Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PSTV Whitelist Hack Play almost all games

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default PSTV Whitelist Hack Play almost all games

I know there are few people out there like me that haven't used their PSTV in a long time but a hack recently released that lets you play almost any PSP or Vita game you may own. It is super easy to do and only took like 5 minutes total. The only downside is it goes away after you turn it off. I have tried Dracula X Chronicles and it worked fine and a few of my other Vita games and they all load perfectly. I recommend checking it out. It has breathed some life into a system I kind of regretted buying into now it is what it should have been from the start. Let me know if it works for you. I made a separate email just for this so it would be easier.

http://wololo.net/2015/09/26/pstv-wh...d-steps-video/
    Last edited by kai123; 09-28-2015 at 04:04 PM.
    Cool people I have bought stuff from on this board: orrimarrko kyosuke75 dave2236 video_game_addict cloudstrife29661 NESCollector75

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Wow now that's great news, figured it would hit when I'd just have to drain my whole paypal and put a little added on my card because my stupid nexus 7 committed suicide and I had to replace it.

Shame you have to reload it if you ever power off the PS TV, but sleep mode is encouraging. I'm guessing sony isn't rampaging out updates on the thing like PS3/4? I would not even bother if I had to reload that each time, it's annoying, and hopefully a real hard perm-hack can be done that doesn't have to get reloaded into memory each time the power is cut off in the future.

I'll have to keep my eyes out for another of those $20 fire sales on the thing again and get it. Uncharted, Hot Shots Golf, Touch my Katamari, and Lumines I used to own and didn't like I couldn't run most of that...Uncharted and secondarily Golf being the deal breakers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PreZZ
    PSN
    PreZZ

Thanks for the link where you enter your adress! I can finally play castlevania chronicles on my tv! So stupid that sony vlocks fully functiinal games and apps like netflix

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PreZZ
    PSN
    PreZZ

Thanks for the link where you enter your adress! I can finally play castlevania chronicles on my tv! So stupid that sony vlocks fully functiinal games and apps like netflix

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Satoshi_Matrix

This sounds great, but every time I try, it doesn't work.

Please you guys try and actually do this exploit... I get an error every single time. I was able to set up the email client through my gmail, but the Vita TV rejects the #0 file as a ? and the workaround with writer.eml ALSO doesn't work. That too gives a ?. I've tried emailing the author but he hasn't responded in days, so I'm not expecting a reply. Doesn't work for me. What about you guys?

If you guys get it working, please please help me out. I would love to play games like Hyperdimenion Neptunia Re;Birth 1 that are not playable on the Vita TV for no other reason that Sony's laziness.
    check out my classic gaming review site: http://satoshimatrix.wordpress.com/

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am not sure what your error actually is but you are supposed to get one and press the home button and exit the email app for each one and you have to do the actual hack email first. The attached files are corrupted and make the pstv vulnarable to the hacks. Sorry that may not be much help but I just followed the tutorial I linked and it worked first time.
    Cool people I have bought stuff from on this board: orrimarrko kyosuke75 dave2236 video_game_addict cloudstrife29661 NESCollector75

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

So you're able to just put the PSTV to sleep and you don't have to keep redoing it every time? Also what about Netflix and Hulu, does this work for those too? I saw this earlier and pretty cool that they let you, glad that there's an automated email now. Vita whitelisting, the lazy way ^_^.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kai123 View Post
    I am not sure what your error actually is but you are supposed to get one and press the home button and exit the email app for each one and you have to do the actual hack email first. The attached files are corrupted and make the pstv vulnarable to the hacks. Sorry that may not be much help but I just followed the tutorial I linked and it worked first time.

I don't follow, you have to do this hack every time you load another game? I thought it stayed resident in memory even when sleeping, only lost when you flip the power off. I'm going to try and snap up one of these PS TVs if it stays in memory while sleeping. I have no issue saving a file to my computer or whatever and just throwing it through email twice to confuse the hell out of their asinine pointless lockout. So many games don't use the touch feature and still yet some that do aren't required (uncharted) unless you're a 100% completion type person.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Well, it worked for me. And Netflix works too, at least testing it with Garfield and Friends.

However, the menu is slow and sluggish. Lots of lag.

But it works.
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    I don't follow, you have to do this hack every time you load another game? I thought it stayed resident in memory even when sleeping, only lost when you flip the power off. I'm going to try and snap up one of these PS TVs if it stays in memory while sleeping. I have no issue saving a file to my computer or whatever and just throwing it through email twice to confuse the hell out of their asinine pointless lockout. So many games don't use the touch feature and still yet some that do aren't required (uncharted) unless you're a 100% completion type person.
    No sorry it is confusing but there are three files you have to load to get the hack working. It does stay in memory after that though no matter how many games you load just powering off gets rid of it then a reload is needed. I wish Sony would just unlock it and quit being stupid but at least the community is fixing their mistakes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Satoshi_Matrix

Ah okay, now it works. It didn't before. I'm not sure what's changed.

I got Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles, Gradius Collection, and Ys Memories of Celceta working. These are all games that normally don't work with the Vita TV.

But Hyperdimenion Neptunia Re;Birth 1 still doesn't work. Hopefully someone will figure out how to get it working too.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Glad to hear you got it working. It seems Sony is pushing out a new firmware for vita tomorrow and I am sure it will take this away on the pstv if it gets a firmware update too. I am just not updating. I don't know of any new games coming out soon that I have to play so I don't want my pstv to become "useless" again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

What all is still coming out physically on card really for the thing anymore as they more or less threw it under a bus earlier this year.

I agree don't flash the firmware, and if it heckles you, close it. If you have no care of using PSN on it, it shouldn't be a problem. Netflix and things will whine indirectly about PSN< but that nag can be closed to use it anyway as I've done this for years on both PS3 and PS4. I don't waste time on hacker blocking update crap that locks down exploits as it does me no service. Real updates with value sure, but not '...stability...' excuse updates.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi_Matrix View Post
    Ah okay, now it works. It didn't before. I'm not sure what's changed.

I got Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles, Gradius Collection, and Ys Memories of Celceta working. These are all games that normally don't work with the Vita TV.

But Hyperdimenion Neptunia Re;Birth 1 still doesn't work. Hopefully someone will figure out how to get it working too.
    Memories of Celceta works... that's great news. Xseed has been trying to get that working (without hacks) for some time.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    Vita has an email app kind of like Outlook Express, so all you have to do is create a new folder and move the emails into that folder. Then just open the files when necessary. If the program backs up emails or you can save emails for offline use, then even with no internet you're good. Otherwise you atleast need internets. Shouldn't take more than a minute of your time if you want to play a game that isn't compatible whenever you load up the system.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

kinda makes PSTV worth getting if I find one cheap

Pretzel (Level 4) LaughingMAN.S9's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MILKnoCrackerz
    PSN
    ElPrivon

Main thing holding me back from trying it is Sony all of a sudden banning my account because of this, I'm going to sit and wait on this one
    "Kidnap the presidents wife without a plan..."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Satoshi_Matrix

Well, it's a temporary thing. Turn off the system and it resets back to default. I don't see Sony banning people because it's not like this lets you play .isos or something - you still need to have purchased the actual games via retail or through psn.

More to the point, Sony has already patched this exploit out with the PS TV's 3.55 firmware.

This kind of thing will progress through and I hope that eventually Sony will step up to the plate and make these games compatible as they should be in the first place. Anything that doesn't essentially require the camera or gyroscope should be completely playable on the Vita TV no excuses. If you can play without using those features, you should be able to play on the Vita TV.

C'mon Sony. fix this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Sony has some inexcusably lame reason I'm sure, but it makes no sense to me at least with anything that is a standard game or requires touch seeing that PS4 pads have the same general sensor capability, just on the front instead of the back. The other two possibilities, yes I agree, block them as it limits the game or is unplayable entirely. Stuff that works out of the box with the controller capabilities of the PSTV should not be barred and it's amazing they'd do it as really their best Vita titles are greatly removed from the list.

I've said it plenty enough before, but if they'd unlock the games I'd buy it as it kept me from paying $100 when it came out. No Uncharted = No BUY.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Satoshi_Matrix

Well, uncharted golden abyss was the game shown to work in the demo of the whitelist hack, so if that's what's stopping you from getting a vita tv, then you ought to go buy one now. any vita tv on store shelves won't be rocking the 3.55 firmware sony just released, so all you need to do is get it and not update the firmware.

you have an actual portable Vita right? use that to sign in and downloaded whatever to the memory card, and then just use the vita tv without psn and play your uncharteted or whatever in an offline way using the existing firmware.

Vita TVs are only about $40 USD nowadays so it's a good time to buy one.