to get stuff if it's in nice shape or I can wait.

Here's the games if anyone cares -- http://s232.photobucket.com/user/tan...?sort=9&page=1 Any game at/over $100 I'll be doing free priority mail small flat rate packaging in bubble wrap on those.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    Man, I wouldn't mind taking some games off your hands if I ever stopped having money issues or started having an honest enthusiasm for anything. I know there are games I wanted to own once, but now I kinda have a "why do I care" atitude.

That said I'm still keeping watch. Lately I'm more into PC games.
    And if I do decide to sell them I still have WC Kilrathi Saga you showed interest in as well as that Star Wars package.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Rickstilwell1's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    TheGameCollector

There are some pretty good Facebook groups where people might be interested in buying from you too.
    [quote name='Shidou Mariya' date='Nov 17 2010, 10:05 PM' post='4889940']
    I'm a collector, but only to a certain extent.
    Not as extreme as Rickstilwell though.[/quote]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I've never had luck finding those. If you have a listing I'm cool taking a peek. I'm sure since I'm new they won't mind when I show them my ebay rating and age of that account. I don't plan on cutting much of a break though on price as I want the Black KNight that looks/plays nice, not a beater that'll cost me a lot of hours of work and money to fix up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I think Tanooki may be inclined to sell for 'community prices' but he's trying to effectively trade for that pinball table, so he has to look out for the value.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Yup that would be the nicer way to be diplomatic about it. I don't want to be 'that guy' the scalper but at the same point I don't even give myself a $20 budget each week unless I can go to the flea market. I feel guilty buying blu rays on 'sale' for $20 when they come out let alone 1/2 that on the used market. So no if someone thinks they can get a $350 Bonk for anything under $300 after paypal fees, not happening. I'm willing to slice a bit off, community and all that, but I'm not going to go by values 2-3 years ago either.

I put a list in the sellers area on that old thread I had.
    Last edited by Tanooki; 04-11-2015 at 06:36 PM.