Thread: Star Wars Battlefront Beta

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Star Wars Battlefront Beta

This just came out today on all platforms and I have played it for about 30 minutes and it is running pretty well. The presentation is very nice too. Anybody else playing this weekend? I played on the PS4 and I was very impressed with how it looked.
    Cool people I have bought stuff from on this board: orrimarrko kyosuke75 dave2236 video_game_addict cloudstrife29661 NESCollector75

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Graphics are great. I might try it out. Might not get it until it's $20, but atleast will try out the beta to see if interested.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I downloaded it an hour ago and will give it a run through later tonight. I'll get back with my thoughts when I'm done.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I'm tempted but not big on large open world MMO type games really, that and I'm not keen on what is it a 3-5 day beta then it locks up? I'd rather not waste the time downloading it and perhaps enjoying it to have the rug pulled out from under me for awhile. Those who do care, let me know I am curious about it, but I can wait for real player write ups.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So I just tried out the beta on Xbox One. I couldn't get into any matches in Drop Zone because it kept telling me I had lost connection to the servers after the lobby started connecting to the game. So I played a few games of Walker Assault and it definitely felt like a Battlefield game. There's some obvious glitches that come with it being a beta like when you try to respawn on a teammate and it makes you respawn on the teammate you previously viewed(but not the one you wanted to respawn on). It took a little bit to get use to not having to reload either. From what I've played so far it's an ok multiplayer game but nothing I'd need to buy at launch as far as what I've experienced so far. I'll be trying out the beta some more over the next couple days.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

So I played it and I think it's a pos. Now I wouldn't let this discourage you because I suck at Battlefield or most FPS style games except Unreal and Quake, however here are the issues I've had with the game. I've only played the Battle of Hoth, but I've played around 10 matches and didn't like a bit of it. First off there seems way too much crap going on, and it doesn't matter what side I'm on, although more so if I'm fighting against the empire, the enemies blend into the background when you're at a distance and then when you're looking for people you get shot in the side because the map is just too damn big. Also there are the perks, not the rechargeable perks, but the ones that reappear on the battlefield. You can't see them very well either and when you do get them, it's a random roll of the dice, usually resulting in a pos. I mean how many times am I going to get a smart missile that I can't use until the AT-AT shield is down, the small possibility that I'll be able to lock onto a flying enemy, and the the rarity of someone being in an AT-ST. I seemed to do better when I was in an aircraft, but unless it was other aircraft, hitting something on the ground would take a miracle. I did best in the incredibly OP AT-ST and AT-AT, never did receive a Jedi power. If you're going to copy Call of Duty with the power ups then just copy Call of Duty. Don't half ass it and make us grab random power ups that you can't even see over half the time on the map. I was actually hoping to receive a Jedi power up bu I played the beta 10 times and I was like, fu** this sh** and then quit. Really it wasn't fun at all, and I could say for the most part it would be my lack of skillz in FPS games but it wasn't fun other than that. Glad I've played the beta, not putting this game in my collection.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Well that's blunt, honest and to the point. Now I'm not so certain I'd waste money on it either if they took that approach with it. I'd just end up getting angry and quit wasting my money pretty fast if that's how the maps and items are handled as that would just be insulting to even bother with.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I finally got into Drop Zone matches last night and those are more like Call of Duty(or Battlefield) Hard Point matches that you need to fight over for control. You'll definitely get more kills in this mode than the other one. I've yet to get many power ups to try out other than the turret. To me this doesn't seem like a horrible game but from what I've played it seems like it would have been better suited as a download only $30-$40 game. I realize it's just a beta but I'm not entirely sold on this yet.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Azathoth1488
    PSN
    Azathoth_IKA
    3DS Friend
    4313-0753-9074

Is it apparent that they plan to outfit this like BF 3 & 4 where you're inundated with ten thousand different sights, grips, camos, and other attachments to every single firearm in the game? Did they completely redo the control scheme again or does it parrot BF4? Can you customize the controls any at all?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Played it yesterday, its ok. I dont like the cards or the level design much. It's fun enough that I will buy the game + all DLC for $30-$40 so I will probably play it in a year or so.
    Bury me with my money......*dies*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PreZZ
    PSN
    PreZZ

One of the most generic, boring shooter I have ever played. It looks good, but man are the maps, weapons and general gameplay mediocre. All they had to do was reskin battlefield with star wars stuff and it would have been the game of the.century.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I thought it looked and sounded great, and I did pretty well during my first Hoth match...and then did progressively worse the next five matches, to the point of coming in dead last. I took a break and played the single player mode, which was neat, then came back. I promptly got my ass handed to me. You would think that, with a few cards/power-ups, I would have done better than my very first match in which I had absolutely nothing, but, nope. I'm not entirely sure what that says about the game, my skill level, or the fact that I became progressively "less present" with each match, but, that was my experience. I'm not sure if I'll purchase right away, or not. I still have BF II running online on PS2 (had to do some reconfoogling, of course, since the gamespy servers went down awhile ago).