Thread: Limited Run Games (producing physical copies of digital games)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Siralim is one of the games that will be released next week, April 27th. Looked it up and the game actually looks really interesting.

Now while you get scrolls with your main character to cast a limited amount of spells, you can really do little else but attack, but every monster in the game has an element as well as a unique effect. So where it looks interesting at is you basically want to build your party around the monsters effects, equipping each monster with artifacts which will make the most use of the effect that monster has, and then attacking monsters based on the rock, paper, scissors of elements, but also based on what monster effect is more dangerous. Party build and the enemies you're fighting is really where all the depth comes from. Will pick this up for the PS4 and Vita, I'll probably never open the Vita version, but it seems a better fit for portable than console because the graphics.

*edit*

I thought a little bit more about it and Siralim is basically a procedurally generation dungeon with nothing unique about the environments. Randomized treasure boxes, etc. If all you can do is attack and you're with a very specific party for a good amount of time, it's obvious that the game can become very very very repetitious since the game has little else going for it than party customization and synchronization. It's honestly a good concept, but is it a good enough concept to double dip with all of its limitations(ie, everything else.) Well, you'll find out later when I post on the forum about how LRG goes back to bottom of the barrel trash or not, depends on how long it takes me to play it because as of right now I'm playing through Ys8 and The Evil Within 2, and after finishing those two it'll be Yakuza 6 and Darkest Dungeon that have priority over everything else.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 04-22-2018 at 03:33 PM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.