Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help Me Recapture The Magic

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Willow didn't exactly blow my mind but it was a fun little romp. Is that what that thing was, a familiar? I managed to find one by killing an enemy somehow, I think. It just appeared and I kept trying to kill it before I realized it was helping me. I can't even remember the correct path through the final maze. I kept looping about a dozen times and managed to find the correct way by luck.

celerystalker is a poindexter celerystalker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

If you want to stay off of Nintendo, how about Black Tiger? It's probably my favorite Capcom game. I love the crap out of that one, and got to where I could one-life it.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Emperor Megas's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by celerystalker View Post
    If you want to stay off of Nintendo, how about Black Tiger? It's probably my favorite Capcom game. I love the crap out of that one, and got to where I could one-life it.
    DUUUUDE... *high five* I freaking LOVE Black Tiger!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Heheh, I'll take that high five. Black Tiger rules! I can't believe it isn't better known after being featured in Ready Player One, included in Capcom Classics 2, and being free on PSN. I would recommend it to anyone who even kind of wanted to like Ghosts 'n Goblins, because it ratchets that style up a ton and has an awesome Conan flavor. Glad to see someone else loves it!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No more games. The magic is gone. Turns out I was just forcing myself to like videogames again. It's just nostalgia. I really have no hobbies that interest me anymore, even my second love for kung fu flicks does nothing for me. I just like to drink and get doped up off the opiods the doc prescribes me for pain. If I could I'd be toking up on some good ole mary jane. I'm just a miserable person and don't know how I got this way. Probably the way I came up, combined with the passing of my mother, after not seeing her for years(my own fault). Pretty weird to see a friend and coworker lying in a coffin after committing suicide recently, as well.

Go ahead and delete this thread or close it, whatever. Fuck videogames, I'm done with them. Just a child hood memory. Game Over
    Last edited by FieryReign; 05-28-2015 at 11:16 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Sorry things aren't going well. Hope they get better for you, and that something, whatever it is, strikes a nice chord for you and at least gives you a pleasant distraction if nothing else.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Wow, you've been through a lot. I wish you the best and hope you may find whatever it is you need to help you through this difficult time.

RVGFANATIC: SNES, Saturn, mad ramblings and more
    RELIVE | REMEMBER | REPLAY

Brand new URL!

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FieryReign View Post
    No more games. The magic is gone. Turns out I was just forcing myself to like videogames again. It's just nostalgia. I really have no hobbies that interest me anymore, even my second love for kung fu flicks does nothing for me. I just like to drink and get doped up off the opiods the doc prescribes me for pain. If I could I'd be toking up on some good ole mary jane. I'm just a miserable person and don't know how I got this way. Probably the way I came up, combined with the passing of my mother, after not seeing her for years(my own fault). Pretty weird to see a friend and coworker lying in a coffin after committing suicide recently, as well.

Go ahead and delete this thread or close it, whatever. Fuck videogames, I'm done with them. Just a child hood memory. Game Over
    I'd really like to bookend this with "and nothing of value was lost".
    BUT....I feel like you might be trying a bit too hard here and expecting too much in return. You can't manufacture magic, it just sort of happens when good things come together in the right way. My advice? Slow down, stop trying to enjoy the games/movies/whathaveyou and just experience it for what it is. Either you'll find that you like it and want more, or move on to something else. Just like anything else, it's a self learning process and it takes time.

Cherry (Level 1) wizardofwor1975's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Don't give up brother. Hang in there. You sound pretty beaten down by life and it sorta sounds like your suffering from some sort of injury or illness. Maybe you can ask your doc to let you go and talk to somebody or a group of folks with similar problems or aliments. It feels good to get this stuff of your chest to people who won't judge you. I know it sounds hokey to some brother but it can help. I wish you the best. Stay strong and if you have a wife and family hang in there for them.

PS: Try playing the games with your kids or your nephews/nieces. Damn few things in this world make me happier than playing games with my boy or my girls.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by JSoup View Post
    I'd really like to bookend this with "and nothing of value was lost".
    BUT....I feel like you might be trying a bit too hard here and expecting too much in return. You can't manufacture magic, it just sort of happens when good things come together in the right way. My advice? Slow down, stop trying to enjoy the games/movies/whathaveyou and just experience it for what it is. Either you'll find that you like it and want more, or move on to something else. Just like anything else, it's a self learning process and it takes time.
    Great words of wisdom in there!

I echo those sentiments. Magic is hard to make happen... it just happens on its own.

RVGFANATIC: SNES, Saturn, mad ramblings and more
    RELIVE | REMEMBER | REPLAY

Brand new URL!

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

I'll take this moment to chime in and say it may not hurt to reach out to talk to someone via a local counseling service. Many are low-cost or free. Deciding to mix booze and opioids just compounds the negative feelings you're experiencing right now as well.

Per your request...

**lockerooni**
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog