Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Splatoon Sells a Million

Pac-Man (Level 10) Emperor Megas's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    When inviting friends, you can't guarantee you'll be on the same team, infact when playing with a friend today, 90% of the time we were on different teams.
    Holy crap, DEAL BREAKER. Are you serious, man? The only reason I own a Wii is to play Mario Kart 8 with a friend online. In fact, she bought me the system and Mario Kart for Christmas because we had so much fun playing Mario Kart Wii for YEARS together.

We've been hoping to find another fun online game to play and I figured this may have been it, but I can't believe that you can't be guaranteed to be on the same team when you invite friends.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Megas View Post
    Holy crap, DEAL BREAKER. Are you serious, man? The only reason I own a Wii is to play Mario Kart 8 with a friend online. In fact, she bought me the system and Mario Kart for Christmas because we had so much fun playing Mario Kart Wii for YEARS together.

We've been hoping to find another fun online game to play and I figured this may have been it, but I can't believe that you can't be guaranteed to be on the same team when you invite friends.
    Yeah, I'm serious.

The game actually doesn't allow you to invite friends, you have to be in a game with open slots and then your friend can join you. If you're not in an open slot, it'll tell your friend waiting for an open space and then join after that match is over. It randomizes the eight players so you can't guarantee who will be on your team. Additionally the game only rotates the maps every four hours. Additionally I also found out that the Aerospray MG and Golden Dynamo, the most op machine gun and roller in the game are rewards for finishing story mode.

On top of some broken camping mechanics that aggravate you whether you win or lose, it's these technical issues that drag the game way down. It's 2015 and both this game and Super Smash Bros have piss poor online. Like Nintendo can't take a queue from the hundreds of other games that have online. Rip off the online mechanics of the latest Street Fighter or Call of Duty if you have to.

--

Tanooki, I'll message you.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

That's harsh. Remember Guild Wars at all for PC? The original, not the MMORPG sequel out a year now. The other popped up I think around 2005. That one is a co-op rpg but has combat arenas that rotate too like Splatoon appears to do, though the rotation on it is every match basically can happen, not every 4 hours. You can go into certain ones as a pre-set team, or guilds going at it, but the randomized main basic 4 on 4 combat (not the 8 on 8 stuff) it's random 100%. You never know if you'll get a friend, we did find you could watch a clock on the wall and time when to hit the button to get into the queue for the next match and my deceased friend and I would do that and get in about 2/3 of the time together in those. It was also like that on a battle map on the main map of the game (there's a fort and a quarry) which was 8on8 too and it was the same way. It sucked bad when we didn't get in as we'd get desynched and wait for us both to get out, but if we got in it was a blast since we knew each others configurations and we'd wreck people in the evenings.

That being the only chance of praying to get into things together is awful and a decade out of date.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Splatoon Nes version anyone ?

Insert Coin (Level 0) Ogreatgames's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This is excellent news! I am glad Splatoon has had such high sales, this makes the decision easier for whether to have Splatoon 2.
    http://www.ogreatgames.com Hey check out Ogreatgames for video games and much more!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

1.6 million now! I'm tempted by it but for $80 and if its boring? I'll wait for a cheap used copy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroCool View Post
    1.6 million now! I'm tempted by it but for $80 and if its boring? I'll wait for a cheap used copy
    Where did you get the $80 from? Amazon.com currently lists it at $60 which is a reasonable price in my opinion.
    Great to see that it seems to be selling quite well, the game and the WiiU deserves it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by okkerlo View Post
    Where did you get the $80 from? Amazon.com currently lists it at $60 which is a reasonable price in my opinion.
    Great to see that it seems to be selling quite well, the game and the WiiU deserves it.
    Yeah your right. Its actually $67, I keep on forgetting about Amazon, but the stores here in Canada sell it at 69.99 plus 13%. Still a lot of money though.

Insert Coin (Level 0) brainerdrainer's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm obsessed with this game!