been meaning to post this for a while and so while I am speccing a match I figure I would pup this out there
https://forums.unrealtournament.com/

new UT is currently in pre alpha its going to be very heavily (almost entirely) community based, seems to be going the way of free to play micro transactions but its to be seen. theres still a lot of map customization like there was before so I am not quite sure where they are going with it in the way to keep the game going.
it feels a bit more like original UT with wall dodging from 2kX and a new sliding mechanic that I don't like and only use on accident. (dodge then crouch)
most of the old weapons are there, still haven been any real new weapons and still no ripper but that may be in the works. its pre alpha so there are some settings you have to dig in INI files to change and there are other options you just cant change at all yet

uses UE4 which you can tinker with when you download the "epic launcher" that has UE UT and a few other games. its the steam for epic megagames games.

I play often, not quite every day. I play as (under) the name Dongle, always have since old UT (99?). do a lot of CTF instagib and hopefully I can start my own server this winter.

play it!