Page 57 of 63 FirstFirst ... 747535455565758596061 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1249

Thread: Limited Run Games (producing physical copies of digital games)

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
    the game could've been priced at $25 and still be over $10 more than the digital price point.
    The $10 extra of the digital price has been changed long ago. LRG has removed any word of it from any posts or tweets they've made, Dark Overlord got banned from the forum over a year ago for pointing it out. There's so many games that have came out since earlier this year that have been increased beyond $10 additional.

Bloodstained Curse of the Moon was $30 despite being $10 digital, that's a whole $20 increase. LRG did state that $25 would be their minimum, but also stated they'd never go more than $10 over the digital price, and many other games have hit $15 over or more. The latest Kemco RPGs for example, they were all $25 releases and all of them have been $30 releases since April. I think Kemco is garbage so I didn't purchase them, just know the costs. So while people can say Bloodstained Curse of the Moon is a big game, they can't say that of the Kemco games. Siralim 3 is the only recent game I can remember that the price wasn't jacked up and overpriced.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

They explained that the extra $5 on Kemco's games is because they cancelled a bunch of Vita releases due to the deadline for production and rationing of Vita cards leading up to that. It's a BS reason, but at least they gave a reason. I barely pay attention to what they're releasing for PS4 and Switch these days, but with Vita releases, they're still generally sticking to the $25 minimum or +$10. So that's what made Rocketbirds stick out.

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Got my copy of timespinner for switch last month from LRG.Still nothing interest me currently for buying a game from them,i'm waiting on them to have orders for blaster master zero still

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Anybody know what's up with the LRG forum? It's been down for some time now, only showing an error. I'm just wondering if I should keep bothering to check in or if it's been confirmed anywhere that it's down for good, considering LRG already decided a while ago to turn it over to the fans and no longer regard it as an official board.

Pac-Man (Level 10) mailman187666's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
    Anybody know what's up with the LRG forum? It's been down for some time now, only showing an error. I'm just wondering if I should keep bothering to check in or if it's been confirmed anywhere that it's down for good, considering LRG already decided a while ago to turn it over to the fans and no longer regard it as an official board.
    I would also like to know as well. I'd say twitter or discord may have that info, but I don't use either of those. The LRG forum and FB were/are my main sources for LRG info.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

found a redit that LRG responded to https://www.reddit.com/r/limitedrun/...al_forum_down/

looks like the last thing mentioned was that "LRG was trying to figure out what is going on with the forum site themselves".

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mailman187666 For This Useful Post:

Aussie2B (02-11-2020)

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Thanks for looking into it. I guess I'll keep checking back now and then.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Now it actually looks like the LRG website is down. It almost seems like they are getting hacked or something.

Another gaming forum I visit, cheap ass gamer, has given me a message saying that people may be trying to steal my information, so I have been staying away from there lately too.

EDIT: LRG site game back up.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Brigandine Legend of Runersia is available on LRG from May 1 to May 31st as a preorder. It has a standard edition for $49.99 and a Limited Edition for $74.99. The LE includes the game, a poster, a soundtrack, and a pin.

On the LRG it also states that both versions come included with a full color interior and booklet. So whether you get the collector's edition or not it's still coming with an instruction manual.

Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    SouthRox
    Steam
    SouthRox

Forum is still down. I haven't been very into LRG in the last while, it got to be too big, too much to keep track of, and too EXPENSIVE! I wen't back just lastnight to get a copy of my trade/want list. It was perfect, finely tuned after months of work on it. Couldn't access it, so that was kind of a bummer. Here's to hoping they get it going again. It's hard to connect with others on LRG stuff.

PSN: SouthRox

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

At this point, I don't expect the forum to ever return, and even if it does, a lot of the users probably won't return. I hear ya on losing interest in LRG. It was a lot more fun following them when they had a release now and then, not cranking out a bunch of new stuff basically every week.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I know people have heard this a million times on the internet. If you stick to just what you really want and try to curb impulse buying, LRG is a great resource of games.

Also I am not surprised that the forum closed and is still gone. Right towards the end there seemed to still be a good amount of complaining about LRG. One person came on and said something like "I wouldn't even piss on Doug if he was one fire" and said he was a scumbag or something along those lines. Doug came and made a surprise visit to make it known that he read this comment just by replying "wow", and the poster started doing some serious backpedaling on what he had said, saying "Oh thats a common expression in our country, it's not that bad". I wouldn't be surprised if that was the part that made LRG ask themselves "we helped out fans leaving the forums open and here they are slandering me/us." It wasn't long after that exchange that the forum closed. I can't say whether those two events are connected or not, but it does seem pretty coincidental.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I don't know if the forum was purposely pulled down, but with comments like those on there, I'm sure that killed any motivation to put in any work to restore it, if it genuinely went down because of an error. I was going there for information, since I didn't want to keep tabs on a bunch of different social media accounts, but even I was getting turned off by the atmosphere there.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

LRG: games for people who dont play games

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I don't see how that comment makes sense. Everybody who has posted in this topic plays games. I've opened and at least briefly played almost every LRG game I've bought, and I've played several to completion (or otherwise sunk a good amount of time into them, like the Atari Flash Classics compilation).

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

you guys are the exception not the rule. id say a very large percentage of the buyers are shelf collectors. hey to each their own i just see a lot of crossover between LRG buyers and the "sealed" collector community

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Between LRG's forum, Twitter, GameFAQs, and elsewhere, I've come across lots of people who open and play LRG's games. The sealed collectors exist, but they also buy mainstream releases, so it's not exclusive to LRG. And there are plenty of retro collectors who buy used, opened games but don't really play them. Even in my case, I buy games with the intention of playing them, but with a big collection and limited gaming time, much of my collection sits on shelves for years and years, even decades, without being played.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I leave some sealed and I open some. I've even bought their limit of 2 for a couple games to open one and leave one sealed. I almost always buy them to open and play, but like Aussie said, the backlog situation is real. On rare occasions I will admit I get a little crazy with it. If I get to opening an LRG game that has been on the shelf for awhile, I look up the value on ebay and see what it'll truly cost me to take that shrink wrap off. Most times, I don't care and just want to play it. Most of the ones I still have sealed are ones I bought that I already have digital versions of (transistor, bastion) ones that I bought specifically to leave sealed (Bloodstained COtM CE, cover variants of games I've already opened), or when I've visited them at Pax East and bought a bunch and never found time to play (Curses and Chaos, Oceanhorn).

I'm not really a sealed game collector much. With retro games, I never buy sealed because that's not why I collect. Sure I would buy one if the price was close to a used copy, but I'm not about to drop an extra $100 on a game that the seal will get torn on being on my shelf with non sealed games. Or it would have to be at a price where I know the value is much greater.

Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Yeah, I suspect a lot of the sealed collectors are still playing the games, just not specifically the physical version they own. They're all available digitally, and in many cases, you can pick up the digital version for no more than a few bucks. On top of that, the digital versions are usually available long before LRG's physical run (even if the sales date is simultaneous, LRG takes forever to ship). And with many of LRG's releases, there's absolutely nothing inside the case but the disc/card, so unless you're just dying to look at the disc art, you're not missing out on anything by playing the digital version and keeping the physical sealed. Some people just like to have the option of owning a tangible version of a game they're enjoying digitally or to have the option to throw a little more money the developer's way. That's definitely the case with some games I own, from LRG and others. Pretty sure my copy of London Detective Mysteria is still sealed, since I already downloaded and started playing it digitally before the physical version had even been announced. I also got a copy of the Secret of Mana remake on PS4 that's still sealed because I played through it digitally on Vita.