Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Opinions On Nintendo Age?

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gentlegamer View Post
    They don't want people to know how things were before collectards and resellers ruined the hobby.
    Talk about sensing bitterness.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Gentlegamer View Post
    They don't want people to know how things were before collectards and resellers ruined the hobby.
    Probably, yeah. If you got in the collecting scene say pre-2007, and you did the bulk of your buying before then, you're probably golden. If you got in say post-2012, then yeah, I can see why people bitch... all I can say is man am I glad the SNES bug bit me a good handful of years before it did most everyone else (January 2006). I beat the "nostalgia train" by at least 2-4 years or so. My collection wouldn't nearly be anything it is today had I got back in the hobby say, in 2012. Therefore, from a personal stand point, it doesn't bother me much one way or the other when I hear that games like Hagane have exploded to $500. Once I get a game, that's it. OTOH, if I was still searching for a copy of Hagane, of course I would be a bit exasperated. Basically, it's good to be "retired" from the collecting scene as price no longer bothers me. It would only if I were still searching.

NA also likes to complain about youtubers making certain games more expensive. Again, I don't care as I already got all the games I ever wanted. There are definitely benefits to being "done" when it comes to buying games

RVGFANATIC: SNES, Saturn, mad ramblings and more
    RELIVE | REMEMBER | REPLAY

Brand new URL!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Last edited by Tanooki; 11-09-2015 at 09:32 PM.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Azathoth1488
    PSN
    Azathoth_IKA
    3DS Friend
    4313-0753-9074

Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    NA also likes to complain about youtubers making certain games more expensive.
    This is something I've heard coming from several different places and I just don't understand the logic behind it. So you're all salty because someone brought attention toward something that might have otherwise gone unnoticed by the unwashed masses?

This could only be one of two things; either you've been searching and don't own the game yet, or you're wanting to somehow hoard the game experience as if it is something only a select few are deserving of. Maybe you passed on the game when it was first released? Tough shit, your mistake. Living in a post-eBay world where almost any commercial title is available 24/7 you've been too tight to open your wallet and pay the current asking prices, now they've shot up even more? Tough shit on another mistake.

The vast majority of the time if you're just wanting to play an older game then your options are virtually both unlimited and free. The barrier to playing on original hardware or own a physical copy of some type might be slightly higher but is definitely low entry unless you expressly want 100% real parts. To experience a retro game usually costs nothing. But then you're crossing the line between gamer and collector, which I guess is like comparing apples to oranges or a goodnight kiss to sexual homicide.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Last edited by Tanooki; 11-09-2015 at 09:33 PM.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    I wouldn't call that bitterness as much as an accurate yet blunt assessment of things.
    Being bitter and being accurate are not mutually exclusive concepts.

You could easily swap out other items for games (beanie babies, pogs, baseball cards, pokemon cards, comic books, etc.) You have that smaller base of people with honest genuine long standing interest and they want things explode around them due to a convergence of lots of stupid and greedy stuff and it's clear the only thing you can logically point back to are collectors who don't think and just grab at any cost and the filth who keep raising the price along side the non-thinking demand to ever higher levels.
    Not...really. Retro game collectors are one of the few collector groups that has actively tried to screw itself via brute force market control. Beanie Babies, Pogs and baseball cards were all (mostly) efforts by the manufacture saying "hey, this is rare because I said so!" and everyone else going "wow, that must be rare because they said so!" with little to no fan regulation beyond that. Sprinkle in a few low print run products and some advertising to make a big deal about it and the system starts to print it's own money. Pokemon cards are a whole 'nother thing all on their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Az View Post
    This is something I've heard coming from several different places and I just don't understand the logic behind it.
    I seem to recall we had a topic about this...somewhere. Might have been on vbender, I don't remember. But someone had dug up some statistics showing that there has only really ever been one game that has had it's price driven up due to a video. I'll see if I can find it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Last edited by Tanooki; 11-09-2015 at 09:33 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Mario's Right Nut's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Smile

This thread is awesome. Just sayin'.

Mr. Morgan, stay classy.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

Quote Originally Posted by Mario's Right Nut View Post
    This thread is awesome. Just sayin'.

Mr. Morgan, stay classy.
    Come on guys, you aren't trying hard enough. You've gotten only ONE Grade A NintendoAge goofball to post in this thread. When I did it, I got like 6. STEP UP YO GAME, DP.

Also, skcin7 has Stockholm Syndrome, with himself. That's impressive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Last edited by Tanooki; 11-09-2015 at 09:34 PM.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Jsoup I agree entirely since the era of the collectors edition and limited run games we got since the PS2 period, but you didnt see Chrono Trigger limited to 50K copies buy now or screw you. Or a collectors box of Street Fighter 2 SNES with 8 GI Joe Kenner made world warriors for $100 either. Those games were run in mass and the whole screwing thing I was referring to was that. The game playing they do with it now either explicitly on the box, or the atrocious runs of Amiibos driving that stupidity are two different eras and forces at play.
    That was...my point. What..?

Well contribute more. You seem to have a knack for pissing them off with unfavorable information if I remember right. At least the nutter there dusted off an old account with just 9 posts. Perhaps the other 8 are just to poke a stick at the same kind of topics?
    At least 5 of the other 8 have bans coming. In that topic I linked a page ago they requested it. Since I didn't see it happen at the time, I figured I'd keep that one in the back pocket in case they ever come back to bitch.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Last edited by Tanooki; 11-09-2015 at 09:34 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Can't say I saw the link but if they did, that's fine, don't really need anymore rabble rousing from chronic white knight liars trying to throw out ninja magic smoke bombs about what goes on.
    Just to add to this, what pisses me off about those cocksuckers is they'll release reproduction runs. But if someone else does it, they break out the torches and pitchforks.

It's all illegal, why don't they understand this?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Last edited by Tanooki; 11-09-2015 at 09:35 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Pikointeractive's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

It's not understanding, it's hypocrisy and looking the other way because of how the reproductions are done.

It's a money game. Ever notice the main pre-page before the forum always has news and videos? What happens is someone makes a game that's a member to the site. They'll do one of those disgusting limited numbered runs to gin up a bunch of desperate people who have to have one before they're sold out. Often the case is that a percentage will go back to the NA wallet to pay server dues and other fluff. So often the case is that you'll find these runs help pay for the site. The press brings more people to the site since they'll happily list/sell it just there, which in turn can bring in more members, more ad hits, and more purchases from people who donate a portion as well, and perhaps even that person will want to donate too.

But if it's someone off site that doesn't bring in traffic, the warm and fuzzies die off. And if it's someone making something someone on the site finds offensive because it could harm the value of their cartridge then it's war. It's all about the money and I'm not saying that as a negative, it's just the truth.
    This... SOOO MUCH THIS.

Proto releases that help the community and make 30K in one day but somehow none if that is profit lol.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    elusiveshame

I notice all the butthurt about NA is from banned members. Wonder why
    Currently Playing: Super Mario RPG (Wii VC), Ghostbusters (Wii), DJ Hero (360, 5* All songs on Expert), Mario Kart Wii

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Not banned. They just suck.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Not banned there, even asked to be banned and did not receive it.

Even after this post.

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Quote Originally Posted by FieryReign View Post
    Not banned. They just suck.
    Wait... this isn't you?

http://nintendoage.com/forum/message...hreadid=148315

Insert Coin (Level 0) BouncekDeLemos's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    BouncekDeLemos

Okay, I was gonna go on a sour note and vent, but I'm not gonna do that. It's my first post, so I'm not gonna be a drama queen. Not one site is a saint, so we should all just get along. Simple as that.

*Bro-hugs*