Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Opinions On Nintendo Age?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

NWC 25th Anniversary Reproduction Auction

Get in the action for LE numbered editions 1-10!

Bidding starts at $150.00.

I dont mind resellers, but keep in mind that the note will be personalized to the winner. The old NWC NA PRGE repro was resold shortly after it sold out (it sold out in 3 days) for about triple it's price. It might seem expensive now, but it could pay off for you greatly in the future.

http://nintendoage.com/forum/message...hreadid=153882
    Last edited by Gentlegamer; 10-15-2015 at 05:54 PM.

FPGA arm-based system Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

Quote Originally Posted by Gentlegamer View Post

Get in the action for LE numbered edtions 1-10!

Ha! 150 for a repro is insane.
    Its a repro...there is nothing special about them at all. Why do people not realize this???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bb_hood View Post
    Ha! 150 for a repro is insane.
    Its a repro...there is nothing special about them at all. Why do people not realize this???
    Well it's a special premium repro, signed by the NWC winners!

And $150.00 is the starting bid. High bid is currently $500.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

Well it's a special premium repro, signed by the NWC winners!

And $150.00 is the starting bid. High bid is currently $500.
    Cart, box, manual are all black. How boring.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Well if it's the original NWC winner Thor, from a fan standpoint I can understand that if you grew up and were a kid in 1990 and got hyped over Thor and his amazing victory. It's fan service, though the black on black is a bit boring.

The one thing I never got other than he's a member there, but why why why keep sucking up to Robin? The dude was the second runner up, 3rd place, not much to fanboy over there. Also unless something has changed, he's made it clear other than NWC like stuff there's little to nothing left he plays or cares about in games, he just has a wall of unused games as an unused library kind of like a huge stack of old books in some old manor. I don't see the appeal. Thor sure, a genuinely nice guy and very engaging to fans and curious people alike and not full of himself either, and clearly, the winner of the NWC too.

All said though, really, so few copies and that much seems a bit sleazy. Do a real run and let the fans of the event and Thor get a fun bootleg of history. Oh wait sorry, pitchforks! I mean 'reproduction' despite it not reproducing the look or integrity of the original.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    Well if it's the original NWC winner Thor, from a fan standpoint I can understand that if you grew up and were a kid in 1990 and got hyped over Thor and his amazing victory. It's fan service, though the black on black is a bit boring.

The one thing I never got other than he's a member there, but why why why keep sucking up to Robin? The dude was the second runner up, 3rd place, not much to fanboy over there. Also unless something has changed, he's made it clear other than NWC like stuff there's little to nothing left he plays or cares about in games, he just has a wall of unused games as an unused library kind of like a huge stack of old books in some old manor. I don't see the appeal. Thor sure, a genuinely nice guy and very engaging to fans and curious people alike and not full of himself either, and clearly, the winner of the NWC too.

All said though, really, so few copies and that much seems a bit sleazy. Do a real run and let the fans of the event and Thor get a fun bootleg of history. Oh wait sorry, pitchforks! I mean 'reproduction' despite it not reproducing the look or integrity of the original.
    So, then I guess he is some type of celebrity or something and his signiture makes these repros worth hundreds of $$$s??
    He should sign shit for free if hes such a nice guy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

They feel he is. I don't. I think it's silly and profiteering to ask that much for the cart using his name, that 3rd place wannabe, and a limited # release to do it. If this was for some charity other than the NA server donation fund+the creators pockets on bootlegged goods of a real NWC I could see it, but as is, no.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

If only there was a way to report this FUCKING OUTRAGEOUS act of piracy for profit.

Right?

celerystalker is a poindexter celerystalker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Does this mean we should buy all of them and sell them back to NA members at an exorbitant markup?

59 6F 75 72 20 48 44 44 20 61 64 64 69 6E 67 20 65 6D 62 61 72 72 61 73 73 69 6E 67 20 64 61 74 61
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Together we shall corner the NWC repro market!
    Mario says "... if you do drugs, you go to hell before you die."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

The NWC reproductions auction gets worse.

The user posting it is planning on making a load more copies! Guess those people who threw out the big bids early on might end up feeling like chumps? No, this is Nintendo Age. The more you overpay for shitty looking bootleg products, the cooler you are!

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Mihara
    The 10 CIB's being auctioned will be the only ones numbered, boxes signed, and have the hand written thank you letter from Thor.

We were planning on signing all carts. That's basically why he's flying in to Portland tomorrow.
    That's about right. Bringing plenty of carts to the show. CIBS that I do have are staying home, eventually, 100 CIBS will exist and 150 cart only. 250 total (25th annie)
    It's been brought to my attention that some people might not have known that there are, in fact, other CIBs to be released later and may have bid thinking there were only 10. These 10 are the only numbered versions and contain the letter from Thor and the boxes are signed by both of us.

If you feel that your bid was based on incomplete information and you want it retracted, please pm me ASAP (don't wait) and I'll adjust the top 10 list.
    I wonder why people would have that impression?!? Douche.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

Quote Originally Posted by sfchakan View Post
    Guess those people who threw out the big bids early on might end up feeling like chumps?
    Feel like chumps? They are chumps. They get what they deserve, if they want to waste money on ugly ass repros of games nobody wants to play anyway let them. There is nothing collectible about repros.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

Get in the action for LE numbered editions 1-10!

I dont mind resellers, but keep in mind that the note will be personalized to the winner. The old NWC NA PRGE repro was resold shortly after it sold out (it sold out in 3 days) for about triple it's price. It might seem expensive now, but it could pay off for you greatly in the future.

This is all you need to know about how much the NA populace is two kinds of people: a field of suckers, ripe for the plucking and those who pad their wallets with the money of those suckers. This Robin nitwit knows it and keeps milking whenever he can. So many prominent members of NA have to see the community at large as an ATM.

I can't wait for the crash to come. I think that's when I will finally start posting on NA again, laughing at all the people panicking as their investments fade away to dust. It'll be glorious.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Last edited by Tanooki; 11-09-2015 at 09:44 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

What are some good [NES] games to start out with?

http://nintendoage.com/forum/message...hreadid=153985

I have a good amount of time and money on my hands (I'm only 14, and I'm homeschooled, so that really gives me time) So I will beat all the games on the list( except for the bad ones like Hook and Karate Champ) But I'm just trying to get a good start at a large collection.

Pack it up, the hobby is over.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

To be fair, it's ridiculous to chastise an entire community because of the decisions of one person. I'm not a fan of Robin but he's very inactive on NA these days. He's not even close to symbolizing what the forum represents.

My initials thoughts were "Wow, wish I print off games with my signature everytime I wanted money" but I'm mature enough to internalize it and not derail his thread. He can do what he wants and if people want to buy it then kudos to them. He also is known for notoriously pricing his overpriced VGA stuff to the point of absurdity. It's one thing when you post something with a gag price because you don't want it to sell (just for publicity), it is another thing to continually relist your games several times over multiple years at the same exact price, probably 10x-20x "fair" value.

For all of these arguments against NA, be glad you aren't a part of Facebook groups. It's one thing to care about the value of your collectibles (even though many of you wish they'd go to zero, which won't happen), but it is another thing to collect solely for prestige among internet "friends" you don't even know. There are definitely collectors out there who care more about showing off their new acquisition on social media than owning it or playing it. For some people their entire collecting path is defined by "what will get me the most likes on Instagram".

You can blame NA, but forums are actually more popular around the mid to late 20s and up crew. This new generation of teen collectors are much more entwined on FB / IG / etc. Forums aren't "cool" with that age group at all. You can be a part of this forum, hate another forum, and the younger generation doesn't know or care about any of them.
    WTB Clayfighter Sculptor's Cut Manual Only... PM ME!!

Strawberry (Level 2) Manhattan Sports Club's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am an active user of NA, Sega-16, and sometimes, DigitPress. I have seen just as much buffoonery on NA as I have on Sega-16 and here, despite being a faithful member of all three. But really, I am no chauvinist and would gladly excise them from my life like a tumor if I felt they had double crossed me in some way that they could not reasonably defend. There is no perfection in any community I've been to, but I've been to ones that were a whole lot more close-minded and arrogant. FlyingOmelette was one of them. Terribly weeaboo community that believes nobody ever played/bought Halo and that Final Fantasy and Chrono Trigger are still the top dogs in the industry. Then you have Shmups on System16 who expects me to worship them for being able to spend hundreds and beat impossible cookie-cutter games. They once regarded me as an idiot because Shikigami no Shiro on Xbox is not an 'accurate port' like the Dreamcast version. There was also a Sega Saturn forum in the UK that was run by a blithering crybaby. I've stopped pledging myself too much to any community since they begin to become too accustomed to you thinking a certain way and most community opinions are extremely niche and clique-ish. In other words, they're written by people who don't have any social life to know they're wrong. I actually was buying into this collectivist bullshit at some time in my life, especially when I was younger and thinking the niche views expressed on GameFAQs was the gospel truth in terms of what is really legit in the gaming world. But to think that NA is committing more cardinal sins than DP or S16 is bullshit. I have never seen any more BS from them than I have on any community dedicated to a particular subject.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Hi Jonebone, and well said about Robin. I don't think everyone here is entirely busting NA's chops over Robin's mindless greedy behavior, it's just a symptom at best. He's just not a good person at all, a greedy shameless self promoter of his own failures like they're accomplishments and kudos for him being able to find weak minded slugs to worship him for some depraved reason and be happy to throw good sums of money at him for it. If he has a thread over at NA I hope no one is actively trolling it, not that it's not deserved, but it shows no class as it sounds like you're saying someone did that. Robin is kind of like that unstable attention seeker Pat, only shows up to make money and self promote, otherwise drops off for weeks/months at a time or more. They dont' care unless it gets them attention, fame, and money...the forums are nothing more than a tool to get money like an ATM. They're internet based kardashians going for the attention whoring and the cash and if something can't get them one or both, they're not interested.

You're right though, get into the pre-20s group and it's about social media because sadly those of that age were brought up to not give two shits about having a privacy switch, a private life, and separating online from off -- it WILL bite them in the ass once they hit the job world in many cases since lots of HR d-bags love to troll online places to get rid of people, or to find a reason not to interview for a job. I've got a locked and blocked facebook for very few people, and that's where I stopped it and personal stuff never gets posted, that can be saved for private messages or real conversation.

I actually was curious off and on what some collecting/gaming facebook sites would be like, but I had no idea how to find them for trades or other junk. I ended up some years ago instead on reddit and found a few places with some ok but not heavy traffic I'll peek at every day or few and that's about it, but at least a search could turn those up. Facebook is a hot mess trying to find anything DP/NA/RB forum like for discussion on a social media level as everyone feels they need to start their own group.

Manhattan about that last sentence, I hope you're right, but have those other sites actively stalked members off site and then threatened to ban them (or done it) because of what they do elsewhere? That's what always crossed the line to me. Demanding people behave and do stuff in real life off the internet, or at least off site, how they want it, or you're banned and stories will get handed around like some childish 1950s commie blacklisting list. If they do, good thing I never bothered as Sega16 was an interest I never signed on to do years in the past when I had the systems.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

Quote Originally Posted by jonebone View Post
    To be fair, it's ridiculous to chastise an entire community because of the decisions of one person. I'm not a fan of Robin but he's very inactive on NA these days. He's not even close to symbolizing what the forum represents.
    He's far from the only one to shit out runs of repros/homebrews with idiotic gimmicks/limited editions just to make bank.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Today, for the first time, I realized how "HOT" Nintendo is

http://nintendoage.com/forum/message...hreadid=154219

Some nice action by NA mods in that one.