Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mega Man Legends Lives! (A North American PSN Re-release Finally Happened)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    Also, surprisingly not a lot of people are into modding and would refuse to hack their hardware.
    That would be me. I put modding up there with drinking and smoking, I just don't do it and never had any real interest in it. Also it was pretty simple to play imports(another reason people mod their systems) on the PS1 with an import converter so that kept me quite busy with all my domestic and import games. The only modding I've ever been interested in is the modding done on PC games but since I don't play games on PC that also doesn't affect me.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Zthun
    PSN
    Zthun
    Steam
    Zthun

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    Or you could download an ISO of Mega Man Legends, burn it to disc, and play it on a modded PS1. If you already have a modded PS1, that's just about $0.50 for the disc. This method was readily available for years so waiting for a PSN release is really a waste of time. I really hope nobody wasted years just hoping for this type of release to happen.

With just reading this thread I now found out it was the same game as the N64 Mega Man 64, as I've played the N64 version it's really nothing special anyway.
    In all honesty, I'm starting to get really into libretro and retroarch's emulator workflow. The interface is much nicer than anything I've seen so far and it can be controlled with a joystick.

But the best part (and saddest), is that the PSX emulator core in retroarch is mednafen, and if you look at the accuracy scores for different emulators, mednafen scores among the top of the bunch and is 30% more accurate than sony's official emulator. That's funny.

So I would say now that you can rip your ps1 game and load it using retroarch and mednafen, that's the current way to go. No modding required, though you'll be running through your PC.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The 1 2 P View Post
    That would be me. I put modding up there with drinking and smoking, I just don't do it and never had any real interest in it. Also it was pretty simple to play imports(another reason people mod their systems) on the PS1 with an import converter so that kept me quite busy with all my domestic and import games. The only modding I've ever been interested in is the modding done on PC games but since I don't play games on PC that also doesn't affect me.
    I was speaking in general but I include myself in that. I've never hacked the firmware or lockout chip of any system really. The exception was snipping the security chip once on an original NES so I could play Parodius PAL and more so to stop it being so bitchy about loading games (was rock solid like a top loader after I did it too.) And I put a 101 screen in my original GBA last month but that was a visual improvement not really hacking to circumvent or anything crazy. I don't like mods and I don't like breaking into stuff as I'm fine as it is. If I can find a pure software work around or a flash kit I can deal with that. I've got a Freeloader v2.06 for my gamecube, it lets me play the PAL version of Doshin the Giant and also 2 of the Hudson JP titles (Bonk and Star soldier) which are awesome. If I get back into GB again eventually there's a few other games I'd snap up.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zthun View Post
    So I would say now that you can rip your ps1 game and load it using retroarch and mednafen, that's the current way to go. No modding required, though you'll be running through your PC.
    That's another option, just playing it on an emulator. Just mentioned the burned disc as it would be on authentic hardware if it mattered. I personally don't mod my systems as I prefer them to be stock unaltered, but finding modded PS1s is pretty easy and cheap, or at least it used to be. I found several with all hookups and controllers for under $10 total.

As for not liking the game, it has nothing to do with nostalgia over the original Mega Man games. I never got into any Mega Man games until much later on, I found the N64 game around the same time as finding the NES games or at least I got around to playing them at the same time. The NES and SNES games are playable once you get used to not having to defeat all enemies before moving forward, I used to have the mindset to destroy all enemies on screen before moving forward as that's what I usually do with my other games, but the Mega Man games aren't beatable this way as enemies respawn. The N64 game I got sick of after a few minutes of playing, I might try it again as I think I still have a copy, but I don't think it's anything amazing or special.