Thread: Physical Release of Shovel Knight Due Oct. 13, 2015 for Wii U & 3DS

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Cool Physical Release of Shovel Knight Due Oct. 13, 2015 for Wii U & 3DS

Yacht Club Games will be self-publishing physical copies of Shovel Knight on both Wii U and 3DS on October 13, 2015, for a retail price of $20. They will have full color instruction manuals similar to the ones rewarded to Kickstarter backers.

The game will also ship with the Plague Knight side-campaign built-in, which Yacht Club has said will arrive for free for those who already purchased a digital copy.

To date Shovel Knight has sold more than 700,000 copies across 3DS, Wii U, Linux, Mac OS X, Windows, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, and Xbox One.

For shovelry!

Source: https://www.nintendoworldreport.com/...sion-confirmed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Great, only about a year after the majority of possible purchasers have already bought it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Yes! Holding out pays off yet again, just like Duck Tales Remastered on WiiU and Retro City Rampage DX on PS4. I'll be getting this, just have to watch this thread or elsewhere to be sure if it's limited not to get screwed into paying $100+ from a scalper like RCRDX has happening since day one on the PS4 release.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Emperor Megas's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

This is pretty much the only way I'd own it, so this is good news.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

It's also being released at retail on the PS4 and Xbox One.

Remember when it was leaked by Best Buy for a September release? Then the devs lied that there will not be a retail release. Now they officially announce it. Very scummy move if you ask me. Clear that they didn't want the physical release damaging their potential digital sales and the people who would double dip on the purchase. However, self publishing the game and releasing it for $20 a piece is nice considering every other indie game releases for $30 or more.

$16 and free shipping from Best Buy with Gamer's Club unlocked. You guys really need to get it if you don't have it.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    It's also being released at retail on the PS4 and Xbox One.

Remember when it was leaked by Best Buy for a September release? Then the devs lied that there will not be a retail release. Now they officially announce it. Very scummy move if you ask me. Clear that they didn't want the physical release damaging their potential digital sales and the people who would double dip on the purchase. However, self publishing the game and releasing it for $20 a piece is nice considering every other indie game releases for $30 or more.

$16 and free shipping from Best Buy with Gamer's Club unlocked. You guys really need to get it if you don't have it.
    Not scummy at all. They didn't have the publishing deal fully negotiated yet and Best Buy jumped the gun. They were very open with backers and on their forums that they were actively seeking a retail release long before the Best Buy leak.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Got to agree, the only reason in good faith something would be pulled then unpulled was the contract/deal/date wasn't lined up yet and you don't want that out there. What if it fell through and people started howling about their physical release that wouldn't happen? Or, what if something bad happened and it was delayed 30-90 days, more bitching.

Speaking of best buy, I really need to go find that on their site and read the terms for the deal. Someone who doesn't but a lot of new games all that often I'm not sure I'd get my value out of it, yet I imagine if it also included Blu Rays, then sure yeah I think it would with the movies.