Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Quote Originally Posted by o.pwuaioc View Post
    I don't understand any part of this post. The third sentence I probably could have, but it's an incomplete thought. But the first two sentences? Huh?
    Pretty sure he just called the NA mods a group of Nazis.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daria View Post
    Edit: I was going to argue that I've never experienced any sexism at NA in response to port's addendum but then goes this guy running off his mouth.
    Interestingly enough, part of why that was relevant at the time is what was going on. While we were talking about rare licensed NES games and bitching about NA, NA was dealing with some social fallout.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Quote Originally Posted by JSoup View Post
    Interestingly enough, part of why that was relevant at the time is what was going on. While we were talking about rare licensed NES games and bitching about NA, NA was dealing with some social fallout.
    Yeah that's pretty disgusting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

What Should I Collect Next, NES or SNES?

There are alot of factors to consider, But Number #1 is which of the two Consoles Librarys have gone up in Value over the years, I dont want to regret not picking up a certain game or two that later could be worth hundreds. (Little Samson) or (Hagane).

which Library would you invest your Time and "Hard Earned Cash" on?

http://nintendoage.com/forum/message...rtRow=1#bottom

I should stop, but I keep seeing examples of problems in the 'collector community' manifested regularly at Nintendo Age.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Last edited by Tanooki; 11-09-2015 at 09:26 PM.

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

I think this should be an example of

"hey things could be worse here"

I think most of the level headed people around here would keep that sort of traffic in check
    maybe here at DP we can bring the collections to be more about the games and less about the money.

long story short...

it could be a lot worse, Joe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Last edited by Tanooki; 11-09-2015 at 09:26 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Yeah you came up the 4 years I was there, never did get why the negativity around it as I just don't see the problem. I didn't when I was happy there, and after either. I know my post count was up there, but I was stuck at the time so I was on there a lot and responded to anything thrown my way directly or was interesting at the time so it was just an effect of it. Starting some anti-NA movement sounds like a time waster as the self destruction alone seems to have taken some toll considering you can hit a lot of forums around that cover Nintendo and you can use the search tool and find some less than happy people about one thing or another and it's not the usual sour grapes over being tossed but you get that anywhere really regardless if someone was tossed or it's just an observation.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Bobo Mcloud's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I visit the NA site among others twice daily and I've met some really cool and helpful people, sure there are some idiots and assholes but it's the internet!
    I've only been a member here for a little while but I've seen quite a few "entitled" people who are exactly the same as the people they are complaining about.
    About VGA, 90% of members hate VGA and think it's a joke so I'm not sure who is getting in trouble for voicing their opinions on the subject.
    Will pay big $$$ for N64 prototypes

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by portnoyd View Post
    Btw, skcin7, you have absolutely no ground to stand on dumping on NintendoAge. You know why.
    Oh, please do share.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Edit: Had 2nd thoughts, so ignore this...
    Last edited by Leo_A; 09-09-2015 at 10:32 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Delete
    Last edited by skcin7; 04-02-2023 at 10:21 AM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I suppose I'll be a minor voice of dissent. I like NA for the most part. It's my 3rd or 4th most read forum and I end up posting there a lot more than here, though I admit I probably enjoy the posts here a lot more on average. They are a lot more active though so there are a lot more opportunities to have a discussion.

I agree completely that they are much more collector focused than gamer focused. I don't consider that necessarily a bad thing though, they are a collecting forum. There are a million places to talk about gaming and they have a great gaming forum as well. If some prefer the collecting side of things though, I say live and let live.

I've never felt like I couldn't post what I wanted to post on something. I'm very anti VGA and have posted that many times. But I don't go looking for VGA threads to crap on. Even when I do post that I'm against it I do so respectfully. I've been a member for a little over 3 years and never even been modded. Are there some serious jerks there? Absolutely. Are they a bit heavy with the ban hammer? Definitely. The buy/sell section has gone to hell too. I have only done one transaction there in the last year whereas I used to do them regularly. eBay is almost always cheaper. At the end of the day though, the jerks are far outnumbered by the good people and the amount of knowledge and discussion is hard to beat. I've only posted in 37 threads so far this year, which breaks down to about 4 a month so I'm not particularly active there anymore for that matter but I still find it a worthwhile forum.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Quote Originally Posted by Bing147 View Post
    I suppose I'll be a minor voice of dissent. I like NA for the most part. It's my 3rd or 4th most read forum and I end up posting there a lot more than here, though I admit I probably enjoy the posts here a lot more on average. They are a lot more active though so there are a lot more opportunities to have a discussion.

I agree completely that they are much more collector focused than gamer focused. I don't consider that necessarily a bad thing though, they are a collecting forum. There are a million places to talk about gaming and they have a great gaming forum as well. If some prefer the collecting side of things though, I say live and let live.

I've never felt like I couldn't post what I wanted to post on something. I'm very anti VGA and have posted that many times. But I don't go looking for VGA threads to crap on. Even when I do post that I'm against it I do so respectfully. I've been a member for a little over 3 years and never even been modded. Are there some serious jerks there? Absolutely. Are they a bit heavy with the ban hammer? Definitely. The buy/sell section has gone to hell too. I have only done one transaction there in the last year whereas I used to do them regularly. eBay is almost always cheaper. At the end of the day though, the jerks are far outnumbered by the good people and the amount of knowledge and discussion is hard to beat. I've only posted in 37 threads so far this year, which breaks down to about 4 a month so I'm not particularly active there anymore for that matter but I still find it a worthwhile forum.
    I may have come off as negative with my original post. And I stand by my complaints, but let me reiterate I like NA. I'm fairly active there, and really any forum that size is going to have it's fair share of issues. You kind of have to take the good with the bad and not get sucked into the drama.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

What Daria says. NA has issues, but there are people there I enjoy chatting with and the off hand topic I'll post in. Pretty much every forum you'd like to mention has problems like that, nothings perfect.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by skcin7 View Post
    I absolutely do have every ground to stand on for the way I feel about NintendoAge, same as you. I have literally thousands of positive transactions with people over the years and no negative feedback. I am an honest person, and very passionate about collecting and retro-gaming, and one of the easiest, friendliest, and quickest traders to deal with. We've both seen and experienced many similar things about how that community has become over the years. So I absolutely do have every ground to stand on for how I feel about it.
    Man, I don't come around here much, but I am one that loves nostalgia. Has it really been almost 10 years? Skcin7, you know you aren't supposed to be here, isn't that right vididiots? or was it /b/tard? Or is it Nick333? or is it burnambill333? Maybe it was mister_slug? Or even don_bills? Nah it has to be bananaphone812.

If you want some reading to check out Skcin7's "honesty" feel free to check out:

http://forum.digitpress.com/forum/sh...NEW-INFO-12-06

and

http://nintendoage.com/auth/forum/me...threadid=17560
    #vbender

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Last edited by skcin7; 10-28-2015 at 03:04 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

As a rule of thumb when I deal with people on the internet I generally get a red flag about a person when they feel the need to use an infinite amount of different usernames...
    zomg I have a sig

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Emuaust View Post
    As a rule of thumb when I deal with people on the internet I generally get a red flag about a person when they feel the need to use an infinite amount of different usernames...
    Even before finding that out, for me the big red flag is one a user, without being accused of anything specific, immediately calls himself an "honest person", and then proceeds to list all their good qualities. This is maximized when the first line of defense is "I've never been found guilty of anything."

I don't know this user or hang around NA, so maybe it's all unfair, but those are definite signs to stay away.

Edit: Looking at those threads, holy shit this guy is super slimy. Why is he not banned again for evading a ban?
    Last edited by o.pwuaioc; 09-10-2015 at 05:52 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Delete
    Last edited by skcin7; 04-02-2023 at 10:21 AM.