Thread: SEGA Saturn loose parts/won't close...help?

loves the Game Gear too much. recorderdude's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default SEGA Saturn loose parts/won't close...help?

So, I recently purchased a SEGA saturn with a region mod switch on it, and it seemed to work half-decent. However, I heard some parts rattling around in there, and when I went to open it, I found a broken piece of plastic that looked like a screw was supposed to go in it. I couldn't find where it was supposed to go, so I figured it wasn't doing anything anyway and went to close it up. However, there was one part I couldn't screw back in for some reason or another. For some reason, the rattle was still there. When I opened it up again, I found one of the screw-holding washers appeared to have broken off its base, so I taped it back on...but somehow one of the wires for the switchmod got desoldered (that much shouldn't be hard to fix) and more importantly, I can't get my saturn to close fully with the piece back where it seems it should be, in the front-left of the system. Does anyone know where I screwed up, and how to return these loose parts to their proper place?

loves the Game Gear too much. recorderdude's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

OK, I've removed the washer piece as it appears this is what keeps the system from closing, so that much is solved. The mystery still remains, however, as to why I cannot screw back in one of the screws to the system. Here is a picture of all the parts that fell out when I opened the system (including the screw that won't go back in), two of them appear to be broken pieces of the same bit - tried to get a few angles as one of the pieces is really weird:

http://i.imgur.com/J5yVE5g.jpg

If any more pics are needed let me know, any help appreciated to get this saturn back in proper form again!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    APE992

They're from the power supply's cable connector going to the back and the rest are bits of the case. Someone over tightened things on both and they commonly break off. Best fix is to get a 3D printed replacement but you can rough up the power supply bits with sand paper and superglue it back together. Be gentle putting the screw back in because it's easy to break.
    I fix things. You name it, I'll work on it. Want something modded? Recapped?