Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Mega Man Legacy Collection (PlayStation 4, XBOX One, Windows, 3DS)

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    That's just whining dude, it has them all as far as the NES goes, which is what this package was about. I'm tired of all the bitching by fanboys how it lacks all those SNES/Saturn/PSX releases. Boohoo. It's a physical release, well made, or your choice is to buy all those individual expensive carts and disc(MM8) to get the selection of titles, or you go the PSN route which Capcom cut off around MM3 or 4 anyway outside of Japan. It's a solid package, and it's only $30 ($5 a game) so that's hardly asking too much.

It's the Legacy Collection, not the Library Collection, and MM's existence and legacy are greatly and almost entirely thanks to the NES. That's what this package is all about 100%.
    It's lazy. It's greedy. It makes no sense. Maybe make a new game and stop rereleasing the same shit over and over 20+ years later? They must be incapable. Mega9+10 could've easily been included since they're NES inspired. There's nothing "Legacy" at ALL about this, I'll call it the Megaman NES Collection.

Don't know why people want multiple copies of the same games? Capcom doesn't deserve pats on the rearend for simply putting out a physical release of crusty old games. They can be played on like a dozen different other platforms.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    N30V3N0M
    Steam
    N30V3N0M

Quote Originally Posted by FieryReign View Post
    It's lazy. It's greedy. It makes no sense. Maybe make a new game and stop rereleasing the same shit over and over 20+ years later? They must be incapable. Mega9+10 could've easily been included since they're NES inspired. There's nothing "Legacy" at ALL about this, I'll call it the Megaman NES Collection.

Don't know why people want multiple copies of the same games? Capcom doesn't deserve pats on the rearend for simply putting out a physical release of crusty old games. They can be played on like a dozen different other platforms.
    When I bought Legacy, I thought it was going to include all the Mega Man games, 1 - 10, as well as Mega Man & Bass. I mean if it is going to be a Legacy, in my opinion, it should have included all the games that involve the original Mega Man.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Isn't that kind of your fault for not researching a game before buying it? I mean the box itself clearly explains on the back with each of the pictures, one for each game, with the name of the game next to it, that's all you're getting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FieryReign View Post

Disagree and agree on parts. Lazy, yeah, greedy, not really given they cost $5/ea to download anyway. Capcom is clearly incapable of making MM games anymore given their track record over the last few years. MM9 and 10 debatable but they're also not legacy titles, they're fairly new and they're not going to run on an old NES emulator either. Perhaps branding it the Mega Man NES collection would have been smarter, but it's still its legacy.

FPGA arm-based system Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

As much as I love megaman I really think this is a weak compilation.. they really should have included more megaman games.
    The thing that bothers me the most is that the Collectors Edition with the Gold amiibo is just for the 3ds, they should have included download codes for the WiiU as well. I just have no interest in playing anything on a small handheld screen, then to package the 3ds game with the amiibo is annoying because Im not going to play the game but I want the amiibo.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVenom View Post
    I bought this and to be honest this game is not worth getting because it doesn't include all the Mega Man games. You're better off getting Mega Man Anniversary Collection for Gamecube/PS2. Only interesting thing is the bonus content you get from Mega Man 1 - 6.
    In terms of content the older collection is better for sure. But I don't really like the old collection either, the port of 7 has really annoying audio issues and they butchered the awesome end credits. 8 is a pretty crappy port as well, the voices are all ruined, it also has its share of other audio issues (audio is either too quiet or too loud) plus Capcom were lazy in porting 8 to the collection and went with the inferior Playstation port and not the Saturn port so several graphical touches (lighting and awesome water ripple effects) are not in, and Cut Man and Wood Man boss battles are also absent.
    Plus the first 6 games on the Gamecube/Xbox/PS2 have muddy/blurry graphics compared to the originals and was very noticeable to me personally, while the one thing the new collection got right was having sharper, more clear graphics closer (but not quite perfect) akin to playing the games on CRT via an RGB modded NES.

Oh, and the Gamecube port screwed the controls up, jump and shoot being reversed. That was something I adapted to but it should still never have happened.

The new collection though has sound issues on the PS4, plus that weird scrolling/judder issue on the 3DS port - the latter of which is really strange considering the VC ports on the 3DS run fine. The VC releases don't look as good as the 3DS Legacy Collection though (they look pretty dark/washed out in comparison).

Bottom line, I'd have loved a real complete collection, though my idea of complete would include all the games in the classic universe including stuff like the Wonderswan game, the Wily Tower portion of Wily Wars, Mega Man Soccer, even stuff like the Taiwan/Chinese release Rockman Strategy. The best way of playing the games is still the original games in my opinion, I grabbed this release just to add it to my Mega Man collection, alongside the excellent challenge mode and fun trophies/achievements. This collection is worth grabbing if you want the games legally on the PC or want to play them on a modern console but otherwise its not exactly something to run out and buy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
    The new collection though has sound issues on the PS4, plus that weird scrolling/judder issue on the 3DS port - the latter of which is really strange considering the VC ports on the 3DS run fine. The VC releases don't look as good as the 3DS Legacy Collection though (they look pretty dark/washed out in comparison).
    That was the much earlier released download version, I've not seen a scrolling and jittering issue with the 3DS version on the physical copy I have. I know I cut it, but the GC port I couldn't get used to the reversed controls, and you're right they created problems with the ports of 7-8 and the earlier games while generally right were with the issue you said as well. There is no winner, unless you're speaking of total content even if it's not right. If you want less but more (works/looks right) the 3DS port so far I can vouch for from memory. I'd only hope the same fixes were applied to the PS4 physical version too.

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

I just got this on 3ds as well, physical copy, and i'll let you know if I get scrolling problems too. I haven't updated my 3ds in months. its a Zelda 3ds XL (black/gold)

edit:

notice some slight stutter in the transition when it pans to the next section but overall game play I don't notice any thing odd
    Last edited by Niku-Sama; 02-29-2016 at 04:16 AM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've now received my 3DS version and tried Mega Man 5 and can indeed confirm that it runs really badly unless you go into the options menu and change the game type from "Mega Man" to "Rockman". When set to Mega Man - 5 feels really choppy, almost as if it runs at half the frame rate. However when set to Rockman - 5 is very smooth, I'd say its on par with the NES original.

Otherwise the collection seems decent, I gave a couple of other games (1, 2 and 3) quick tries and didn't notice any frame rate issues on those. Plus the games look so much better (image quality wise) compared to the virtual console versions on the 3DS/Wii U.