Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fuck You, Nintendo

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Fuck You, Nintendo

So I see they're cracking down on rom sites. Removing videos on Youtube of games they didn't even fucking produce. I even hear rumblings of them getting emulators removed from Android/iOS. You must really be desperate with poor sales of your current console? So you try and pull your monopolizing garbage from the 80s? You really think people are going to buy your POS console now? No. You're just driving people away and pissing people off.

I'm done with you and will never buy anything with your name on it again. I will be selling off my entire 3DS collection with a huge smile on my face. Good riddance, Nintendo. You really fucked up this time. I spit on your grave because you will be irrelevant in the future. Good luck with everybody and buying mobile shit from this garbage company in the future. That's where they are headed and I hope they fail hard. Pussies...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That's nice? I'm going to keep liking Nintendo for making fantastic games if its all the same.
    New Comics for the Week of 10-03-12

Insert Coin (Level 0) Dashopepper's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What jerks! Game stealers unite!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dashopepper View Post
    None of my 3DS stuff is stolen, including the dozens of eshop games I paid for. You can't even put up a youtube video of their games without them getting it removed. They're only doing this because they have their own mobile emulators in the pipeline. And they are desperate. They just can't compete with the big boys anymore so they're going after the small fries. Like true pussies.

People can continue to kiss their ass all they want. I won't be one of them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dashopepper View Post
    If it's for a platform that's no longer supported and from which they are no longer making any money, it doesn't count. I can see an argument for first and second party games because there's always a slim chance they might rerelease something, but the vast majority of older third party games will never be directly sold by their respective publishers again and if the only way to purchase them is secondhand, they're not making any money from those sales anyway so there is quite literally zero harm to their bottom line. Besides, a supreme court ruling which has never been rolled back categorically stated that sharing a copy of something is not theft so all arguments to the contrary are invalid.
    Social Justice Warrior and proud of it!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Let's not forget about them purposefully shortaging those dumb amiibo things, just to get fanboys acting like nutcases. Or the whole NWC debacle.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FieryReign View Post
    Let's not forget about them purposefully shortaging those dumb amiibo things, just to get fanboys acting like nutcases. Or the whole NWC debacle.
    You mean those things that aren't actually malicious at all? No company creates purposeful shortages when there is money to be made. Nintendo underestimated demand of Amibos worldwide. Period. Nintendo regularly plays it safe with units they distribute because there is so much money to lose if they overestimate demand on X product. Nintendo makes 0 Dollars from eBay flippers, they are not their allies.

FPGA arm-based system Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

Quote Originally Posted by The Adventurer View Post
    You mean those things that aren't actually malicious at all? No company creates purposeful shortages when there is money to be made. Nintendo underestimated demand of Amibos worldwide. Period. Nintendo regularly plays it safe with units they distribute because there is so much money to lose if they overestimate demand on X product. Nintendo makes 0 Dollars from eBay flippers, they are not their allies.
    Yeah, they did underestimate the demand in the US. Any figure can be had for retail prices in europe and japan.
    They are also going to re-release many of the 'harder to find' figures.
    Amiibo prices on the 'rarer' figures are slowly dropping as people who hoarded many figures are dumping what they have.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Adventurer View Post
    You actually believe that? Fanboys are simply blind and would suck on a Mario-shaped dildo if they released such a thing. Now the demand is there, because they released them in small quantities. And now Nintendo is producing more. You proved my point for me. People will buy them straight from Nintendo where they will make money, instead of scalpers. It was all calculated. Companies have been doing this for years with console launches. Remove the Zelda sunglasses.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You actually believe that?
    You mean facts? Absolutely. I'm not a knee jerk conspiracy nutter.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Let's dig deeper. Nintendo produces a shoddily made and blatantly faulty console(NES). And continue production on the thing for YEARS knowing the pin connectors were shit. People consider it nostalgia when remembering blowing into their cartridges. It's not. It was their favorite company selling them shit and somehow it turns into fond memories trying to get games to work?

They strongarmed 3rd party companies into making games for them AND ONLY THEM. And only allowed them to produce about 3 games a year, while they could release as much software as they wanted. Thus you had Konami and such making fake companies like Ultra. Seal of Quality, my ass. That's called a monopoly and foul business tactics. They were rightfully taken down for it. It's no wonder they get very little 3rd party support these days.

They effectively pissed off Sony and Phillips, secretly making backdoor deals with both of them. Ruining any hopes, while promising a SNES CD addon that never happened because of their shady business practices. Then when it came to releasing their "project reality" they had nobody to help them with a CD drive. Which was the current future of technology and gamers were already mesmerized by the possibilities. And Sony had already proved with a machine that started out as Nintendo tech. They just stuck their nose up in the air and said fuck it. We'll stick with ancient cartridge technology and go forward with non-existent 3rd party support.

Now they have a portable machine with download capabilities. But when you pay for them, they force you to keep it on a single 3DS. Instead of tying them to an account LIKE EVERY OTHER FUCKING COMPANY DOES. Asinine.

I don't give a fuck if they produce quality games. Other companies do too. It doesn't hide the fact they've been a notoriously shady company for over 30 years and never apologized for it. They've been giving fans the middle finger all this time, it's time for me to flip my birds up right back at them... fanboys included.

FPGA arm-based system Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

So is all this rage because of the rom site thing?
    You do realize you can, via torrent download like every nes,famicom,snes,superfamicom game in like 2 files in 15 minutes.. knowing this why would you even deal with rom sites???????
    These rom packs have been available for like 10 years now. If you dont already have them downloaded you are a noob. Complaining about rom sites makes you look retarded.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Im not condoning piracy here, but imo Romsites have not been reliable since the early 2000's...Your more likely to get a virus than a legit rom nowadays. Torrent is the way to go for that stuff, and even then there is no reason to get mad at a Company trying to protect its copywritten material.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hell hath no fury like a suburban teenager scorned.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Peonpiate View Post
    ..there is no reason to get mad at a Company trying to protect its copywritten material.
    Except that 3rd party NES titles are not Nintendo's "copywritten material". Those would belong to companies like Konami, Ultra, Bandai, Capcom, etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sloan View Post
    Except that 3rd party NES titles are not Nintendo's "copywritten material". Those would belong to companies like Konami, Ultra, Bandai, Capcom, etc.
    And Nintendo isn't necessarily pulling down those copyrighted claims. They're exclusively pulling their own. The others do get caught in the crossfire when Nintendo goes after emulators themselves, and when their actions shut down an entire ROM site. But Nintendo doesn't have any control other other company IPs. Though I'm sure those companies are happy to see ROM sits getting knocked out without any extra effort.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Normally I agree with you, but ehh no (to the original post.) Just because people got used to using and abusing property right son youtube doesn't make it any more right. Sure it's kind of a dick looking move not being consistent with it all along, but it is their right to manage their IP as it is for any of them who either choose to or not. At least they're offering a profit sharing thing on the videos up there instead of just outright pulling them in every case.

I've never heard of nor seen proof of them shutting down emulators on any mobile device, let alone computer based emulators in a good long while. They have better things to do than harass an emulator, as long as it hasn't used copyrighted and protected information to develop it which would then give them the right to do so.

They definitely are desperate with the money they're bleeding out thanks to their arrogance with the WiiU biting them in the ass. I haven't wrote about it in a long stretch, but they were given the choice of having the right specs to get the games the others do this generation, and Nintendo told third parties to collectively eat a dick and use what they have or not....clearly they went with NOT. Nintendo got what they deserved on that one. They definitely are driving people away. I going forward will no longer buy a console of theirs unless it is properly supported. The Wii soured me, and the WiiU they plumped up publicly lying out of their asses that they'd have the games and I fell for that shit as did many others. I now longer own nothing with the Wii name on it and I have no interest in ever again.

I'm not done with them, they're solid on the handheld front and do great work there at least. If you're selling your 3DS stuff off, let me know what you got, maybe I'd take one of your discount dumpster games since you just want to be finished with them.

You're somewhat delusional on how the NES was handled, also misinformed. It was 6 games a year, not 3. They did make them for much of the NES (pre-snes) life only make games for them, and that was a crap stunt. The NES pin connector was not trash, the design was sound. Back when it was the only NIntendo out there, I didn't have to consistently blow in my games to make them work and I put 1000s of hours on that console. TO bitch and moan about a shitty design 20 years after that fact is fucking petty. Nintendo's 8bit era tactics has little to nothing to do with their current situation, so stop trying to conveniently tying that crap to the present. They don't have support because they were offered it and said NO THANKS by making another underpowered system. They were offered games if they brought a system that was up to specs and refused.

Do you have no fucking clue what you're talking about with the Sony and Phillips bit? Do you? Sony fucked Nintendo in the ass on the deal before Nintendo stabbed them in the back going to Philips who couldn't make a system that would properly handle things and buried it. Sony made a shitty contractual deal with them that Nintendo terminated because it stated that Sony would get ALL licensing fees for every game produced for the CD system and Nintendo wouldn't get anything except on their cartidge based stuff. Nintendo basically would have been a brand name on a plastic box with a disc in it that really was a Sony device that they'd get all the money for. Nintendo would create, manufacture, and retail the things at their cost with minimal profit over the cost of parts/retailing it vs MSRP. The money in consoles is the license fees, and Sony stipulated they'd get it all. Philips just made a terrible system that wouldn't do what Nintendo wanted and by that time they just gave up on them and stuck ignorantly with carts. If the CDi is any taste of what their SNES CD would have been, good riddance.

I'm not going to argue with you over their NIntendo Network stuff, they're assholes locking games to any system of theirs (3ds/wiiu) which is why I don't buy games digitally from them unless it's a stupid cheap deal like the current humble bundle. Nintendo has been shady, but to single them out is a laugh. Sony has been MORE shady than Nintendo has been in their 20 year history of making games and if you get beyond games they're even worse if you read up. Microsoft, do we really need to get into their existence being based upon stealing operating systems and apps from Apple, IBM, Corel(Word Perfect), and various others then burying their asses in the grave after the fact? And that doesn't even bring in their shady ass tactics on their own consumers with the xbox and systems since. They're all fairly equally awful, technically MS makes the other two look kind of saint like at times.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bb_hood View Post
    So is all this rage because of the rom site thing?
    You do realize you can, via torrent download like every nes,famicom,snes,superfamicom game in like 2 files in 15 minutes.. knowing this why would you even deal with rom sites???????
    These rom packs have been available for like 10 years now. If you dont already have them downloaded you are a noob. Complaining about rom sites makes you look retarded.
    Read. I had every rom I ever needed. The history speaks for itself. I'm done wasting words on a company that will be irrelevant in a few years. Besides producing figurines for retarded fanboys and mobile games/emulators for nostalgia tingles. Put the flowers on the grave. I'm just trying to figure out how to sell this 3DS collection.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

'm done wasting words on a company that will be irrelevant in a few years.
    Microsoft?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Your a kid now! Your a squid now!....sorry I got that lame song in my head. They've pissed me off about the whole amiibo thing. Utter bullshit, I really wanted those Fire Emblem characters