Thread: Did shipping go up a lot on ebay this year, or did they start the global program outside the US?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Did shipping go up a lot on ebay this year, or did they start the global program outside the US?

Topic basically is the question.

The reason I'm asking is that I'd like to re-acquire the vol 4 set of the UK/EU based Konami GB Collection titles as they're GBC and in english (to the SGB and Japanese games from them.) I don't mind paying the $20 a cart they get, but what's infuriating is finding in many cases people asking like $15-25 to ship a 3oz video game. I just won't do it. I won't pay more in that much shipping on a game unless someone screws up and BINs one for like $5-15.

Have any of you noticed this, or do any of our European members here have a take on this? I've not seen this explosion out of Japan or asia in general.

celerystalker is a poindexter celerystalker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Shipping has always cost me a lot from Europe. I used to occasionally order CD-i games from European countries, as I like their unique (if fragile) packaging, and it always cost me at least $15 to ship, so I had to be choosy or combine. Last thing I ordered from a Euro country was an MVS Windjammers cart earlier this year, and shipping was about $20.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Hmm maybe I've been lucky, but I'm still trying to see why a little 3oz package would cost me $20+ to ship. That I've never hit and I've bought stuff here or there from Europe since around 2000. I just was wondering if they started that global shipping junk or maybe they're forcing tracked insured shipping.

celerystalker is a poindexter celerystalker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Not sure if it's forced or not, but I always run into it from Europe. Japan, on the other hand, I make out great with all the time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Well good to know I guess from our side, maybe we have a European member who can explain so we both know.

Either way it's not always that way. I posted 2x today in this section of the forum. I got Asterix & Obelix XXL CIB in the mail from France today. Because of a bad (no image) listing it got overlooked and I snagged it for $3.38US and the shipping was just $4.62 which made it obviously very affordable. I'm used to $5-ish shipping from Japan so it leveled out for once.