Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: KWKBOX's Game Videos (was "Best unreleased game?")

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KWKBOX View Post
    You are a fool to think it is easy. You have no clue how much is involved in putting out content. If you want to know what is easy it is criticizing other people on a forum without any clue of what you are talking about. If people want your advice they will ask for it so stop volunteering.
    Not giving advice, just sayin your channel sucks and to stop spamming it everywhere. Strike a nerve did I? Why don't you respond to the others who say you're nothing but a spamwhore with useless videos? There's basically a whole poll and thread devoted to your bullshit, sly, and sneaky tactics to gain views. It's not hard to find. I'm not the only one criticising your lameasses.

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

He's right ya know, no one likes a blatant spam whore. It wouldn't be so bad if you started real topics that just happen to have a video in them. But you're posting click bait titles for threads that contain a single line of worthless text and a video plug. Plus literally no one here knows you. You are a walking billboard and it makes for a TERRIBLE first impression.

You want to film yourself playing games? Fine, I understand that: it's fun to do. But Let's Plays are some of the least respected video content out there (next to unboxings and pickup videos). Make them for yourself and as you improve (assuming you strive to improve and not wallow in arrogant self satisfaction) other people will come to appreciate your work. The best way to grow a Lets Play channel is to reach out to other Lets Players. Forget plugging on random forums. Literally no one here is going to give a shit. Once you start watching other people's content and being supportive to other channels then your enthusiasm will be reciprocated.

So some serious advice? Quit ramming these topics down our throats. Stick around DP if you want to discuss gaming, but join another community for your videos altogether. Honestly try reddit. /r/LetsPlay is a friendly channel that won't eat you alive.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by FieryReign View Post
    Not giving advice, just sayin your channel sucks and to stop spamming it everywhere. Strike a nerve did I? Why don't you respond to the others who say you're nothing but a spamwhore with useless videos? There's basically a whole poll and thread devoted to your bullshit, sly, and sneaky tactics to gain views. It's not hard to find. I'm not the only one criticising your lameasses.
    You are right you are not giving advice. You are just an ignorant person looking to attack anybody for your own selfish reasons. I only responded because you gave your opinion on other channels and I gave my opinion on them. Somebody just crying stop spamming is nobody worth responding to. Now that I know you are just another one of those babies I have no need to respond anymore.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    Homebrew videos aren't that interesting either, at least to most. .
    *cough* IF they're good, like that 2D homebrew Portal game made for the DS, they're interesting to me.

Bozo, huh? Sorry, "the gaming librarian" actually puts work and effort into his content and it shows. He doesn't just plop a camera in front of 2 fat, uninteresting slobs and hit record. While talking a whole bunch of nothing. He also doesn't spam up multiple forums with every video he does, he gained viewers and subcribers legitimately. Don't know why you wanna riff on him, I just gave an example, and could give dozens more. If I want humor, I'll watch something that's meant to be humorous. Certainly not 2 dudebros playing a game and jibber jabbering. .
    Attacking the person does not actually refute an opinion. In fact, it reminds me of an old Chinese proverb: "The first one to throw a punch, is the first one to admit he lost the argument."

Go ahead and continue to be the spammeister of lame let's play videos. You're only putting people off with your tactics, and gaining no more views.
    This, I mostly agree with. Not about the videos being lame, but the "putting people off with your tactics" part. Perhaps moving it all into a single thread, with the first post listing and linking to the videos and where commenting on each began in the thread, would ease that perception? It would also keep things nice & neat. People who are interested can check in on the videos and leave their thoughts about the game.
    Last edited by TheBenenator; 08-10-2015 at 11:40 AM.
    I hate it when people write their initials on a game cart's label. Can't get it off without ruining part of the label!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by TheBenenator View Post
    *cough* IF they're good, like that 2D homebrew Portal game made for the DS, they're interesting to me.

Attacking the person does not actually refute an opinion. In fact, it reminds me of an old Chinese proverb: "The first one to throw a punch, is the first one to admit he lost the argument."

This, I mostly agree with. Not about the videos being lame, but the "putting people off with your tactics" part. Perhaps moving it all into a single thread, with the first post listing and linking to the videos and where commenting on each began in the thread, would ease that perception? It would also keep things nice & neat. People who are interested can check in on the videos and leave their thoughts about the game.
    I agree. Moving to a single thread would be much neater and easier. Do not know why I did not think of that in the first place. Thanks for the input.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default The Destruction Derby Series

I always wanted to do an in depth review on some retro games but it seemed the majority of them have been covered so I never got around to doing one for quite some time. Over the years I always found it hard to find much info online or in videos covering the Destruction Derby series so I decided to give it a shot and add to the gaming community. What is your favorite game in the series or in general? This is my first review video so any feedback is greatly appreciated thanks in advance.

https://youtu.be/2p_lqis-Iro

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Top 10 Famicom exclusives?

Do you agree with this list? Did I miss anything?

FPGA arm-based system Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

wrong forum

celerystalker is a poindexter celerystalker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

You have a video thread, but posted your video both here and in import mania. Gaming videos in the KWKBOX's video thread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Anyway, to reply to the question, I'd ditch Holy Diver (just too aggravating, derivative, and unfair) and replace it with:

Robocco Wars
    Cocoron
    Moon Crystal
    Ninja Jajamaru Ginga Daisakusen
    Mitsume ga Tooru
    Tetrastar
    Hebereke
    Over Horizon
    Gimmick! (though also frustrating)

The last three were released in other regions, but for people in North America, all the above would be imports all the same.

Plus a slew of FDS-only titles can be thrown in as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Most missing from this list is wai wai world 1&2.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tron 2.0 View Post
    Most missing from this list is wai wai world 1&2.
    I was considering those, but neither of them would reach my top ten.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ccovell View Post
    I was considering those, but neither of them would reach my top ten.
    Well part two more since it's more straight froward.KWBOX listed most of the ones id consider for a top ten.