Personally for me the noob comment has a few qualifiers.

You actually are new to the concept either entirely or you've maybe dabbled in like one of them ever before so it's basically fresh.

Then you have your unskilled or just poor players who just suck at the type of game and just fail to do well or get far. And third to that are those who have low tolerances for overly repetitive slow grinds in games, not even quite just qualifying only for RPGs but other games too that crawl to get to the point which could drive people mad for various reasons. Perhaps you have low tolerances to bs. Maybe you have other things in life (kids, job(s), other responsibilities.) Or maybe you just have a very small amount of patience in general. People like that probably could easily thumb their way through a Final Fantasy 2 SNES cart because its' a 20 hour game, it could be done in a month with casual play an hour here or there. But someone under any of those qualifiers would probably say screw this garbage and walk from any Dragon Quest main line RPG, FF games from like 6 and later that are like 30-70 hour games plus, Skies of Arcadia stuff that crawls too due to over zealous random battles making dungeon crawling and map traversing a slog.

A game like DQ7 or 8 maybe easy to get the concept and easy enough not to die, but that's only because they're so bloody slow to get anywhere because of how they're designed by the time you can safely go somewhere you'll have bought all the gear you need and the XP required walking around outside a town for 5-10 hours or more. Garbage like that is not fun for a lot of people for any reason including those I gave just above. That's why I argued for different titles on my list as I was thinking of not just the noob, but also those who have other things going on in life or have a personality that games like that would grate their nerves raw.