Thread: Brad Fuller or Hip Tanaka?

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Brad Fuller or Hip Tanaka?

Seeing as many Nintendo gamers prefer playing the unlicensed Tetris game published by Tengen (Atari) over Nintendo's legitimate release, this makes me want to ask you this: who was the better score composer of the two versions of the game in question?

Most people know Hip Tanaka (the man who scored music for Nintendo's version of Tetris) since he also did music for other Nintendo games such as Balloon Fight, Wrecking Crew, Kid Icarus, Metroid, Super Mario Land and Dr. Mario.

The man who composed music for the "superior" version of Tetris was Brad Fuller, having also done so for the arcade version. The score music that was named for Mr. Fuller himself was "Bradinsky." Another piece, "Loginska," was dedicated to fellow Atari employee Ed Logg.

Who's your main music man for Tetris?

~Ben
    Last edited by ColecoFan1981; 08-27-2015 at 05:23 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I can't give you a fair answer. I don't really care for the music in either for the most part. Nintendo has the tweaked version of that Russian classic which I love so much, but the rest it could be muted for all I care as it's boring or worse. The Tengen stuff I've listened to far less, it's nice on the whole, but it doesn't have that ripped off classic stand out Nintendo had on theirs so it kind of balances things out. 1 great inspired unoriginal piece vs many decent pieces.

celerystalker is a poindexter celerystalker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Yeah. Not a fan of either soundtrack. I'll sat Hip Tanaka for the completely unrelated Kid Icarus title theme. Maybe my favorite chip tune.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Agreed fairly well there with Kid Icarus as that title screen was so well done and instantly memorable. It's all mediocre on the duo of Tetris games other than the stolen track for Nintendo and just the nicer sounding mediocrity I can't even remember from Tengen.