Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Opinions On Nintendo Age?

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by skcin7 View Post
    I do not recognize the mister_slug username, and I also don't recognize many of the other usernames that are said to be me. Some of them I do recognize, like burnambill333.

I really did not want this thread to derail to about me. It's like you guys are accusing me of "beating my wife" when I didn't do it to begin with. This is the type of shit that derail's a politicians campaign when it gets into silly season, and these types of attacks have no basis. Unfortunately this has stuck to me and I've been trying to get it resolved for years now, and yet it keeps getting brought up over and over again. NO I did not reseal any games. NO I was not arrested. That's laughable.
    For the record, all of the user names that were mentioned by me above were tied to the same IP address, as part of the moderation team back in 2006, we collectively decided to ban all alternate Nick Morgan accounts from Digital Press due to scamming the community.
    #vbender

celerystalker is a poindexter celerystalker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Milenko View Post
    Personally, I don't care. I was just trying to clear my own name up from misinformation that started within the thread.
    I'm honestly confused, so forgive me if I missed something, but I didn't see your name cited anywhere here in order to need defending. Skcin is the only one I've seen called into question, and nobody knew who you were... they thought you were an alt. How did that compel you to join up to defend your unknown name?

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Quote Originally Posted by celerystalker View Post
    I'm honestly confused, so forgive me if I missed something, but I didn't see your name cited anywhere here in order to need defending. Skcin is the only one I've seen called into question, and nobody knew who you were... they thought you were an alt. How did that compel you to join up to defend your unknown name?
    It's really tough keeping those alt accounts straight.

Edit: I also love how Nick's skcin7 account's first post on DP was to dredge up a 4 month old NA bashing thread.
    Last edited by Daria; 09-10-2015 at 10:26 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You misunderstood what I was talking about.

I said what I had to say about skcin7, then someone went and googled my nick and his. So that's where I had to defend myself.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Last edited by Tanooki; 11-09-2015 at 09:28 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

You misunderstood what I was talking about.

I said what I had to say about skcin7, then someone went and googled my nick and his. So that's where I had to defend myself.
    If that's the case, I feel compelled once again to question your motives for joining Digital Press as a community, because there are a million better ways than jumping unknown and unannounced into a volatile conversation. I can only see three reasons from what you've said.

1. You randomly stumbled into this thread, which has nothing to do with skcin in its title, and felt compelled to create an account and jump in to save the good name of someone you already have a place to trade with on reddit.

2. You have beef with portnoyd, and decided this was a great chance to bring whatever bullshit feud you have to another venue.

3. You're an alt, and that's why someone Googled your nick.

I would hope it would be none of these, but your intro to this forum directly raises the question.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Delete
    Last edited by skcin7; 04-02-2023 at 10:23 AM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If that's the case, I feel compelled once again to question your motives for joining Digital Press as a community, because there are a million better ways than jumping unknown and unannounced into a volatile conversation. I can only see three reasons from what you've said.

1. You randomly stumbled into this thread, which has nothing to do with skcin in its title, and felt compelled to create an account and jump in to save the good name of someone you already have a place to trade with on reddit.

2. You have beef with portnoyd, and decided this was a great chance to bring whatever bullshit feud you have to another venue.

3. You're an alt, and that's why someone Googled your nick.

I would hope it would be none of these, but your intro to this forum directly raises the question.
    I was given the link by another member and signed up to leave my two cents because it was funny, nothing more. No beef with anybody, I love portnoyd. And I'm definitely not an alt. I would have been fine just leaving it at my first post, I stand by that to date dude hasn't screwed me over. That's all I really have to say about the guy. All I asked for was proof of his shenanigans and then got called an alt lol

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Well I don't recognize many of those usernames, GrandAmChandler, and regardless of usernames, I am innocent of the things you accuse me of, and I certainly never scammed anyone. The thread you point to happened when I was 17, and I'm 28 now. 11 years have passed since then, and I have more positive transactions with people than most people have posts. I get it, this is the Internet, you're probably bored and don't have much better to do, and trashing somebody's reputation is lulz worthy. There's a lot of lulz in this sort of thing. But let it go man.

To give you an idea of how much GrandAmChandler hates me, I won a copy of Wayne's World for Game Boy from him on eBay a few years ago, paid for it immediately, didn't even know it was GrandAmChandler. The next day I get a refund, and when I tried to email him through eBay to ask why, I found out that I was blocked! I didn't even know what happened or why until a few days later when I found him trashing my name on NintendoAge. I was so tempted to leave you negative feedback man, and honestly you deserve it and worse, but I decided it would be a better idea not to and let you keep your perfect rating. I've tried so many times to patch things up with you and you continue to choose to hate me. What does this say about your maturity level. Stop trashing my reputation. If you have a complaint about me or something I do, then tell people and give them actual evidence, and allow me a chance to defend myself. Don't trash people behind their back in a place where they are banned and can't defend themselves. I suggest you grow up and we put this behind us once and for all.
    So what you are saying is everything has always been a misunderstanding? That everything claimed in the threads linked is a lie? Heck you even lied about getting arrested? The main problem is no one knows what to believe anymore. Especially when there are direct quotes that contradict your statement: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showth...=1#post2176952

I have no reason to "trash" your reputation, you have done that to yourself plenty in this thread alone. As far as Wayne's World goes, I refuse to deal with you due to your past issues with the retro gaming community.
    #vbender

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SkaarDragoon

cocks
    <Sothy> its the internet <Sothy> who cares

Quote Originally Posted by Daltone View Post
    This is a classic gaming site and the most active thread is a load of people wanking off to my little pony.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

I was given the link by another member and signed up to leave my two cents because it was funny, nothing more. No beef with anybody, I love portnoyd. And I'm definitely not an alt. I would have been fine just leaving it at my first post, I stand by that to date dude hasn't screwed me over. That's all I really have to say about the guy. All I asked for was proof of his shenanigans and then got called an alt lol
    Here's the thing... Digital Press is a long-standing, established community, and they have every right to protect that community from scams and incindieries. I've only been a member for about a year. I'm not a beloved old hand. They have, though, allowed me a place to come and talk about things I'm interested in that not a lot of people in my real life get into, and I've had the opportunity to hear their takes as well. Joining up solely to question the right of this community to warn about a known scammer, whether recent or not, is absolutely the wrong thing to do. Whether skcin was a kid or not when whatever went down, actions have consequences, and you don't just get a pass because you're older. Digital Press does not owe re-entry if the members and mods don't feel comfortable with it, and if you want to weigh in on that, you should make an earnest attempt at contributing to the forums through sharing ideas on the litany of topics available.

This is the only place I post anywhere. Nothing to promote, nothing to profit other than getting to share in mutual interests with others. Dropping in to leave one disruptive post and feeling good about it is a bitch move.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Well I don't recognize many of those usernames, GrandAmChandler, and regardless of usernames, I am innocent of the things you accuse me of, and I certainly never scammed anyone. The thread you point to happened when I was 17, and I'm 28 now. 11 years have passed since then, and I have more positive transactions with people than most people have posts.
    So which is it? You're innocent or you made mistakes as a teenage?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Here's the thing... Digital Press is a long-standing, established community, and they have every right to protect that community from scams and incindieries. I've only been a member for about a year. I'm not a beloved old hand. They have, though, allowed me a place to come and talk about things I'm interested in that not a lot of people in my real life get into, and I've had the opportunity to hear their takes as well. Joining up solely to question the right of this community to warn about a known scammer, whether recent or not, is absolutely the wrong thing to do. Whether skcin was a kid or not when whatever went down, actions have consequences, and you don't just get a pass because you're older. Digital Press does not owe re-entry if the members and mods don't feel comfortable with it, and if you want to weigh in on that, you should make an earnest attempt at contributing to the forums through sharing ideas on the litany of topics available.

This is the only place I post anywhere. Nothing to promote, nothing to profit other than getting to share in mutual interests with others. Dropping in to leave one disruptive post and feeling good about it is a bitch move.
    I've lurked here for a while. I created the account to make one comment and add a different view to the onslaught. I don't care if he got banned, gets banned, was banned, is banned. Stole some shit, didnt, etc etc.

If by "making a disruptive comment" means giving a personal view of things opposite other people, then oh shit my bad! Also, nowhere did I question his ban or re-entry, or even suggest such a thing. All I asked for was proof he did dumb shit, because again, I never experienced it.

All I said was I personally have not had a problem with the kid and wanted to see what was provided as proof. That was it. I got my answers, yet people took it upon themselves to stir even more shit, claim I said things that I did not, accuse me of being an alt account and question my motives, ones that I keep fucking repeating.. So, that sir.. was a bitch move.

I would have been done talking about it and this thread would be about 100% less shitty if everyone just quit stirring shit, don't you think your beloved community deserves that?

Can we get back to the topic at hand? Dude asked about NintendoAge; personal opinion about NA, a lot of elitists but its a treasure trove of information.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

As GAC said, IP threads matched, dude's a liar. Who cares? That he still lies about it 11 years later makes him still untrustworthy. But again, who cares. NA sucks donkey dick. For the last time, too, no fucks are given.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by o.pwuaioc View Post
    As GAC said, IP threads matched, dude's a liar. Who cares? That he still lies about it 11 years later makes him still untrustworthy. But again, who cares. NA sucks donkey dick. For the last time, too, no fucks are given.
    Yeah, but they got a lot of fucking info up there. I've gotten out of so many bad deals because of peoples cart and board scans.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Can we try and stay on topic here, this could go into another thread.

Also by pulling a completed sale on a gameboy game on ebay and then refunding it, that would be hall of shame worthy by NA standards, at least when I was there, regardless if the buyer is a known problem or not. Just something to consider. Sales should always be honored, and if you don't want to deal with someone, ebay has a blocking tool.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    Can we try and stay on topic here, this could go into another thread.

Also by pulling a completed sale on a gameboy game on ebay and then refunding it, that would be hall of shame worthy by NA standards, at least when I was there, regardless if the buyer is a known problem or not. Just something to consider. Sales should always be honored, and if you don't want to deal with someone, ebay has a blocking tool.
    I'm pretty sure NA would make an exception in Nick's honor.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daria View Post
    So which is it? You're innocent or you made mistakes as a teenage?
    Innocent.
    Last edited by skcin7; 09-11-2015 at 01:52 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

I've lurked here for a while. I created the account to make one comment and add a different view to the onslaught. I don't care if he got banned, gets banned, was banned, is banned. Stole some shit, didnt, etc etc.

If by "making a disruptive comment" means giving a personal view of things opposite other people, then oh shit my bad! Also, nowhere did I question his ban or re-entry, or even suggest such a thing. All I asked for was proof he did dumb shit, because again, I never experienced it.

All I said was I personally have not had a problem with the kid and wanted to see what was provided as proof. That was it. I got my answers, yet people took it upon themselves to stir even more shit, claim I said things that I did not, accuse me of being an alt account and question my motives, ones that I keep fucking repeating.. So, that sir.. was a bitch move.

I would have been done talking about it and this thread would be about 100% less shitty if everyone just quit stirring shit, don't you think your beloved community deserves that?

Can we get back to the topic at hand? Dude asked about NintendoAge; personal opinion about NA, a lot of elitists but its a treasure trove of information.
    By making a disruptive comment, I mean showing up without introduction and asking for proof after it was already rolling out in the form of previous links and personal experiences as if you have some sort of caché to add weight to his opinion. Clearly you're not new to the internet, and if you want to have an opinion on what this forum should do, be an active member, not a drive by. This forum has its rules and etiquette, and for an outsider to step in and suggest circumventing its rules for a known scammer is more ludicrous than you realize. Skcin revived this thread, you jumped in on it. That's what dragged this off topic, because no one here was talking about it for the last four months.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Innocent.
    https://www.youtube.com/all_comments...MUJTuDXnbXr9lQ

Circumstantial. But funny. Stay away from the shrink-wrap machines man, it's not helping your public image.

edit: Original comment deleted. But saved for posterity.

Last edited by Daria; 09-11-2015 at 02:03 AM.