Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
It doesn't change the fact that the games are $30 each while the PS4 version launched with with both games at $30. How hard is it to question Nintendo or Sony to customize the case to allow two discs, two Vita cards, two Switch cards, etc. The reason why I mention other consoles, is because this isn't the first time LRG has done this. Steamworld Collection was released on the Vita and that in no way was "insufficient space" to fit on a single card, compared to both PS4 and Wii U that had both games on disc.

Or, how about when I mentioned after the second LRG release of the Kemco RPGs that Kemco announced a Japanese exclusive game that included two of those games. The collection includes four games for less than two LRG releases. LRG later released the final two games in the collection at $25 each. After the Japanese announcement of the collection. I don't think the fanbase who purchased the previous two would be that upset when the alternative is to pay $25, but hey, LRG doesn't give a crap about it's fanbase, it's all about the money and it's always been about the money. The die hard fans are starting to finally realize this, though they should have realized this long before.

And it's already been stated, but why the hell are we still paying a premium when they no longer have any of these games on hand? Their excuse used to be because of the risk. Even back then there was no risk, because when every single game sells out within a few days you've already made your money back alongside a massive return. The fact that they don't even have these games on hand for months means the risk excuse is even more bullshit, so when they do something like this it's even more scummy.
So don't buy the game. You said it yourself, you can buy it cheaper on PS4. You can also buy it cheaper on PC and PS4 digitally. Nobody cares if you buy it or not. Some of us will buy it because we want a physical copy on a great platform in the Switch and there is no other way to get a physical copy for that platform.

LRG is relatively constrained in what they can do because if they change the structure of a digital release, they have to submit it as if it's an entirely new product to Sony and Nintendo. That's why they were floating the idea of doing Telltale game releases that spanned five discs when all of the episodes could easily fit on one disc. They don't have the ability to repackage the assets, they literally just take the digital build and slap it on physical media. That's also why in most cases it only costs $25 or $30 for a game and not $50 or $60 since the amount of technical expertise and programming they are paying for is small.

Whether the games are on hand or not has nothing to do with pricing. Gamestop doesn't discount the price of their exclusives just because you have to preorder months in advance or risk a sellout. You also have no idea if LRG make a big profit or not. They have a number of employees, warehouse and office space, IT and utility costs, packaging and shipping/fulfillment costs, customer service expenses, taxes, payroll, benefits and lots of overhead that eats up the profit they make. Of course, that doesn't even include ESRB costs, replication costs and the most important cost, the revenue share to the developer. Frankly, I suspect you have never run a business in your life and have no idea what you're talking about. Moreover, if you feel so strongly about your opinions, I would encourage you to take them directly to LRG and give them an opportunity to defend themselves. Instead, you always run here where you can hide behind the anonymity of a dead forum where LRG will never see your crazy claims and theories. It's really super sad.