Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Mega Man Legacy Collection (PlayStation 4, XBOX One, Windows, 3DS)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

They don't bring it up because they're doing their job reviewing the actual game. That you seem to continually fail to understand. Most of the review you've done for the game is bitching how it isn't like a Japanese exclusive and how it even lacks stuff from another panned collection we did get a decade ago while also mini-reviewing tearing into that too in the same space which comes off as whiny, amateurish, and with a smidgen of entitlement complex to it too. And the reason they would bring up the shoddy MM AC package is because it was a US release found at retail anyone could buy off the shelf, Rockman never will be, and even now is barely 1/2 there to get without going through international hoops.

He is right though, you're video trolling and that was made rule of law here. One person, one thread, video thread. The non-review review of yours belongs there and hopefully a moderator will move that post to the right space as it's not fair to others like Daria who are actively using that area with her video reviews.

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi_Matrix View Post
    It isn't to shoehorn anything in -- the video review is very relevant here.
    I agree with this.

None of the major review sites or even other forums even bring up the shortcomings of Legacy Collection when compared to the Rockman Complete Works.
    Aaaaauuuuuuuuuuuggggghhhhh!

They bring up the shotty Megaman Anniversary Collection.
    UUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugggggggghhhhhhh!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Anyone heard anything about a patch yet?

If this new iteration of Digital Eclipse wants to reinvigorate this concept, I sure hope they fix it. Or perhaps more appropriately, I hope Capcom lets them fix it. I wouldn't put it past Capcom to just not care.

Quote Originally Posted by Nz17 View Post
    Rockman Complete Works... Megaman Anniversary Collection...
    Aaaaauuuuuuuuuuuggggghhhhh!

UUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugggggggghhhhhhh!
    So for someone not interested in importing Rockman Complete Works, what version of Mega Man Anniversary Collection does everyone recommend?

Last edited by Leo_A; 09-24-2015 at 11:31 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

That question is an argument wrapped in both personal taste and some subjective facts.

The Gamecube one overall would be fantastic, but it was intentionally gimped not allowing button re-assignment so B/A are reversed causing so many stupid mega buster walking deaths into pits/spikes, or jumping into a spike roof or something that makes you go ouchie when you want to shoot instead. The PS2 version is solid, but some will whine about not being able to use some controllers, but it has the least going for it. Supposedly the xbox one is the nicest but it has some shortcomings as well. XB or GC(if you can adapt to the button problem) are the most ideal.

...and you're right. The DE I once knew back in the GBC-early GBA era (had a couple friends on staff) would care much to fix something like the problems this Legacy collection has, but Capcom would very much be arrogant and cheap enough not to want to even bother pushing a patch even if DE already made it and wanted it done as it's more time and some money I imagine to pay for the pushed fix.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    That question is an argument wrapped in both personal taste and some subjective facts.
    I actually was just kidding around with Nz17. I didn't really want an answer since I've formed my own opinion on Mega Man Anniversary Collection and settled on the Xbox version back when it released, but thanks for trying to be helpful.

He was annoyed that discussion about MMAC and the Rockman Complete releases was seeping into this thread while Mega Man Legacy Collection was seeing a lot of discussion in the old Mega Man Anniversary Collection thread.

So I was attempting to be funny, although it apparently didn't quite have the effect that I was after.
    Last edited by Leo_A; 09-25-2015 at 06:12 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

So, two months and counting yet no sign of a patch?

I don't think this one is getting fixed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Meanwhile, back in non-sucker land, several compilations of some of the best Mega Man games already existed and didn't have severe issues.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Satoshi_Matrix

Hopefully it will be fixed soon, but even with the occasional sound issues, Legacy Collection is still significantly better than the butchered port Atomic Planet did with Anniversary Collection.

That being said,no amount of patching will ever make it superior to Rockman Complete Works.
    check out my classic gaming review site: http://satoshimatrix.wordpress.com/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Which is irrelevant being both a download only thing that's partial on the US and if you did import them all it really adds up.

Perhaps the patch would be something they'd be sheisty enough to hold off not doing until they ship the physical game to bring it up to snuff, or they suck and those will be flawed too but I'd like to think Digital Eclipse sucked a bit less than that, but I wouldn't put it passed Capcom though at all anymore.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I'd like to think Digital Eclipse sucked a bit less than that, but I wouldn't put it passed Capcom though at all anymore.
    I imagine that Digital Eclipse would love nothing more than to fix it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I do too. Years ago when I was in college (gameboy color era) I had a couple friends who were programmers on their staff so I'm familiar with the people of that period and if some of them are still there or the owner/pres of it then I'd lay any bs down on Capcom most likely. They were a really chill company that could really work up some coding magic to pull off incredible stuff in limited hardware and in their emulator/conversion packages too.

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Physical copies of this compilation released today for PS4, XBone, and 3DS. Who got Mega Man Legacy Collection? Whaddya think of it? Did you pick up one of the special editions?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I got it today from amazon. Seems nice. Did one boss per mm1-3 so far and amiibo unlocked the extras with my old toy I've had for months. Not seeing the digital rental bugs so far. Behaves just like NES down to the frame rate changes and flicker spots. The 18 mp3s and 4 stickers are cool too. I'd write more but hate using a touch screen as I goof a lot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Any 3D support? Haven't seen it been mentioned, so I assume this 3DS release is 100% in 2D.

No patch for the console versions thanks to Capcom not allowing Digital Eclipse to tackle the problem.

Was hoping to see it all be rectified before this release.
    Last edited by Leo_A; 02-24-2016 at 06:05 AM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Steam
    primordialhelios

Physical copies of this compilation released today for PS4, XBone, and 3DS. Who got Mega Man Legacy Collection? Whaddya think of it? Did you pick up one of the special editions?
    Are they releasing a physical PC version? Because if so, I might just have to get that!
    I still haven't beaten DOOM

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Leo_A View Post
    Any 3D support? Haven't seen it been mentioned, so I assume this 3DS release is 100% in 2D.

No patch for the console versions thanks to Capcom not allowing Digital Eclipse to tackle the problem.

Was hoping to see it all be rectified before this release.
    No 3D support on the 3DS unfortunately. Well, you get 3D "borders" to the games but no actual 3D on the games themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimordialHelios View Post
    Are they releasing a physical PC version? Because if so, I might just have to get that!
    No physical PC release either unfortunately. Its only getting a physical release on the PS4, Xbox One and 3DS and even then only in America. Japan seems to only get a physical release for the 3DS but an Asian PS4 release also exists. Oh and as for Europe. Capcom has aimed for total nostalgia in that regard and not bothered at all! Just like so many missed Mega Man releases over the years! (so in other words, digital only in Europe).

I am glad its got a physical release though, as its finally something I can actually purchase for my MM collection - I've ended up grabbing the PS4 and Xbox One normal releases, the USA 3DS Special Edition with the Gold Amiibo and the Japanese 3DS Special Edition. I'm mostly looking forward to giving the exclusive Amiibo challenges a try, as getting gold medals in all the challenges was easily the highlight of the collection for me.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Steam
    primordialhelios

Quote Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
    No 3D support on the 3DS unfortunately. Well, you get 3D "borders" to the games but no actual 3D on the games themselves.

No physical PC release either unfortunately. Its only getting a physical release on the PS4, Xbox One and 3DS and even then only in America. Japan seems to only get a physical release for the 3DS but an Asian PS4 release also exists. Oh and as for Europe. Capcom has aimed for total nostalgia in that regard and not bothered at all! Just like so many missed Mega Man releases over the years! (so in other words, digital only in Europe).

I am glad its got a physical release though, as its finally something I can actually purchase for my MM collection - I've ended up grabbing the PS4 and Xbox One normal releases, the USA 3DS Special Edition with the Gold Amiibo and the Japanese 3DS Special Edition. I'm mostly looking forward to giving the exclusive Amiibo challenges a try, as getting gold medals in all the challenges was easily the highlight of the collection for me.
    Thanks for the info. I'm trying to move away from digital and DRM as much as possible, but I still might have to get this.
    Dammit Capcom, stop screwing us over, just release the physical copies everywhere.
    I still haven't beaten DOOM

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    N30V3N0M
    Steam
    N30V3N0M

I bought this and to be honest this game is not worth getting because it doesn't include all the Mega Man games. You're better off getting Mega Man Anniversary Collection for Gamecube/PS2. Only interesting thing is the bonus content you get from Mega Man 1 - 6.
    Last edited by NeoVenom; 02-25-2016 at 08:35 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

That's just whining dude, it has them all as far as the NES goes, which is what this package was about. I'm tired of all the bitching by fanboys how it lacks all those SNES/Saturn/PSX releases. Boohoo. It's a physical release, well made, or your choice is to buy all those individual expensive carts and disc(MM8) to get the selection of titles, or you go the PSN route which Capcom cut off around MM3 or 4 anyway outside of Japan. It's a solid package, and it's only $30 ($5 a game) so that's hardly asking too much.

It's the Legacy Collection, not the Library Collection, and MM's existence and legacy are greatly and almost entirely thanks to the NES. That's what this package is all about 100%.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    N30V3N0M
    Steam
    N30V3N0M

That's just whining dude, it has them all as far as the NES goes, which is what this package was about. I'm tired of all the bitching by fanboys how it lacks all those SNES/Saturn/PSX releases. Boohoo. It's a physical release, well made, or your choice is to buy all those individual expensive carts and disc(MM8) to get the selection of titles, or you go the PSN route which Capcom cut off around MM3 or 4 anyway outside of Japan. It's a solid package, and it's only $30 ($5 a game) so that's hardly asking too much.

It's the Legacy Collection, not the Library Collection, and MM's existence and legacy are greatly and almost entirely thanks to the NES. That's what this package is all about 100%.
    Whoa there, relax. I am simply just voicing my opinion on the matter. Plus, I never said Legacy was a terrible collection. I am just saying that if anyone still has a PS2/Gamecube or a Wii that plays Gamecube games, you can get more out of Anniversary Collection than Legacy Collection and it's half the price.