Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Opinions On Nintendo Age?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Hey bounce long time no see.

Wow fiery really was kind of asking for it with that magic cart, though the underlying humor about what it is says a lot with the reaction.

The only real interesting there is some snark thrown back this way doesnt even address the problems perceived at hand, it's just half wit goon commentary instead to try and deflect.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    elusiveshame

Says the man who was severely butthurt when he was banned for the last time, and who begged to come back after his first banning and all the DP trash talk you did on your short visit to NA.

Halfwit? No sir, that would be yourself. You're pissed off at so much because you just hate yourself.
    Currently Playing: Super Mario RPG (Wii VC), Ghostbusters (Wii), DJ Hero (360, 5* All songs on Expert), Mario Kart Wii

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

Quote Originally Posted by FieryReign View Post
    Not banned. They just suck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daria View Post
    HNNNNNNNGGGGGHHHHHHH. So good.

Quote Originally Posted by dra600n View Post
    Says the man who was severely butthurt when he was banned for the last time, and who begged to come back after his first banning and all the DP trash talk you did on your short visit to NA.

Halfwit? No sir, that would be yourself. You're pissed off at so much because you just hate yourself.
    NA members really need to stay in their safe zone actually on NA, because this is what happens when they leave. Did you seriously accuse someone of hating themselves? Isn't that the definition of a NA user?

Insert Coin (Level 0) BouncekDeLemos's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    BouncekDeLemos

Can't wait to see the day when we can all just squash the beef and resolve this trivial feud between communities rather than further perpetuate this negative high school banter. It doesn't help anything and gets people nowhere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Thanks port I had wreck it Ralph there on ignore. Adam I never begged anyone ever to come back and if you consider 4 years there short I question that too. Stop riding your fantasy and return to reality. This tired ass bipolar schizo behavior is beyond old.

The only thing I hate are people like you who abuse people Hiding behind staff buddies to repeatedly fuck with people to get their rocks off which you've done to quite a few over there. Reply if you want I won't see it because you're still blocked unless someone quotes it again as arguing with mentally unstable trash like you is a waste of my time and others here too having to read it. My suggestion to you, see a good phd and get on meds and if you're on them already get them adjusted as you're just not right in the head at all and the endless childish behavior says a lot about you having to make crap up to justify acting the way you do and it's sad.
    Last edited by Tanooki; 09-26-2015 at 02:12 PM.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dra600n View Post

Why is it that just about every time I see a regular NA users posting outside of NA, it's always hate filled dribble?
    I'm not the only one to notice this, right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Last edited by Tanooki; 11-09-2015 at 09:37 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    BouncekDeLemos

I will agree that not everyone's a saint, but I cannot agree that every single person that comes from NA to here is what everyone else's claiming them to be.

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

This should be in off topic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Yeah it should, and no not everyone from NA comes here to troll bounce, stick around and you'll see that. There are plenty enough of the decent types who post too in a friendly way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    BouncekDeLemos

^ Oh yeah I know that and I totally agree. But there does seem to be an extreme... probably due to trolling.

To answer the question about the topic here (to stay on topic), my opinion on NA is that they're overall nice people. I've helped develop games and artwork for a few of them (homebrew and the like) and in my opinion, it's a pretty tight community.

Yeah I had differences with very very few of them, but settled the differences and kept on truckin'. Overall, it's not that bad as it's being made out to be.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

On and one by one basis you're right, nice people around. While some of the stuff said here could have been said nicer or a bit nicer, there isn't anything that's wrongly said either though that does rub quite a few people the wrong way and that's really the root of the problem. It's not the individual persay it's certain individuals and the management style of what things or said things can or can't be allowed which not only stay on site where they should but follow elsewhere which should be no ones business.

Cherry (Level 1) leatherrebel5150's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BouncekDeLemos View Post
    ^ Oh yeah I know that and I totally agree. But there does seem to be an extreme... probably due to trolling.

To answer the question about the topic here (to stay on topic), my opinion on NA is that they're overall nice people. I've helped develop games and artwork for a few of them (homebrew and the like) and in my opinion, it's a pretty tight community.

Yeah I had differences with very very few of them, but settled the differences and kept on truckin'. Overall, it's not that bad as it's being made out to be.
    As one of the people that bounce did artwork for I can say he is a great person and artist.

I dont want people to misunderstand and think I have something against NA because i dont. It was the first place i ended up when i started collecting and i bought much of my collection there in my early years and learned alot.

I just cant stand the idea of people trying to dictate what others do with their property. As i tried to point out earlier in the thread. But in reality they cant actually stop you from doing anything.

As the years have gone on I post less and less there because threads gets repetative and I learn less and less. But I huess that comes with being in the hobby so long, youve seen and heard it all before.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

That's fair and much of my story too right down to some art Bouncy there did for a GBA game I had as well (DQM Caravan Heart *english*) Things just change is all. And I agree NA itself I have nothing against, nor do I many of the members, it's just some of the few staff or not who pull elitist tactics, dictating what you can/can't do with your paid property, stalking off site to remove people, buddying up to staff so you can get away with breaking attack rules, and the whole non-published rules too. It's stuff like that, and that's it. I've got friends/connections still there, and I've long since changed my posting style as I quit actively buying/caring really and my ISP too, I could be back there right now and no one would be the wiser (but I'm not.) Things have contracted to where as you said, very repetitive, and of course the darker aspects I want nothing to do with anymore. I don't care if someone is a member or a staffer there or not, it's the individual and in the end due to the database of years worth of posts you can easily 'site:nintendoage.com SOMETHING' do in google it's still a solid resource in that respect.

Banana (Level 7) snes_collector's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The crowd there is just so different than it is here, and for people who have been on here and other forums for years it just isn't the same. Just the entire collecting community has changed, due to everything being worth something now. I love the idea of homebrews and releasing undumped protos but I do not like the idea of limited runs where I have to check the forum every day to make sure I didn't miss something I may enjoy. The lack of gameplay talk is disappointing too, and people are afraid to even talk about games now they are afraid the prices will go up. One thing that does have me excited is that new NES clone that is supposed to be coming out soon with built in scoreboard function- basically a online leaderboard for NES games. That should be pretty fun whenever that happens.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

See that's not even a Nintendoage problem, that's an illness and symptom issue really if you're into old games. I got started with it now 20 years ago buying old games and only in the last 5 has it turned progressively uglier. Sure NA has a gaming area of the forum and it's lighter, but that could be said about here, and fairly many others. I think due to that Let's Retro thing Racketboy is a good stand out against that since they switch it up monthly and leave it fairly broad (like this month is Mario Golf, there's 5 games in that.) Play for the month, have fun, write about experiences, or if you don't play, still talk about when you last did and maybe share some tips.

You really can't blame much of anyone not wanting to talk up a Nintendo based cartridge console game, it has once turned into sharing cool stuff people may like into playing russian roulette with your wallet and everyone else's too which is a shame. When you're a big enough site either a forum or a pay place like ebay/amazon which have sales history and discussion areas setting an example is good way to tip off unscrupulous people into trying to ram the value up on the next great thing. Sadly it's best to shut up or keep it between people which is depressing to a point. At least with homebrews or pirates people like to call reproductions to feel more saintly about it, you're getting something off the market that's more unique and if it's well made it may be worth it. But as you said, numbered releases are a sickening rabidly gobbled up curse which I don't even want to get into as that's beaten to death in this thread already. They all should be full releases, just made maybe in small chunks so extra stock isn't lying around at a loss, otherwise like legit games they hit ebay with a heavy jerk tax attached.

...and yes if bunny ever finishes it that scoreboard enabled NES of his seems like a nice idea. It'll definitely be a community niche within a nice collectors box as it's doubtful it will be comparably cheap to a real NES to where someone would value that added bit of it in their interests versus other options on the open market. I just hope for his sake it gets out there and he can back up and move into other projects I recall he wanted to do such as a v2 of his Powerpak.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The fact is. Nintendo AGE is SEVERELY over moderated and their moderators do no moderating of the sort! They pick and choose favorites. The place just sucks. I tried to go back and get interested in the place, but it's such a shitty vibe. Its a shit forum.

Atari Age is not far behind. Very similar. Very much over moderated by guys who think they are special (like NA) and they don't understand the definition of "moderator". They think being a moderator means they can judge people and their opinion and if they don't like it, poof they will shit on your face and then click their little ban button because it makes them feel special. And to make themselves feel even more special they announce who they banned so they can get congratulations from their admirers (forum lackeys) who hope and pray to someday be a big bad moderator themselves.

God forbid you have a mind and opinion of your own that does not match up with the m(Asses).

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

What people who go on about "over moderation" tend to forget is DP used to be like that too, but with less favoritism and more 'get your shit out of here'. Were this pre-2007 DP, most of the long bitchfights we've had would have been force-ably ended after five posts and people like FieryReign would have been dealt with after post one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I wouldn't call that over moderation if it's truly even handed. I also wouldn't call it over moderation if they kept the reasoning to the confines of DP. When you start stalking people on ebay or elsewhere harassing them for stuff some butt hurt member is offended by threatening punishment or banishment, that's over the line just as much as staff telling you what you have the right to do or not to do with stuff you legally own. And when you start covering friends asses bad behavior while going after others who aren't on your buddy list, that too crosses the line into over moderation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Greetings!

I've decided that I want to start becoming a retro Nintendo collector focusing on just NES & SNES to start. Those are the systems I grew up playing. I recently purchased a Wii U and It's bringing back all those memories. I've always been a collector type of a person. Collecting MTG, Pokemon, Sports and Marvel trading cards since I was just a little kid. So this idea of collecting NES & SNES stuff is just really energizing and exciting to me. As of right now I have NOTHING lol. I'm going to try and hit up some garage sales hopefully this weekend to just get my collection started. I know I want to start with the most basic of things, like the Mario & Zelda games as an example. Obviously I need to sill get a the systems too. If you have any tips or ideas for me that would be great. Maybe some tips of forums, groups, facebook pages I should join?

Thanks so much!

http://nintendoage.com/forum/message...rtRow=1#bottom

Wew