Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: KWKBOX's Game Videos (was "Best unreleased game?")

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default KWKBOX's Game Videos (was "Best unreleased game?")

Now thanks to the internet a lot of unreleased games have become available that we can now enjoy. My current favorite is Star Fox 2. What is yours?

Last edited by Nz17; 09-06-2015 at 09:15 AM. Reason: Changed thread name - please feel free to rename it to what you'd like while adhering to the rules (stickied at the top of this sub-forum)

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Let's plays are the laziest form of videomaking on youtube, next to pickups. Originality and a script will help your content improve. This is not the best way to get people to watch your channel.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FieryReign View Post
    Let's plays are the laziest form of videomaking on youtube, next to pickups. Originality and a script will help your content improve. This is not the best way to get people to watch your channel.
    I agree. It is so boring.
    Cool people I have bought stuff from on this board: orrimarrko kyosuke75 dave2236 video_game_addict cloudstrife29661 NESCollector75

Pac-Man (Level 10) Emperor Megas's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I also hate Let's Play videos. And I don't think I've ever played an unreleased game before.

"Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?" Flashback2012's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've never personally played it but Space Fantasy Zone for the PC-Engine looks absolutely amazing.
    "Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

BS Out of Bounds Golf. Wrote a review for it over 4 years ago. Not a lot of people knew about this game then... those I've since introduced the game to have all said the same thing: the game is super fun and interesting. They may not be as crazy about it as me, but I've never heard one bad thing said about this game. Check it out if you haven't already.

4 player mini-golf on the SNES. With the evil ability to knock your opponents' balls out of bounds. Doesn't get much better than that.

RVGFANATIC: SNES, Saturn, mad ramblings and more
    RELIVE | REMEMBER | REPLAY

Brand new URL!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I've only played a few, most of them though tend to have Japanese releases though so technically they are. I mean Nintendo did have a rough translation of FF2 Famicom that's passable, then the original Earthbound(Mother) which was done and tanked, and there is Star Fox 2 as well which was basically done but never released anywhere. I've played those and a few others while the names escape me, but SF2 would be my total favorite and Earthbound as rough as it is is a fine game too albeit slow to get going. FF2 isn't bad but I'd rather handle it on the GBA 1+2 package.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Rant and opinion videos are the laziest actually. Most successful channels do the least work also. This is not a let's play this is a longplay with information on the game and commentary. I only used my video to show if nobody knows about the game. Everyone else's videos have poor video capture and I feel mine shows the best possible footage of the game that can be recorded in HD. I could care less if people watch but until I find a better source of material for my topics I will continue to use my own videos as a reference.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    hawtxdawg360

They also make for a good alternative to Gamefaqs walkthrus. The only bad LP's are the ones where the player talks so much or so loud it drowns out the game audio.
    Don't go away mad....just go away!

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    BS Out of Bounds Golf. Wrote a review for it over 4 years ago. Not a lot of people knew about this game then... those I've since introduced the game to have all said the same thing: the game is super fun and interesting. They may not be as crazy about it as me, but I've never heard one bad thing said about this game. Check it out if you haven't already.

4 player mini-golf on the SNES. With the evil ability to knock your opponents' balls out of bounds. Doesn't get much better than that.
    Agreed!
    You turned me on to this one and I love it. Was thinking about having it put on a cart. Do you know if it is an easy one to get burnt on a cart?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Good point about Let's Play. They do have some value, depending how they're shot. If someone just introduces it, then shuts their trap and plays it so you can hear the audio while seeing the game get played it has value as a visual game faq walkthrough, but when someone just keeps crapping on about random junk or even the game, they need to just be purged from the internet.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    Good point about Let's Play. They do have some value, depending how they're shot. If someone just introduces it, then shuts their trap and plays it so you can hear the audio while seeing the game get played it has value as a visual game faq walkthrough, but when someone just keeps crapping on about random junk or even the game, they need to just be purged from the internet.
    I agree with that to a certain extent. When a person is playing a game and sharing information that is relatable to the game or tips and tricks I usually enjoy watching. But if some bozo is just talking about what he had for lunch while playing I am not very interested in watching then. If people just want gameplay they should stick to longplays since most of them have no commentary. I usually prefer commentary when somebody is explaining how they are doing something in some games for a reason. But it is all up to the viewer. Whatever cremes your twinkie. Luckily there are so many videos online you will more than likely find what you are looking for at least.

celerystalker is a poindexter celerystalker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

I'm not sure if it's Let's Play or Long Play videos that I hate, or if it's really the subculture of people who act like they've played games because they've watched videos of or about them. They're so intertwined that I have trouble separating my feelings. I just hate it when I hear people talking about how much they love or hate a game or how hard it was when they've never really played them first hand. A person may be able to glean if a game looks intriguing or not by these videos, but I hate it when they try to make fully-formed opinions by parroting what they saw. They perpetuate one another, and now you have a fairly large group of vocal people spouting off about games and never playing any.

Cherry (Level 1) wizardofwor1975's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dendawg View Post
    The only bad LP's are the ones where the player talks so much or so loud it drowns out the game audio.
    +1, I hate when that happens. BTW your location, "A van down by the river" is awesome. Chris Farley was a comedic genius.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/12/showbi...gone-too-soon/
    Last edited by wizardofwor1975; 08-01-2015 at 04:55 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by KWKBOX View Post
    I could care less if people watch
    o rly?
    but until I find a better source of material for my topics I will continue to use my own videos as a reference.
    No one else seems to need videos as a "source of material for their topics", so why do you?
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." --Bertrand Russel (attributed)

Pac-Man (Level 10) Emperor Megas's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flashback2012 View Post
    I've never personally played it but Space Fantasy Zone for the PC-Engine looks absolutely amazing.
    Oh, wait. I DO own have that game, so I guess I do have an unreleased title.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KWKBOX View Post
    Most successful channels do the least work also. This is not a let's play this is a longplay with information on the game and commentary.
    That's false. The channels I watch put in work and you can tell. Anybody and their mother can film themselves playing and talking about a videogame. Lets play or long play it's the same damn thing. I suggest taking a look at Gaming Historians retrospective on Star Fox, to know how quality videos are made.

If I get stuck in a game without being able to progress then I'll just turn the sucker off and deem it not worth playing. It's real easy for me to lose interest nowadays. If a game requires a faq then it's not for me.

You could care less if people watch? Stop lying.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nebagram
    PSN
    Nebagram

Shall I be the first to mention Bio Force Ape then?

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

The one in thinking of never released here and that's radical dreamers. Released in Japan over the satteliview has some relation to chrono trigger

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Jorpho View Post
    o rly?
    No one else seems to need videos as a "source of material for their topics", so why do you?
    Because this is not the stone age where I tell a story and you imagine what a game looks like. I provide a video of game footage so people can better understand what I am talking about if they have never seen the game. Just because everyone else lacks visual aides does not mean it is the best way.